Stupidest moments.

Steeldancer

This is for all those stupid things you've done that are hilarious in hindsight. 

Me, I broke my nose. How? I listened to my best friend. Now my best friend is well known for doing things that would be defined as "somewhat stupid." (Such as what happened to me). In fact, their entire family is known for it. Anyway, it's a church activity, my soon to be girlfriend was coming (I was planning on asking her that night) but she was late, and my friend and I were bored. So he says, "I should give you a piggy back ride!" 

This was the stupid part. I should have known better. I DID know better than to listen to him, given how many times he's injured himself in stupid ways. But instead I listened to him. I jumped on his back, fell off, he turned to catch me and elbowed my nose. I left before my soon-to-be-girlfriend came, off to the urgent care facility. 

And thus she did not become my girlfriend that night, my nose became crooked, and I now have a healthier respect for not being stupid. 

Share your own hilarious stupid stories below! 

One time when I was a little kid (and therefore stupider as a general rule than I am now), I was at my church with my parents. When they said it was time to go, I turned around to run away and ran smack into the edge of a door, gashing my forehead open on the latch so badly that we had to go to the ER and get me stitches.

@The Flash Nice.:DIs your nose still crooked?

@Sunbirb I've done that before, except with the corner of the bed and staples.:rolleyes:

I could tell a bunch of hilarious stories about my friend. Her family is the best/funniest I know. But one of my mine...there is a annual Christmas event in my town called Sparkle, basically a bunch of vendors and events and window shopping on this one street in town. My church usually did the Nativity story at an arch on the street, and we usually rented an RV for the actors to stay in whenever they weren't up. (The story kept repeating through the night). When I was 8 or 9, I was hanging out at the drivers wheel watching everyone else, and right in the middle of the graceful/gentle music playing outside at the arch, I somehow elbowed the horn and it blasted loud and clear.

22 hours ago, ryshadium90 said:

@The Flash Nice.:DIs your nose still crooked?

@Sunbirb I've done that before, except with the corner of the bed and staples.:rolleyes:

I could tell a bunch of hilarious stories about my friend. Her family is the best/funniest I know. But one of my mine...there is a annual Christmas event in my town called Sparkle, basically a bunch of vendors and events and window shopping on this one street in town. My church usually did the Nativity story at an arch on the street, and we usually rented an RV for the actors to stay in whenever they weren't up. (The story kept repeating through the night). When I was 8 or 9, I was hanging out at the drivers wheel watching everyone else, and right in the middle of the graceful/gentle music playing outside at the arch, I somehow elbowed the horn and it blasted loud and clear.

Yes it is. And that's fantastic. 

On the topic of embarrassing stories....

My freshman year in high school, I can't exactly remember when it was, but after either a football game or some marching band contest, we were changing out of our uniforms (late at night, the directors didn't care if we changed out of the uniforms in the band hall-everyone usually wore shorts or compression shorts underneath anyway), and I realized I had forgot a pair of pants to change into, so I was just in my compression shorts (which are very unflattering, and kind of revealing, if you've ever worn them). So, my dad had the wonderful idea of bringing me his jacket because he was already at the school and didn't want to go home and bring me up a pair of pants. So, instead of being sensible and just wrapping the jacket around my waist to cover up, I followed the advice of this senior who said to try and stick my legs though the arm holes. I realized one second in that wasn't gonna work, but not before I got stuck in them for a little bit and one of the sophomores noticed and pointed me out to a couple of her friends, after the senior pointed me out to her. Needless to say, I made a very rude gesture to that senior.

Moral of the story, always remember your pants.

On 6/8/2017 at 10:19 PM, StrikerEZ said:

My freshman year in high school, I can't exactly remember when it was, but after either a football game or some marching band contest, we were changing out of our uniforms (late at night, the directors didn't care if we changed out of the uniforms in the band hall-everyone usually wore shorts or compression shorts underneath anyway), and I realized I had forgot a pair of pants to change into, so I was just in my compression shorts (which are very unflattering, and kind of revealing, if you've ever worn them). So, my dad had the wonderful idea of bringing me his jacket because he was already at the school and didn't want to go home and bring me up a pair of pants. So, instead of being sensible and just wrapping the jacket around my waist to cover up, I followed the advice of this senior who said to try and stick my legs though the arm holes. I realized one second in that wasn't gonna work, but not before I got stuck in them for a little bit and one of the sophomores noticed and pointed me out to a couple of her friends, after the senior pointed me out to her. Needless to say, I made a very rude gesture to that senior.

Wow. That's impressive. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/06/2017 at 0:19 PM, StrikerEZ said:

I must say, I have to give that to you.

As for me, I once said somebody was vegetables instead of kind. It was in a foreign language (Japanese), but it was still very embarrassing. I also once said that pizza made my dad instead of the other way round.

17 hours ago, StormyQueen said:

I must say, I have to give that to you.

As for me, I once said somebody was vegetables instead of kind. It was in a foreign language (Japanese), but it was still very embarrassing. I also once said that pizza made my dad instead of the other way round.

Knowing some Japanese myself, I can definitely see how that would happen. 

I have a bunch of embarrasing stories, mainly while I play sports,one time I was playing football with some friends and  I had to kick the ball, but I kick my own ankle instead, obviously I fell, in the most ridiculus way, in front of all the high school.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm catholic and I usually help the priest during the mass as a server. One time during a big Easter mass I accidentally seated myself in the priests chair. 

The year after that I fainted in the middle of another easter mass, again up at the altar, for everyone to see. 

Easter masses are not really my thing, apparently.

2 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I'm catholic and I usually help the priest during the mass as a server. One time during a big Easter mass I accidentally seated myself in the priests chair. 

The year after that I fainted in the middle of another easter mass, again up at the altar, for everyone to see. 

I can relate. I have almost fainted at most of my chorus concerts. It's somewhat embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

You almost faint at most of them? Sounds interesting. Do you know why that is?

First off, I'm forced to wear a full tux. Second, our teacher doesn't give us enough water. Third, I'm really tall. And the lights are hot. It's not a good combination. If I drink a ton of water, I can survive, but if I don't, I have to push through lol

@Toaster Retribution from every one else's perspective, I think Easter mass is totally your thing. Everyone probably wonders what you'll do next. 

1 hour ago, The Flash said:

I can relate. I have almost fainted at most of my chorus concerts. It's somewhat embarrassing. 

This is something that is actually very common and whoever is running your choir should have taught you about. It's a circulation issue. Don't lock your knees, keep your legs slightly relaxed and the issue should disappear.

Edit: I did choir in high school. Went to competitions in New York and San Francisco. This is literally the first thing our instructor brought up every year. If you lock your knees, you will pass out. 

Edited by Calderis

6 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

This wasn't me, but a friend had to get stitches on his leg. Why? Because he did a slide tackle and got cut by a blade of grass 

Sounds like something my sister would do. She had a fire drill at college and was excited to go back in afterwards. So excited that she ran into the glass window next to the door. Usually people hit their nose first or their forehead, but nope, she hit is teeth first and broke her two fronts ones in half. You can tell that we really love her based on how we laughed after giving her some advice on what to do.

7 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

perhaps you should start tapping Mass rather than storing it..........

(I'm...sorry)

When my sister was in high school, she and her friends were out driving late at night and briefly kidnapped a lamb. They put it back, but not before it peed all over the car and everyone in it haha.

Nothing I've done could ever top that.

In my pre-puberty days, I was much skinner and shorter than most kids.

When I was 8, I thought it was a good idea to play tag with a girl that was much fatter and taller

Eventually we collided and because of the momentum, the rest of my body flew into a nearby wall and I hit the back of my head on it. I ended up in Hospital and 2 hours of vision without colour and barely able to recognise my own parents. Did I mention I also got a concussion? 

Only good thing was the doctor was really hot XD:wub:

6 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Recently, I was having trouble removing a pan from a steamer using a washcloth to grip the edges. So I MAY have attempted to grip it with bare hands instead :rolleyes: 

Heh, that reminds me...this isn't really a stupid moment, but I work at the glass museum, and I was told that one of the glassblowers had so many calluses/painless nerves in his hands that he could just grab a cookie sheet straight out of the oven. No mitts. 

• 1 month later...