Stupidest moments.

Steeldancer

Speaking of microwaves ... I once microwaved a spoon. Blue lightning happens if you do that. I do not recommend the experience. I nearly repeated the situation with a fork in the university cafeteria microwave a few years later. I am now carefully monitored by friends when microwaving my lunch!

3 hours ago, Penumbra said:

Speaking of microwaves ... I once microwaved a spoon. Blue lightning happens if you do that. I do not recommend the experience. I nearly repeated the situation with a fork in the university cafeteria microwave a few years later. I am now carefully monitored by friends when microwaving my lunch!

I accidentally microwaved a spoon in my coffee mug a few weeks ago, but oddly, nothing happened. It wasn’t hot either. I didn’t notice it until I pulled my coffee back out.

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

I accidentally microwaved a spoon in my coffee mug a few weeks ago, but oddly, nothing happened. It wasn’t hot either. I didn’t notice it until I pulled my coffee back out.

Please share the secret to safe metal-microwaving o: im bound to do it again some time ...

6 hours ago, Mestiv said:

Probably depends on the kind of metal the spoon is made of and it's shape. Forks sounds deadly in Microwave. So does aluminium foil and CDs :P

I think it was a steel spoon? I realize my microwave just burned steel and got new powers ... hm :ph34r:

One fine day, I, Rodel, was working on an assignment in class. After I finished, I began to read Warbreaker for the infinitieth time. It seemed to be cool with the teacher and all, until he got up, walked to the front of the classroom and said,

"<insert name>, you cannot possibly know everything about this class, and if you do, why are you taking it? Put the book away, please."

WHAT THE HECK?? I FINISHED THE STUPID ASSIGNMENT! CAN'T I READ?? WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE WORLD?? $%@# YOU, TEACHER!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Was reading the Random Stuff thread and someone mentioned Korean barbecue and I remembered something really dumb. I had tried kimchi noodles for the first time and I had to sneeze during that. Once I was done my nasal cavity was feeling terrible like there was a fire in there. After a few minutes of that discomforting feeling I needed to blow my nose. Somehow the earlier sneeze caused some of the sauce to go up into my nasal cavity so I had the spices irritating everything. My sinuses felt so clear after that blow so there was one good thing that came of it.

24 minutes ago, Draginon said:

Was reading the Random Stuff thread and someone mentioned Korean barbecue and I remembered something really dumb. I had tried kimchi noodles for the first time and I had to sneeze during that. Once I was done my nasal cavity was feeling terrible like there was a fire in there. After a few minutes of that discomforting feeling I needed to blow my nose. Somehow the earlier sneeze caused some of the sauce to go up into my nasal cavity so I had the spices irritating everything. My sinuses felt so clear after that blow so there was one good thing that came of it.

I can relate to nose problems. I was dissecting a frog during Biology in 8th grade, and it had that really strong formaldehyde smell. I had a stuffy nose that day, and leaned in to get a closer look a the frog's innards, and then had to sniff really hard and got a full blast of the stuff that I could almost taste it. I did not have clear sinuses after that. 

11 hours ago, ryshadium90 said:

I can relate to nose problems. I was dissecting a frog during Biology in 8th grade, and it had that really strong formaldehyde smell. I had a stuffy nose that day, and leaned in to get a closer look a the frog's innards, and then had to sniff really hard and got a full blast of the stuff that I could almost taste it. I did not have clear sinuses after that. 

:wacko: Ewwww!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

My grandfather was at a Chinese restaurant. His meal came with a side a wasabi. He thought it was guacamole. You can guess what happened. 

Happened to a coworker. He didn't do a little bit but a huge spoonful of it.

16 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

My grandfather was at a Chinese restaurant. His meal came with a side a wasabi. He thought it was guacamole. You can guess what happened. 

I had a friend mistake wasabi for pistachio pudding. I "forgot" to correct his error. Evidently people mistaking wasabi for other foods happens more than one would think.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2017 at 0:28 AM, Ammanas said:

I had a friend mistake wasabi for pistachio pudding. I "forgot" to correct his error. Evidently people mistaking wasabi for other foods happens more than one would think.

I mistook Wasabi mustard for regular mustard once, but that was more understandable.  It wasn't the green Wasabi color, it looked mostly like regular mustard (or maybe a dijon mustard).

Not my favorite sandwich ever. :wacko:

In my language "parachute" is synonim with whore, easy woman etc. When I was about 8 I had a teacher that my parents didn't really like because she would always be late and not put any effort into teaching. So my mother would constantly talk with her friends, saying that my teacher was a parachute. So insead of doing the reasonable thing and ask my mother what that ment, I went to school and asked my teacher in front of the class : " what is a parachute? because my mom always says you are one". Needles to say, that after that my father was the only one going to parent meetings.

I also just turned around once and tripped by .. nothing and just fell on my stomach and slided in front of an entire class of people, jumped into a lake without knowing how to swim, thought myself Spiderman and jumped of a bouldering wall from 2m hurting my leg, tried to ride a bike that I couldn't reach the pedals ( because I'm too short) and bumped & fell into a concrete wall, tried to ski, realised that I was sliding downhill (DUUH!), got scared and threw myself on my back to stop, resulting in a sprained ankle. Safe to say, sports aren't my thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I called one of the senior doctors on my ward 'babe' today. It was literally out of my mouth before I knew it, I said 'babe, would you mind reviewing this chest x-ray...'. Then I awkwardly proceeded to explain that I call my husband 'babe', so it just sort of slipped out. Luckily, my colleague is a pretty sound and funny guy...he'll probably just tease me about it for the rest of my work life. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not a specific incident, but still a bit funny.

So, I take chorus in school, and I like to hum/sing under my breath songs we are singing in chorus the rest of the day after that class. Problem is, I only ever remember about 2 or 3 lines from a single song each day, so I just repeat them over and over. I sound like a broken record. Literally.

On 11/8/2017 at 8:01 AM, Jondesu said:

I mistook Wasabi mustard for regular mustard once, but that was more understandable.  It wasn't the green Wasabi color, it looked mostly like regular mustard (or maybe a dijon mustard).

Not my favorite sandwich ever. :wacko:

My sister-in-law once made her husband (my brother) a turkey sandwich with lots of mayonnaise... Only problem was that she accidentally used horseradish instead. Needless to say he had clear sinuses for a while. :)

• Chaos locked this topic