Oathbringer Release/Tour FAQ

Pagerunner

Doesn't that 

1 hour ago, Kav said:

FYI Tor has just released Brandon's tour schedule, http://www.tor.com/2017/08/02/brandon-sanderson-oathbringer-tour/.

I'm posting them here too for convenience. Is it just me or does this seem a little light on stops? I was certainly hoping he'd come to the East Coast!

Monday, November 13 @ 7 PM
BYU presents Brandon Sanderson
Utah Valley Convention Center
Provo, UT

Doesn't that link say the release is at the BYU Bookstore, not the convention center?

17 minutes ago, Taliax said:

Doesn't that 

Doesn't that link say the release is at the BYU Bookstore, not the convention center?

Yep, they must've edited it since I posted. I'll edit my first post to reflect the change.

500 miles. On a weekday. To Chicago.... Major disappointment in seeing how many stops this tour isn't making. My 3rd book release now and that's the closest he's been. Really? 6 stops and 4 of them so close you could spit to the next one over. 

Edited by AngelEy3

9 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Its both good and bad. The bad-not going near my area this time around. The good-it's not too many stops. Honestly I don't want him spending a lot of time touring. I want him focused on writing.

But isn't that what the cloning machine for, so that he has time for both?

3 hours ago, Argent said:

Chicago-area tours always freak me out, 'cause they tend to be towards the end of the tour, and I get paranoid as I read from the top...

At least he is coming to Chicago. Can I make it that far? :huh:

Sanderson, why you not come to Nebraska? I hear you're from here (or have I answered my own question there).

4 hours ago, Zea mays said:

At least he is coming to Chicago. Can I make it that far? :huh:

Sanderson, why you not come to Nebraska? I hear you're from here (or have I answered my own question there).

On a Tuesday? I know I can't make it that far on a Tuesday. One stop East of the Mississippi...  On a Tuesday. 

I'm sad - he almost always comes to Dayton. He has really spoiled us, hasn't he, with being so accessible for so long. Oh well. IIRC one of the WOT tours was in November/December, but his kids were tiny then (or not born yet!) and committment to family is one of his many admirable qualities. I still hope to attend the midnight release, even if it is at 7 PM for some odd reason... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2017 at 9:16 AM, Draginon said:

Now I'll have to decide between a possible midnight release at B&N or wait a week for Murder by the Book

If you live near Murder by the Book then you could buy it on day 1, read it, then bring it to the release party to get it signed eh?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To anyone who has previously attended a Brandon release party at BYU--how early would you recommend showing up, and what is the parking situation like? (I'm guessing it will be busier than previous ones since his readership is continuing to grow--just not sure what kind of crowd to anticipate.) So excited!