Site slogans

Here's the WoB that my quote was taken from, if anyone is curious:

Q: Can spren be pierced by hemalurgic spikes? Will it give some effect?

A: Yes. A spren can be pierced by invested metal…

Q: Could it be spiked?

A: Could a spike be used to give abilities to spren? That’s not going to work really well.

Q: Could you steal from a spren?

A: Yes you could steal the investiture of a spren. Any investiture can be used in a spike if you know what you’re doing. It’s actually not that hard to use one on a spren.

Q: Because I thought you said hemalurgy needs moving blood.

A: It needs, uh, yeah…there are places where spren have more physical form, more tangible form.

Q: The Cognitive Realm?

A: Yeah if you go to the Cognitive Realm on Roshar the spren act differently.

Q: So you could spike in the cognitive realm?

A: Yeah I’ll leave a RAFO with you on that. That’s your fifth one. So there are ways to get any investiture into hemalurgy if you know what you’re doing. But yeah this is not something that would be a common use for hemalurgy. Let’s just say that.

Q: We do not concern ourselves with common uses.

A: Yeah I know you don’t. But yeah hemalurgy, when you’re spiking into somebody you…you’ll see when we get around to it.

18 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I know I'm in the minority here. I was fine with the scene in the book. The forum has made me hate that stick though. 

Yes!! I hate the stick so much now,all of the jokes about it are so repetitive.Sry to all the stick fans,but I just don't get it!

Oh no, now I'm gonna have to expand my signature with some of the other great suggestions :) and link to this thread(which was far easier than I figured it'd be)

As for the stick, I never paid it a second thought. Even you people with your crazy threads haven't done much to change that.

Ooh here's a good suggestion:

Unread Content: Crazy Theory Time (Spoilers)

It's this thread from way back when, but the title stands out enough that it's completely worth it.

I think you guys are over complicating this, the answer is simple

Care of @SnopyDogyhere.

Ha and i love that one, @The One Who Connects

And the last line from one of my absolute favorite signing transcripts, from @Pagerunner

*almost ditches the rest of his signing turn to go tell people*

The whole thing spoilered for size, coz it's too good

Spoiler

PAGERUNNER

*holding out list of Allomantic metal symbols* Is ettmetal's symbol one of these 4? *Points at the unused ones*

BRANDON SANDERSON

No. It has a symbol, but I don't think you've seen it yet. No, you haven't seen it.

PAGERUNNER

*making connections internally* Oh, that's interesting, since we have seen Harmonium's symbol.

BRANDON SANDERSON

No, you haven't. Have you?

PAGERUNNER

Yeah, we have. *momentary staredown* It looks like the double lerasium. *waves hands around in the air like an idiot to pantomime the axis of reflection*

BRANDON SANDERSON

*looks crestfallen* Oh. Right. Then, I guess you have seen ettmetal's symbol.

PAGERUNNER

*cackles internally* So, ettmetal is Harmonium!

BRANDON SANDERSON

*sadly* Yes...

PAGERUNNER

Am I allowed to tell people? I can keep it a secret if you want.

BRANDON SANDERSON

No, you can tell people.

PAGERUNNER

*almost ditches the rest of his signing turn to go tell people*

I'll probably have to rename this thread to classic Sharder statements if I continue on this track :)

Edited by Extesian

On 5/30/2017 at 5:40 AM, Calderis said:

I know I'm in the minority here. I was fine with the scene in the book. The forum has made me hate that stick though. 

I am with you on this. If you have seen the American TV show "Parks & Recreation" then you will appreciate this comparison: those of us who do not understand the "the stick" love are just like Ben Wyatt and his utter confusion over everyone's love of Lil' Sebastian. 

19 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

I am with you on this. If you have seen the American TV show "Parks & Recreation" then you will appreciate this comparison: those of us who do not understand the "the stick" love are just like Ben Wyatt and his utter confusion over everyone's love of Lil' Sebastian. 

It's just a tiny horse. 

On 5/30/2017 at 4:39 AM, A Budgie said:

I loved the third one. My friends seem to think WoR is a really silly book since all they know about it is 'I am a stick' and the boots scene.

the boots scene is like the best scene in the entire two books (and considering how big they are that means something ..)

Hm I'm shamelessly add one of mine, though only because Oversleep suggested it. 

Sure there are 'errors' to people who spend their nights reading obscure answers Brandon has given but I thought it was nicely put together. If it had been a theory on here I would've congratulated you, given an upvote and then told you where it was wrong. Coz that's what we do :)

On 5/30/2017 at 4:58 AM, Oversleep said:

Here's the WoB that my quote was taken from, if anyone is curious:

Haha, in my head I picture Brandon listening to your last line, rolling his eyes, and saying all exasperated "Yeah, I know you don't Oversleep".  

1 minute ago, Kered said:

Haha, in my head I picture Brandon listening to your last line, rolling his eyes, and saying all exasperated "Yeah, I know you don't Oversleep".  

He was more of laughing at the time. There's audio for that in the Poland events thread.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Calderis said:
9 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:
1 hour ago, Lightspine said:

I feel I'm speculating too far on too little information, however.

You'll fit right in.

Admitting we have a problem is the first step towards making it a lifestyle. 

You did this.