Oathbringer Release/Tour FAQ

Pagerunner

Does anyone have a link to where I can preorder a copy of Oathbringer for the midnight release party? My wife and I already bought plane tickets to go to Utah for it and we wanted to make sure we locked down a copy of the book. Any details on where to preorder, good insights on attending the release party, etc. are welcome! TIA!

14 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

Does anyone have a link to where I can preorder a copy of Oathbringer for the midnight release party? My wife and I already bought plane tickets to go to Utah for it and we wanted to make sure we locked down a copy of the book. Any details on where to preorder, good insights on attending the release party, etc. are welcome! TIA!

Brandon will put up a blog post when things go live. He hasn't done so yet; keep an eye on his website.

4 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

Brandon will put up a blog post when things go live. He hasn't done so yet; keep an eye on his website.

Thanks @Pagerunner. Someone mentioned to me (irl, not on the Shard) that they had already preordered the book for the event. Perhaps they were mistaken. I just didn't want to miss out!

11 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Do you think ebooks will be available for download just after midnight? I'd really like to start reading as soon as possible, especially since midnight in USA is morning for me.

I was able to read the ebook by 3am USCentral Standard Time when Arcanum Unbounded released last fall. I'm not sure how long before then it was available, that's just when I first checked. 

They just announced how to get numbered books. You can get them from the midnight prerelease, the San Diego signing (which is on the release day), or order them online from Weller's, as usual. The link for ordering them online should be going live later today, at 7:00 PM MDT (9:00 PM EST, 1:00 AM UTC); I recommend anyone who sees this and wants to watch for the go-live, should watch Brandon's blog, and not wait here in this thread.

1 hour ago, chikinllama said:

Does anyone know when the links will go up? It's been 15 minutes already since the posted time and they haven't been updated.

Either Brandon or Peter tweeted that they were moving it back to Wednesday. So tune in tomorrow, same time, same station.

I want to send some feedback to those planning the release party (for future reference). Can anyone suggest how best to do that? Where should I post and whom should I tag? Here's my feedback!

Please consider giving us at least one to two weeks notice before sale links go live! 

Many fans are on a tight budget. It would be so nice if there was more time between the announcement about the VIP package and the time to preorder it. I am afraid it will sell out before some can purchase it (who really, really want it but can't afford it on 24 hours notice). This also applies to the limited edition merchandise. 

Also, I am glad there was at least one day delay between the pre-order book announcement and when the links will go live. More time would be better!! I usually check Facebook regularly and see updates. For some reason yesterday I missed the update and I would have missed the 7pm same-day link to order (and get a lower place in line). This would have been so disappointing to me!

I remember for Bands of Mourning there was an announcement a couple of weeks before the link went live for the digital line. This is what concerts do too -- they tell you when tickets will go on sale, and you can plan to be there on the website right at time of sale. I have a lot of friends who love the Stormlight Archive who are super-busy professionals who do not follow every tweet/post, and might not catch up for days. It would be so helpful to have a buffer so everyone could get the word about the pre-sale/digital line/VIP package sales. Not everyone gets the word quickly. Giving a couple of weeks notice would allow for everyone to hear about it. (I am thinking here of life's crazy situations, health issues, work issues, other reasons why people can't always hear and act within 24-48 hours).  

And a huge THANK YOU to all who plan these events. I know it is getting soooo complicated! We appreciate all that you do and how fan-centric the plans and events are!!! 

Edited by sophiehatter
clarity

I have a question about the release party announcement, and there's no way to post it on Brandon's site, so I'm hoping this is the best place for it.

One of the perks listed for the VIP backstage party is " Reserved seating for Brandon’s Presentation."

If I spring for the party (and buy the book, of course), will I still need to get a wristband at UVCC on that Monday? Seems like it might be a duplicate of what I'd get with the ticket to the party, and if I take a wristband and don't need it, then I'm effectively taking it away from someone else if the event fills to capacity.

There's probably no rush to get an answer to this question, but I read the post 3 times looking for the information and didn't see it.

Soooooo looking forward to this! It'll be my first (and probably only) release party - extra special since Dalinar is my favorite character (so far).:D

10 hours ago, sophiehatter said:

Also, I am glad there was at least one day delay between the pre-order book announcement and when the links will go live. More time would be better!! I usually check Facebook regularly and see updates. For some reason yesterday I missed the update and I would have missed the 7pm same-day link to order (and get a lower place in line). This would have been so disappointing to me!

I just ordered the book from the BYU store. The link wasn't live until 7:09pm (I was refreshing every 3 seconds since 6:59).  My order number is 485-SO809. Does this indicate anything about where I am in the digital line? 

Edited by sophiehatter

1 minute ago, sophiehatter said:

I just ordered the book from the BYU store. The link wasn't live until 7:09pm (I was refreshing every 3 seconds since 6:59).  My order number is 485-SO809. Does this indicate anything about where I am in the digital line? 

My link is still giving me a 404, any idea what I can do?

2 minutes ago, sophiehatter said:

Keep refreshing! Try the link again from the blog page! It took several minutes for mine to work!!!

I've been doing this since 6:59 too and trying everything, maybe I'll close out of my browser and try again

Edit: Still nothing

Edited by Taliax

It took me several tries too, but I got in at about 7:10. Whew! For a few minutes there, I thought we were all crashing the BYU Bookstore site!

I came up with another question that's not covered in the article on Brandon's site: Where it gives you shipping options, I selected "Pick up in store" - is that correct? I certainly don't want the items sent to my home - I want them at the release party! :)