Oathbringer Update #8

Oversleep

Its only been within the last year and a half or so that I have been following Brandon's progress and have a quick question regarding that. Would it be unrealistic (based on Brandon's usual writing speed) to hope that by the end of the year he will be on later drafts of the Apocalypse Guard and a first Draft of The Lost Metal by the end of the year? I know these books are shorter and easier for him to write than SA. Would a eventual April release for The Lost Metal be unrealistic?

Edited by Ammanas

Not necessarily. He might have already done some preliminary brainstorming for those books. That being said, I do think Lost Metal will get released next fall, with maybe a smaller in-betweener during the spring.

Great update. I was pleased to learn he didn't cut anything substantial, just a few scenes here and there as well as rogue sentences. I had worried for a while he had removed large chunks of it. So all in all, great news.

Reckoner Books were around 125k each? So assuming 60 or so writing days for Apocalypse Guard? 3 or 4 months to write once he gets started? So finished around December with touring for Oathbringer? Would think fall 18 for Apocalypse then spring 19 for Mistborn 7. Of course he could throw a wrench and write Rithmatist 2

10 hours ago, StormingTexan said:

November seems so far away.. :(

Yes it does. -_-

Now I'm having memories of waiting for the later Harry Potter books to arrive. Crazy times. I think in July 2005 (before HBP came out) I joined an on-line support group for people who just couldn't wait for their milk to expire.

On 6/16/2017 at 4:38 PM, ZenBossanova said:

On the basis of that word count, and the word count and pages in Way of Kings, I estimate Oathbringer will be about 1164 pages. 

That sound great! I don't know if it's just me but ever since I started reading Brandon Sanderson and everything else is really kind of been  subpar compared to his books. I wish the book was 2164 pages at least we'll take me awhile to read it I can never get through books quick anymore because of my kids. So this should give me a good month of reading.  

1 minute ago, Kered said:

Stupid question, what's "ketek"?

From the Reddit comments:

[–]Retsam19 88 points 6 days ago* 

It's the forwards and backwards five-part poem that makes the section titles for book parts. Like from Way of Kings:

Above silence, the illuminating storms—dying storms—illuminate the silence above.

[–]The_Vikachu 40 points 6 days ago 

Just going to add some other keteks, because I have the wiki page open (should have realized someone in the comments would have explained what it was).

“Radiant / of birthplace / the announcer comes / to come announce / the birthplace of Radiants. ”

—A ketek by Allahn

“Alight, winds approach deadly approaching winds alight. ”

—A ketek by Navani Kholin describing the meeting of the Everstorm with a highstorm

• Chaos locked this topic