TWD - Multiplication - kais 06/26/17 ~2000 words (L)

kais

Cute!

Fun fact: Quirk once bought 40 pairs of designer shoes off SophistiOutlet.galaxy, only to discover they were all cunning Nupleather knockoffs with no return policy and had to sell them for pennies on the dollar at UniversalJunk.sale. Moth saved records of the entire debacle and uses them as blackmail whenever a new videogame she wants gets released. She will happily share her "Quirk-promat" to the right bidder (*ahem*Magda*ahem*). 

This was fun! I thought Q was fairly true to form, though we'll have to see what @Robinski says. Seeing M from her own POV was very interesting. I think S tones her down a lot from her true coarseness!

11 minutes ago, industrialistDragon said:

Though these are amusing at least.  Fun fact: Magda once had a drinking contest with a literal sponge -- and won.

Was the sponge an Eiean?

Fun Fact: After seeing the bar (and pole) Quirk took her to, Magda spent a sizable portion of Sorpsi's budget on stainless steel manufacturing, textiles that stretch, and invented several new guilds, where young women could learn flexibility and conditioning regimes.

2 minutes ago, Mandamon said:

Was the sponge an Eiean?

Tsk, tsk, @kais should have taught you by now that sponges and fungi are not the same at all! ;) 

It was a spongiform xenoservice advance CC galactibrand representative -- basically a planetary door-to-door salesman -- peddling standardized extruded celluplast tableshapers. It went over at Sorpsi about as well as you'd imagine and Magda felt so sorry for the guy she bought him a drink for the road. Little did she know alcohol absorption was a competitive sport on the planet-of-the-sponges and Mr Xeno ACCGBR held his district's title for three picodats running. Challenged offered, challenged accepted and all that. 

Only...

Official absorption-grade ethanol is 99.99 (repeating)% pure and while top-shelf Sorpsi whiskey is bush-leagues in the percent-proof department, all the "impurities" that make it so tasty to human palates are not really... well, compatible with sponges...

19 minutes ago, kais said:

OOOOOOHHH put Rilan in it!!

Err, @kais, I think you just boggled my mind. I mean, actually, putting Q and M together was pretty straightforward, but R too... :blink:

I, I, I need to read that...

Edited by Robinski

But they both drink, don't they? Maybe they're both drunk and Quirk has to play moderator, especially since Magda will be making passes. Although, we don't actually know if Rilan is straight or bi, or one of those 'bi when they are drunk' women. 

9 minutes ago, Robinski said:

I've never considered R to be sufficiently bosomed to attract M's full attention

I suppose it would depend on who else was around. Of course, after the night she and Quirk had at the strip club, the bar might now be unattainably high. 

I drive home from work and this is what happens!

...also I may have already been contemplating something like this...

good lord...now I have to write this. I'm wondering what R would think about M too. No, @Robinski, she's not bosomed enough to attract M, so she'd definitely be all business at first. I think I'm with @kais. It would depend on the first impression, but I totally see M and R disparaging Earth customs together, laughing at Q's ridiculous suit, and then after a few drinks, R starts showing M how to do martial arts, M makes a comment about boobs, and R taps into the Symphony to make a few...ahem...biological changes.

7 hours ago, Mandamon said:

I think S tones her down a lot from her true coarseness!

M is trying very hard to impress S. I think @Robinski hit right to the heart of M in his piece, with her sort of casual entitlement. 

This exercise made me really question whether I wanted the whole book in just one POV. It'd be such fun to swap out with M. 

Okay, I'm reading now...

"and was far cleaner than anyone else she’d met on Earth thus far." - :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Night on the town with Tightpants - :lol::lol::lol:

"Does the place you suggest have less wood in it?" - :lol::lol::lol:   Although, I was thinking it might actually have more 'wood' <_<

“With my smart mouth and the outfit you’re wearing? As much as we can handle.” - :lol::lol::wub::D

Oh, gosh, that was fun. I was a bit worried from the introduction that I had underestimated M's crass vulgarity, but I thought it landed very nicely where my impression is from reading TWD, and the culture shock of their worlds 'meeting' was not too great at all. Nicely done.

Hey, look who's here late. :) 

On 6/26/2017 at 4:24 PM, Mandamon said:

good lord...now I have to write this. I'm wondering what R would think about M too. No, @Robinski, she's not bosomed enough to attract M, so she'd definitely be all business at first. I think I'm with @kais. It would depend on the first impression, but I totally see M and R disparaging Earth customs together, laughing at Q's ridiculous suit, and then after a few drinks, R starts showing M how to do martial arts, M makes a comment about boobs, and R taps into the Symphony to make a few...ahem...biological changes.

Ah, now I have to see this. :D 

Well, @kais this was quite entertaining. :) Even without really reading M's character before, I really got a sense for her in her interactions with Q. I, uh... feel like I should say more since you gave me so much to work with for my story, but I also don't think nitpicking little bits of this "just for fun" story would do much good. So I might just quit before I fall further behind. 

Cheers. :)