Do you have an imaginary person in the Cosmere who you turn into when you're bored?

Tesh

My name is Zennix (at least that's what I'm called currently). Over the couple of centuries that I've been alive, I've had to change my name in order to avoid notice. That's the only thing about me that I usually have to change. You see, there is something special about which you will find out soon enough. 

I am the child of two of the Five Scholars of Nalthis. You see, I'm something of a miracle since my parents were believed to be unable to have kids. To complicate matters, I was born with a very strong permanent Breath that took me up to the Fifth Heightening. This made most people think that I'm a Returned. They called me Windseeker the Just. 

I'm an immortal (because of my Breath) and I can alter my body's shape and size. 

I returned home from my travels one day to learn that my mom was killed and my dad was missing. I searched for him all over the kingdom for 10 years but I couldn't find him. 

One day, I ran into a woman. I was fascinated with her because I'd never seen someone with her skin color before. She was very intelligent and pretty. We chatted about research (I did some with my parents) and stuff. I learnt about other worlds and the Cosmere from her. I made her take me with her when she worldhopped. 

That was how I came to Roshar. 

Many years later, when several people began to glow and gain mysterious abilities, I heard a soft feminine voice  beside me that said, "Zennix. My name is Lianyra. I am Highspren. You must speak these words... " 

Zennix (Windseeker the Just) 

Edited by Zennix

20 minutes ago, King Cole said:

@Zennix

Are you, returned or not?

Not really. I'm kinda unique. You can say that I'm halfway between a Returned and a Royal. I have a Returned level Breath but unlike them, I don't consume mine. I can change my hair and appearance like the Royals. 

1 minute ago, King Cole said:

I doubt your breath would be as strong b. ut its your story

The same old problem. People never believe me when I tell them the truth about my heritage. This is why I just tell anybody that asks that I'm a just Returned. It's simpler this way. 

Only Khriss accepted my story. Oh! I so miss her! 

Dear Surgefinders,

My name is Brightness Varaseel Demek. I'm a minor lighteyes and have been watching the Surgefinders for a while now. Please forgive the length of this letter, I only wish to be accepted. 

I grew up as the 2nd oldest of four siblings to Dasha and Larakel Demek. I started my education very young and fell in love with learning. I was never very rebellious or a "tomboy" like many of the other people in this group. I learned how to be a "lady" and enjoyed it. One day, my oldest brother got ill. I wasn't allowed to see him, by order of my parents, until he became better. He didn't become better. He died soon and the sickness spread around. I suddenly realized how bad it was. It wasn't just a cold or fever turned bad. It was an outright plague. People called it the "Shivers" and it rapidly took my family and the people around us. Some people went insane, but those cases were rare.* I watched as my brothers, sister, and parents suffered through this, slowly tortured until their final breaths, where they whispered death rattles in tortured voices. I tried to help, but I had no idea what to do and I barely ever found anyone able or willing to help. I searched books and everywhere I could, but in the end I did nothing. Everyone around me died. I've seen only two survivors from the plague. I wasn't one of them. I never got sick. I blame myself for this still. Did I help spread it? Why did everyone else get sick? Why? Why? These have been burned into me.*

A cryptic started following me and I bonded quickly. I named him Fluxation* (yes, not Fluctuation) and he helped me fix some of my life. I traveled to the Shattered Plains and have been living in Sebarial's warcamp, doing odd jobs. At one point I even ended up being a scribe for Navani.

I know you are a very accepting group, but it felt wrong not to have to "apply" in some form or another. I am barely above mediocre in history, writing, and the other main subjects, but I'm deplorable at science. Mathematics has always been my strong point and I love it. My fine arts are average, my worst being painting, but I'm an amazing musician. I'm quite capable in harp and flute and dabble in oboe and clarinet (or Rosharan instruments like that). I don't want to be vain, but I've been praised greatly and there were many times people would come to hear me play from miles away. 

I use illusions like other Lightweavers, but unlike them I manipulate sound more (yes, everyone, I have researched it, lightweavers manipulate "waves" including sound waves). Because of my talent in music I lean towards it naturally.

I wish to be a part of your group and would enjoy it immensely. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Brightness Varaseel Demek

Things to know about my character: quiet, intelligent, perfectionist, HATES, ABSOLUTELY HATES making mistakes, feels guilty, doesn't like talking about her past, loves math and music A LOT, acts "properly", etc.

The * means that there is stuff behind that, that once we become closer, she might reveal.

@Serce Forts thanks for sharing your story. Like you, I'm a Lightweaver, but I haven't managed to get very far with sound waves. Instead, I've focused mainly on making my Lightwoven figures' movements seem entirely natural, and pairing my Lightweaving with my Soulcasting to greater extents. I hope we may have the chance to learn from each other in the future!

Tesh is the leader of the Surgefinders, as you most likely know, so I'll leave it to her to invite you to the chats. Good luck, hope to see you in the RP soon. 

Your friend, and fellow Lightweaver, Contessa. 

Edited by Contessa

@Serce Forts, welcome. I, too am a lightweaver. I have experimented with sounds waves as well, but it is more of a hobby for me, since I am much better at the drawing side.

Wait. . . You said you were one of Navani's scribes once? I have been a part of that group for quite some time. Perhaps we may have met before?

Either way. I am glad you have decided to join us and hope you enjoy your time here!

Sincerely, 

Brightness Carola Davar, a fellow lightweaver and surgefinder.

Hey I wasn't rebellious...... I think?! :ph34r:

Welcome to the Surgefinders Brightness! (Can I call you Varaseel? Demek?) It sounds like you'll fit in well! 

Wow, now we have 3 lightweavers! They're going to take over....

I drive my tutors mad because I cannot draw or sing or do anything that is considered appropriate for young lady and am always sneaking off to spar with my brothers or watch the dueling grounds. I convinced one of my fathers guards to give me fighting lessons in the spear and hand-to-hand combat and everything else I can get him and my brothers to teach me. I can beat most of the village boys in running races and drive my mother to despair because I like to ride our horses bareback and wear pants instead of a dress. At night I sneak out of the window and practice Surgebinding. I also find it Storming inconvenient to have to wear a sleeve over my safehand!!!

@Sami You're not necessarily rebellious, you just...have more interest in...non-feminine things and you hate wearing...your...safehand sleeve. *Blushes a little*

You may call me Varaseel.

Please take no offence,

2 hours ago, Serce Forts said:

@Sami You're not necessarily rebellious, you just...have more interest in...non-feminine things and you hate wearing...your...safehand sleeve. *Blushes a little*

You may call me Varaseel.

Please take no offence,

Fine good point

*goes to edit my profile*

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Surgefinders,

I am Nathrangking a mysterious and powerful entity from the spiritual realm. I command powerful magics which makes me more powerful than any shard splinter. I travel the cosmere waging a silent against the forces that threaten to destroy everything in the cosmere. 

I was born in the early days of the cosmere prior to the shattering of Adalnasium. I am a singular entity who arose from the permeation of magics that emanated from the existence of Adalnasium. I have no finite form my only limit is what I can imagine. In my early years I watched and learned how to harness the vast magics at my command. I have traveled to places where no mortal soul has ever even dreamed of entering. I am not bound by the rules of time I do not age and as such I have no worries such as those of mortal beings.  I have witnessed the destruction of countless worlds. The things that I have learned could fill realms. I have forgotten more than most worlds will ever know.

I have few allies in this secret war. Even with my vast knowledge and powers I lack the ability to protect existence by myself. I seek here compatriots, and allies with whom I can make a difference and protect those who need protection. I seek to right the wrongs of all worlds and here I know this goal can be fulfilled. Now is the the time for me to step from the shadows and act.  

I have come to Roshar because I know that I can no longer keep fighting a hidden war. This is the new front and I am ready to fight for the survival of this world and every other. I pledge my loyalty, knowledge, and powers to you and vow to never stop fighting until Roshar is freed from the darkness which attempts to destroy everything in all realms.

Forever yours,

Nathrangking

9 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Dear Surgefinders,

I am Nathrangking a mysterious and powerful entity from the spiritual realm. I command powerful magics which makes me more powerful than any shard splinter. I travel the cosmere waging a silent against the forces that threaten to destroy everything in the cosmere. 

I was born in the early days of the cosmere prior to the shattering of Adalnasium. I am a singular entity who arose from the permeation of magics that emanated from the existence of Adalnasium. I have no finite form my only limit is what I can imagine. In my early years I watched and learned how to harness the vast magics at my command. I have traveled to places where no mortal soul has ever even dreamed of entering. I am not bound by the rules of time I do not age and as such I have no worries such as those of mortal beings.  I have witnessed the destruction of countless worlds. The things that I have learned could fill realms. I have forgotten more than most worlds will ever know.

I have few allies in this secret war. Even with my vast knowledge and powers I lack the ability to protect existence by myself. I seek here compatriots, and allies with whom I can make a difference and protect those who need protection. I seek to right the wrongs of all worlds and here I know this goal can be fulfilled. Now is the the time for me to step from the shadows and act.  

I have come to Roshar because I know that I can no longer keep fighting a hidden war. This is the new front and I am ready to fight for the survival of this world and every other. I pledge my loyalty, knowledge, and powers to you and vow to never stop fighting until Roshar is freed from the darkness which attempts to destroy everything in all realms.

Forever yours,

Nathrangking

Welcome to the surgefinders Nathranking!

16 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Dear Surgefinders,

Forever yours,

Nathrangking

*applause* 

Welcome to the Surgefinders Alliance!!!

@Tesh will add you into the PMs. New members are far and few in between so we can always use more people!