The World of Tenov-Worldbuilding project

Dragon314

Sure. Put them under sapient beings. I have created a topic there called bird peeps. please change that to the name of the species you want to develop.

Clockwork-Do geography. I'm sure someone'll show up to help.

Edited by Dragon314

Okay. My thoughts exactly. i have a very basic layout for region 2.

ryshadium90- I don't know. i doubt it. It doesn't take long to get an account, but if you don't want to, i think thats okay.

Edited by Dragon314

I'm on mobile and can't do a lot, so I'm going to put my thoughts here instead. This is all spitballing rough concepts, so please tell me your thoughts.

The Corvidae (working name for now) are pretty big birds, about the size of harpy eagles. They have bigger brains to support complex thought. Depending on the physics of this world and how realistic you want it to be, they should be too heavy to fly in a place with Earth gravity. However, this can be handwaved using magic.

The Corvidae love shiny things, which are status symbols to them. The more sparkly, the better.

3 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

I'm on mobile and can't do a lot, so I'm going to put my thoughts here instead. This is all spitballing rough concepts, so please tell me your thoughts.

The Corvidae (working name for now) are pretty big birds, about the size of harpy eagles. They have bigger brains to support complex thought. Depending on the physics of this world and how realistic you want it to be, they should be too heavy to fly in a place with Earth gravity. However, this can be handwaved using magic.

The Corvidae love shiny things, which are status symbols to them. The more sparkly, the better.

Speaking of magic, I've written an article on the Wikia on magical amulets that control the elements. Would I be fair in saying that they use Air amulets?

Also- Only 3 feet tall?

Edited by Dragon314

6 minutes ago, Dragon314 said:

Do we want horses? Have horses not been tamed yet? Are there horse sized dogs?

Whatever they are, they don't live in Akalani. The jungle is too dense for a quadrupedal creature of that size that walks on the ground. Animals of that size live higher up. 

Nice. I went ahead and described humans as fairly common, but with few, if any, organized kingdoms. Treehouse civilization @Hemalurgic_Headshot?

Edit: Also, do you want me to make a map for Akalani? I can definitely do it, I just need the basic layout of what you want.

Edited by Dragon314

Just now, Dragon314 said:

Nice. I went ahead and described humans as fairly common, but with few, if any, organized kingdoms. Treehouse civilization @Hemalurgic_Headshot?

Yes. The Gurdu people, I've already mentioned, will probably fit that description. I might also have a ground-dwelling people that lives further north, where the ground becomes too rocky to support Aoni trees.

1 hour ago, Dragon314 said:

Speaking of magic, I've written an article on the Wikia on magical amulets that control the elements. Would I be fair in saying that they use Air amulets?

Also- Only 3 feet tall?

Yeah, that sounds good. These birds use air magic to help themselves fly. One of their coming of age ceremonies is when a young bird gets an air amulet that they can wear around their leg. This lets them fly and officially marks them as a juvenile.

They're actually bigger than 3 feet -- wingspan is around 8 feet. They have long, narrow wings to help them fly long distances.