Do you have an imaginary person in the Cosmere who you turn into when you're bored?

Tesh

• 1 month later...

I believe that the things you are referring to are called 'sonas, BTW, assuming no one on the previous pages pointed it out(I didn't bother reading them XD)

Mine is named Tarenwel, and he's Neutral. He's a Twinborn (Seeker/Steelrunner), and he also has a Fabrial, but it is drained of Stormlight, and he hasn't discovered Roshar yet.  His mother was a Steelrunner, kidnapped by the Set for use in their breeding programs. When he was 12, he and his mother escaped and went to live in his mother's childhood home in Tathingdwel(I'm assuming for this that it has a large Terris population). He lived there until he was 18, when he and his mom were hunted down by the Set. He escaped, but his mother was killed. He fled into the northern Roughs. Soon after arriving in a distant Roughs town, he witnessed a robbery being performed and, being a morally supercharged terrisman with a healthy lack of self-preservation instincts, he tries to stop the robbers. He didn't actually catch them, but he delayed them long enough for the senior lawman of the area to arrive and capture the criminals. The lawman offered him a job, and having nothing better to do, he accepted. A few years later, he encountered a worldhopper, who he ended up chasing. This is how he got his Fabrial, an how he discovered worldhopping. As of now, he's only explored in the Cognitive Realm around Scadrial. He uses a pistol, glass throwing knives, and an aluminum baton. He's mediocre with the pistol, but incredible with the knives and skilled with the baton.

Edited by .50 Caliber Gentleman

2 hours ago, The Allomantic Metalhead said:

Of course, being overpowered is fun! I draw the line at shard-level power, though. Get too overpowered, and it gets really boring really fast.

2 hours ago, King Cole said:

Wow, i cant express how much I agree. 

Same!

On 20/11/2017 at 3:11 AM, The Allomantic Metalhead said:

Of course, being overpowered is fun! I draw the line at shard-level power, though. Get too overpowered, and it gets really boring really fast.

I kinda agree with this, except for me the definition of OP is the point where it gets boring too fast <_<

It is fun having heaps of powers though, although a lot of the time for me it's even more fun figuring out what you can do with limited powers. Because when you rely to much on your OPness you don't get as much room to develop your character.

....that doesn't really stop me from giving my characters heaps of powers tho :ph34r:

New character:

Eheron is a male Elantrian worldhopper. He has one hemalurgic spike which grants him feruchemical brass powers, and he is a skilled artifabrian who invented a type of  Fabrial that can fire short-range waves of heat, as well as one that allows him to temporarily create perpendicularities.. If you hadn't figured it out yet, he's something of a pyromancer. He typically wears a white robe with flowing sleeves that conceal his fabrials and bracers. He is the person Tarenwel chased into the cognitive realm, and the creator of said person's fabrial.

Edited by Crimson Not Blood

Forgive me, but I’ve never really written something like this before.

I’m Solir Darjeeling, Alethi, lighteyed, eighth dahn and I don’t see myself rising from that anytime soon. I have pale green/grey eyes, weirdly disorderly hair that keeps getting me into trouble with my superiors, and a fairly average build.

I’m a military brat, born of a soldier and a seamstress. It was my father’s hope that I would follow in his footsteps and join the Kholin’s army, like he had. I wasn’t exactly eager at first, being content to remain a musician. I was part of an orchestra during my younger days, see. Of course, when I saw the threat the Parshendi posed to us, I joined up without a second thought. I got sent to the Kholin warcamp and became a watchman, though I would occasionally perform in a local orchestra, when I had the night off.

Then, one day, a few scouts fell sick and we were undermanned at the time. I was “volunteered” to get sent out on a scouting mission to report on enemy movements. I’d never really been out on the Shattered Plains before. It was all sort of new to me. I didn’t have long to appreciate it, though.

There was a battle. Well, I wouldn’t call it a battle, more like a slaughter than anything. The Parshendi caught us unawares and we fought to the last. I don’t know why, but they didn’t finish me off and just left me to die, surrounded by the men I called my friends. I remember, as I was fading, reaching up to the night sky and pleading for help. In that instant, I saw Starspren. I heard Starspren.

I think I joined with Starspren as well. There was some kind of bond, because I heard the Spren’s words in my head, and I saw things; massive swords wielded by great knights in titanic armour, a faceless being that was both one and many, and other worlds, far beyond Roshar, floating in the sea of stars.

When I woke, my wounds were healed, and I could hear the Spren speaking to me. I had become something called a “Truthwatcher”. I’m not entirely sure what that means. Legends were never really my greatest strength, but perhaps there is more to this than I know. For that reason, I must discover the secrets I’ve been shown, and learn to wield the power I’ve been given.

1 hour ago, Darjeeling said:

Forgive me, but I’ve never really written something like this before.

I’m Solir Darjeeling, Alethi, lighteyed, eighth dahn and I don’t see myself rising from that anytime soon. I have pale green/grey eyes, weirdly disorderly hair that keeps getting me into trouble with my superiors, and a fairly average build.

I’m a military brat, born of a soldier and a seamstress. It was my father’s hope that I would follow in his footsteps and join the Kholin’s army, like he had. I wasn’t exactly eager at first, being content to remain a musician. I was part of an orchestra during my younger days, see. Of course, when I saw the threat the Parshendi posed to us, I joined up without a second thought. I got sent to the Kholin warcamp and became a watchman, though I would occasionally perform in a local orchestra, when I had the night off.

Then, one day, a few scouts fell sick and we were undermanned at the time. I was “volunteered” to get sent out on a scouting mission to report on enemy movements. I’d never really been out on the Shattered Plains before. It was all sort of new to me. I didn’t have long to appreciate it, though.

There was a battle. Well, I wouldn’t call it a battle, more like a slaughter than anything. The Parshendi caught us unawares and we fought to the last. I don’t know why, but they didn’t finish me off and just left me to die, surrounded by the men I called my friends. I remember, as I was fading, reaching up to the night sky and pleading for help. In that instant, I saw Starspren. I heard Starspren.

I think I joined with Starspren as well. There was some kind of bond, because I heard the Spren’s words in my head, and I saw things; massive swords wielded by great knights in titanic armour, a faceless being that was both one and many, and other worlds, far beyond Roshar, floating in the sea of stars.

When I woke, my wounds were healed, and I could hear the Spren speaking to me. I had become something called a “Truthwatcher”. I’m not entirely sure what that means. Legends were never really my greatest strength, but perhaps there is more to this than I know. For that reason, I must discover the secrets I’ve been shown, and learn to wield the power I’ve been given.

That's really good.

Would you like to join the RP?

Adding background characters 

First off is Flin. He's a Steelrunner/Nicroburst, and Tarenwel's half brother. He works for the Set, mostly because he's never done anything else. The Set uses him for fighting Allomancers occasionally, but ignores him most of the time. He's a pretty good logician and extremely sarcastic. Currently he's hunting down Tarenwel.

Second off is Selana. She's a Skimmer and a childhood friend of Tarenwel's. Currently she is working with the Terris studies on Spiritual metals.

These two might come into play later. I imagine advancements in knowledge on Feruchemical Spiritual metals will be very interesting to Arcanists across the Cosmere...

Unless, of course, they've already figured it all out

There's also a Lurcher and a Seeker but they're both dead so I won't put them here.

@Ookla the peer-pressured thank you ever so much!! 

Okay, whale here's my Character: 

I am Vashakh "Vash" Sadeas, nephew to the renowned Torol Sadeas, co-founder of the new Alethi kingdom. I am a Lightweaver and scholar. Heretic for being not only a male scholar but homosexual (low-key and not normally acted upon). My spren's name is Clandestine (Clan), and he helps me Surgebind. I was raised in Tomat, the chief city of my uncle's princedom. I would visit Jah Keved on occasion in my youth, learning about the culture and literature in secret with my spren and best friend, Rannikh. Not many people know that I can read alethi women's script, though I do write and read often. I went to the Shattered Plains not long before the Everstorm hit and have come to Urithiru with the masses. To my aunt, I am virtually forgotten, as she (Ialai) deals with the losses of her husband and the financial issues that accompany, though I do live in the same region of Urithiru as my family.