reclaiming breath

Thrand_Antharo

12 minutes ago, Thrand_Antharo said:

Could Hemalurgy be used to reclaim Breath from a lifeless, could it still be used or would it be stuck to the spike? 

I am 97% sure that there was a discussion on the forums a while back where we realized that we had conflicting WoB's about whether or not you could even spike out Breath. If I find that, I will edit it in.

On my Unmaking the Canon thread. Basically can probably get a Divine Breath because they're in the spiritual realm, can probably not get a normal one coz they're in the Physical Realm, but its not canonized.

Belief that you cannot use hemalurgy to steal Breath

Apparently it was once believed (widely or not, I'm not sure) that you could not spike out Breath. We have conflicting WoBs it seems. Herr is one that indicates it can be, but Here is one that indicates (I think more strongly) that it cannot, due to it being Physical rather than Spiritual (but noting that a Divine Breath may be different as it affixes to the soul).

Questioner: With spikes, would you be able to actually transfer Breaths when they get to the other planets?

Brandon: So, spikes rip off pieces of the soul, and so Breaths are not going to be part of the soul.  You could maybe get a divine Breath, but I haven’t really decided on regular Breaths, they’re kind of stuck there in the Physical Realm, which is not something the spikes are dealing with.  Divine Breath potentially, because that’s like something that’s actually melding on to your soul

Edited by Extesian

• Chaos locked this topic