The One Who Connects

Modern Society in AonDor

30 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

He's going off the "definitions." He made the same "Ien = wisdom" mistake Recneps made on Thursday.

The words that Aon Daa represent are "power, energy." It's a reasonable enough assumption to make, and it's essentially the one that I made about Aon Rao(except I have the Ars Arcanum backing me up)

1. Maybe not. Aon Rao though... "In AonDor, Aon Rao serves as a power amplifier."
2. Sort-of. You could use a plate inscribed with Shao & specific modifiers so you could mass-produce plates, but I'm not certain you could use an Aon to inscribe an Aon onto something.
3. At present, Ien is healing. Aon Ene though... you aren't gonna be hitting Taravangian level, but you could probably get close to a Zinc Compounder.
4. Ire is "time, age." I'm not seeing the Taravangian connection here.
5. Unless you've got a magical method, Edo is already unbreakable. It draws power from the Dor to match whatever physical force it's up against. (You raise a valid question, albeit unintentionally. What would a stronger Edo shield do, if it's already unbreakable?)
6. No. "Boosting the Power of" is not the same as "Change the Ability of." Mistborn Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Omi removes negative emotions, so it's basically Soothing. A Metallic Arts version of a power boost would be Duralumin.
We've had a Duralumin boosted Soothing on someone, and while Straff was heavily numbed by the experience, he was not controlled.

I was thinking you could enhance Omi so far to make everyone fall in love with you and follow your every command. Anyways, you could make "soothing stations" that didn't actually require people to be there. I was thinking that the Ire could have super-intelligence with the boosting because they sound kind of derogatory and Taravangian is like that too on his smart days.

Just now, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I was thinking that the Ire could have super-intelligence with the boosting because they sound kind of derogatory and Taravangian is like that too on his smart days.

I just saw them as old enough to have learned/experienced so much that they see the mundane as beneath them. Take TLR as an example, since he'd been around long enough to stop caring, and realize that several members of the Ire are even older than he is.

4 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I was thinking you could enhance Omi so far to make everyone fall in love with you and follow your every command.

It doesn't make people love you. It instills a sense of calm and tranquility. Also, taking it back to Mistborn...

Spoiler

We've tried something quite similar on here before. Compounding Connection(which actually relates to you, unlike Omi's calm) does not make one a leader of fanatics.

Duralumin: Connection. Everyone will trust you and follow your every command. Imagine infinite charisma

Duralumin: Trust sure. Following commands... Being very connected with people could make you a pseudo-very close friend, but I don't see it somehow making you in charge. I can see people having less doubts about "ideas" you suggest, but I wouldn't equate connection with charisma just yet.

6 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Anyways, you could make "soothing stations" that didn't actually require people to be there.

Possibly. Still takes it back to that bit of the Ars Arcanum:

Text in question: "It is peculiar in that it requires the Elantrian drawing it to feel sincere affection for those around them,"
If the affection is also needed when activated, hire a pacifist or friendly religious fellow. Otherwise, we're good.

That said, if you programmed the Aon to run forever(or for a year, to test it), then you could have the Elantrian activate it and then be fine for a while. (This is what i think you were implying)

Exactly. You seem to know much more about this than me. Factories that drill into the Earth, transmuting it into whatever you need could be a thing. Question: can you transmute things into god metals?

Okay. I thought so. That would be REALLY broken if Jasnah could just make Shardplate.