Site slogans

@Toaster Retribution

What I´m suggesting is basically that Kelsier appears as a threat, Harmony needs Marsh to fight him, but Marsh is too weak. So Harmony allies with a twinborn who can compound brass/zinc to control Marsh, make him spike himself, and then fight Kelsier.

And yes, I know that this plotline is extremely unlikely.

@The One Who Connects

The likeliness factor has never stopped us before

Source

Edited by Extesian
Quoting and linking coz Connects is right :)

On 5/31/2017 at 10:29 PM, Extesian said:

Care of @SnopyDogyhere.

Ha and i love that one, @The One Who Connects

And the last line from one of my absolute favorite signing transcripts, from @Pagerunner

The whole thing spoilered for size, coz it's too good

Hide contents

PAGERUNNER

*holding out list of Allomantic metal symbols* Is ettmetal's symbol one of these 4? *Points at the unused ones*

BRANDON SANDERSON

No. It has a symbol, but I don't think you've seen it yet. No, you haven't seen it.

PAGERUNNER

*making connections internally* Oh, that's interesting, since we have seen Harmonium's symbol.

BRANDON SANDERSON

No, you haven't. Have you?

PAGERUNNER

Yeah, we have. *momentary staredown* It looks like the double lerasium. *waves hands around in the air like an idiot to pantomime the axis of reflection*

BRANDON SANDERSON

*looks crestfallen* Oh. Right. Then, I guess you have seen ettmetal's symbol.

PAGERUNNER

*cackles internally* So, ettmetal is Harmonium!

BRANDON SANDERSON

*sadly* Yes...

PAGERUNNER

Am I allowed to tell people? I can keep it a secret if you want.

BRANDON SANDERSON

No, you can tell people.

PAGERUNNER

*almost ditches the rest of his signing turn to go tell people*

I'll probably have to rename this thread to classic Sharder statements if I continue on this track :)

Poor Sanderson probably cried himself to sleep for the loss of the wonderful plot twist he was planning to throw at the community. :(

I think it really says something about the Sandersonian community that not only do we have an entire website dedicated to his books, but we have a thread on said website discussing the possible slogans of the site by taking out of context quotes ;) 

4 minutes ago, Calderis said:

(not trying to bring up the emotionally charged political and ethical debates that this implies from the real world. I'm just trying to draw a parallel between the two) 

This would make a pretty good slogan for every theory ever

ironically this ones also from Calderis 

Edited by Jonathon
Calderis

• 2 months later...

Here's one from when we were trying to kill planets:

On July 2, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Calderis said:
On July 2, 2017 at 6:48 PM, Oversleep said:

Obviously the next target would be a star. Then we will move on to star systems, then to galaxies...

After you spike the Cosmere, I'm pretty sure you've broken the magic system. 

Really, you could just go ahead and say "If it can be spiked, it will be spiked".

3 minutes ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

Is there any context for @Chaos'a quote, @Extesian? It seems a little bit creepy as it is now. 

Hmm. I hope Chaos doesn't yell at me. Lol it was from years ago, took me ages to track it down. Suffice to say it was a light hearted and funny context, as it was repeatedly repeated by a number of people back then. This was years before I joined

Feast your eyes upon the 2011 forums ;) looooolz