Stormlight Jokes

Tesh

Any good SA jokes? Hu? Any one? Okay. Here it goes.

Q: If Shallan marries Adolin, what will she become?

Spoiler

A: A SEMI- KHOLIN!

Spoiler

You know, ;. That Semicolon.

Edited by Smart Sloth

Bad jokes? I'm great at those.

what do you call Kaladin when he isn't being particularly intelligent? Kala-dim.

What is the worst thing about being insulted by the Wit? You can't Hoid from him. (Can't hide...can't Hoid... it's funny I promise)

Oh this will end badly

What do you call the night of a full moon? A Night Radiant. 

What did the Purelake used to be called?

The Purepond.

Why did Odium invest in Roshar?

He was worried about the yield on government bonds. 

Why aren't Rosharan names symmetrical any more?

Hipsters.

What did Lift used to be called?

Elevator. But when she got her green card, noone in America understood the word. 

That'll do I think. 

7 minutes ago, Extesian said:

What did Lift used to be called?

Elevator. But when she got her green card, noone in America understood the word. 

Uh, I think you got that last one backwards... It's an 'Elevator' in the US/Canada, but a Lift in the UK/other. So maybe, "Who is Elevator? Lift, after she got her green card: she changed her name because her new American neighbours didn't understand her old one." Unless I got literally the other end of that Stick...

Edited by Krandacth

1 hour ago, Krandacth said:

Uh, I think you got that last one backwards... It's an 'Elevator' in the US/Canada, but a Lift in the UK/other. So maybe, "Who is Elevator? Lift, after she got her green card: she changed her name because her new American neighbours didn't understand her old one." Unless I got literally the other end of that Stick...

Really? In Australia we usually call it an elevator and as we get most words from the Brits I assumed...

Well, of several poor jokes that was the poorest anyway :D

5 hours ago, Extesian said:

Really? In Australia we usually call it an elevator and as we get most words from the Brits I assumed...

Well, of several poor jokes that was the poorest anyway :D

As an American who's always loved British humor I'll agree. We say Elevator to their Lift. 

Most of those things I can totally understand like A flashlight being a torch because it's obvious. 

Why is an apartment called a flat though? I've never understood.

2 hours ago, Calderis said:

Why is an apartment called a flat though? I've never understood.

I'm by no means an expert on British etymology, but I've always seen it as flatter than a house, or even a bungalow (even they usually have pitched roofs).

• 2 months later...

A soldier came running into camp after going to see the prostitutes. He was white in the face. His friends asked if he had a good time. He said that he had not. They asked why. He said that when he asked how much the woman charged, she said one mark plus the tip. He told his friends that he hadn't realized they were charging body parts now.

• Chaos locked this topic