Do you have an imaginary person in the Cosmere who you turn into when you're bored?

Tesh

Okay. Pretty self explanatory title. Warning you, things are going to get weird. And please do not say anything about none of my stuff down there making sence. (I can't spell).

Example: When I am bored, I go into the Cosmere. I am a girl of 22 who is really tall and skinny with bright green eyes. Name of Teshani, but prefers Tesh. Red hair, freckles, yah. When I was a girl, aged 8, I ran away. I had rich ligteyed merchants as parents, and i hated my life, blah blah blah. They never found me, and Dalinar took me in, I mean, young lighteyed girl of eight, 4th dahn, obvious target. So yah. I grew up sneaking out to practice with a spear and sword with Adolin, more blahs. When I was 16 I went to the Shattered plains with everyone else. I had always been a tomboy. So, I begged Dalinar to let me fight, he said no, obviously. So the next four years were spent trying to sneak out on a plateau run and practicing. Never worked. Well, except for this one time, but that's a story for another time. But when I was 20, I finally convinced Dalinar to give me a role in the camp as long as I didn't go on any runs. Sub-squad leader. And when Sadeas betrayed Dalinar, I was in the war camp. So I lived, and when I came back one day I had a captain again. Kaladin. Well, that was a quick summary. But I left out one important thing. I am a surgebinder, a windrunner. I had learned of my abilitys shortly after arriving at the SP and I could control them fairly well. I had gotten my shardblade at about 21, and I have a spren named Ani, an honorspren. Ah-ni (Just so you all know, all windrunners have honorspren for their spren). 

Tesh is also a Mistborn. Yes, none of this makes any since (As most of you know, I can't spell) but it's fun to think about. And Ani is always with her (same with her shardblade) no matter where she is. But up there is here story in Roshar as that is where she grew up even though she has a life in the other places. Maybe I'll do her story in Mistborn later.

Spoiler

I now have more information down farther in a letter I wrote to @Shadows4Silence.

So yah, I have given this a lot of thought, and am I all alone, or is there someone else who has a person in the Cosmere who they become when they are bored? :ph34r:

Edited by Tesh

Not in the Cosmere but I've done this before for Harry Potter and Children of the Red King. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't done this for any of the Cosmere worlds.

May I point out that lifespren don't provide Surgebinding? Sorry. :unsure:

You are not alone in this. My character is actually the one I act out as on the shard. Carola Davar. She came purely from certain ideas from Stormlight archive. I become her sometimes when I feel like I really need the stormlight:D

I don't necessarily have any characters I pretend to be from the Cosmere, but that's mainly just because I haven't really had time to make them yet. I do pretend to be characters from tons of other books, TV shows, movies, etc. And my brother and I like to mess around and play these "games," which are just us role-playing, and we have one set in the Reckoners universe.

3 hours ago, Smart Sloth said:

@CarolaDavar Then she and Tesh would technically be sisters. And StrikerEZ, me and my friend do the same thing for the Cosmere, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and we sometimes make up our own... things, I guess.

Oh yeah, we make up our own things all the time. Usually, we do it when we're bored and just come up with random stuff on the fly, but sometimes we keep playing it for days, weeks, months, and even years. Several of my book ideas started because of these roleplays we would do. Of course, they've changed a lot from their original versions, but they're still inspired by those original roleplays.

Same! And we've been doing it as long as we have known each other, which is five years. She was actually just over here and we were doing Elantris.

Edited by Smart Sloth

On 6/2/2017 at 4:35 PM, Smart Sloth said:

@CarolaDavar Then she and Tesh would technically be sisters. And StrikerEZ, me and my friend do the same thing for the Cosmere, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and we sometimes make up our own... things, I guess.

Oh yeah. I did that with my friends with My little pony, Percy Jackson, and a ton of other books and movies/TV shows. It is so fun

@CarolaDavar And you and @Kaladinwillumarryme? as well. She is Celia Davar. And we have been doing that together for almost five years. Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Fablehaven, and now the Cosmere books. We even make up our own things sometimes. I am glad we are not alone. As is she. (She was really surprised when she saw this).

• 3 weeks later...

@Tesh Kholin I saw this in one of your most recent posts and wondered what I world be. So I got thinking...

My name is Mathis, and I was born on Scadrial as a Steel Mistling. I became a Worldhopper when I first met Nazh, who introduced me to the 17th Shard. Nazh and I became great friends, and he was the one that first introduced me into the greater world and the Cosmere.

However, I wasn't as interested with the 17th Shard's extensive work on keeping the Shards apart and their even bigger research, so I abandoned them. I took the knowledge that I gained and wanted to find as much artifacts from the other Shards and hold them for myself. 

I first went to Nalthis and achieved the 5th Heightening and Agelessness. It was annoying trying to find enough Breaths with Vasher and his Damnation sword stealing breaths from those with their high breath count. I vowed that was one artifact that I would not want to lay my hands on...

I returned to Scadrial after Sazed fixed the Shard and searched for the Lord Ruler's Palace. I didn't want find the Well, and there wasn't any use of it because of Vin. I did however follow shortly after Wax found the entrance to the cave where the palace lay, hoping I could find any Larsium, but to no avail. So I went to plan B.

I followed Wax a bit longer, hoping to find the Kandra he was hunting. After he killed her, I took her Steel bands and ran. I already knew of Nicrosil, thanks to the 17th Shard. After I got my hands on some from the Southern Scadrians, I fused it into the swollen bands. These I one placed on each arm, granting me extreme speed with my compounded steel Allomancy, allowing unparalleled speed. From my sources, I've concluded it's like using Bendalloy without the restriction of the speed bubble.

But I didn't know that I was stealing from Wax's love... Sorry Wax...

After that long hunt on Scadrial, I then Worldhopped to Roshar, where I'm currently trying to become a Radiant, but it's Storming hard. I did manage to take the other Honorblade for the time being (the other one Szeth and King Taravanast were speaking of in Jah Keved). But once I do figure out how to become a Radiant, fingers crossed I'll be a Windrunner, I'll probably remain on Roshar, as taking a Spren off world is extremely tricky.

Besides I've got everything I wanted here... Except the Everstorm. I might begin to make my way to Urithiru. @Tesh Kholin , we should meet up there!

Your humble servant...

Spoiler

Shadows4Silence

Mathis

Edited by Shadows4Silence

@Shadows4Silence Well, we might be able to meet up for a short time. A few days after we reach Urithiru I will begin making my way to Sel. There is something I have been meaning to tell Raoden...

But I will come back shortly. My father has given me the task of finding other Radiants on Roshar. And, if I get very hungry for danger, I'll go to Nathis and try to keep

Spoiler

Nightblood

From getting to Roshar.

Spoiler

Someone has to try.

Spoiler

But it doesn't work.

But after that, I'll take a break in Scadrial, then head back to Roshar to continue my task. 

Spoiler

Kolos or Nightblood?

Then I'll see where the next couple of years take me. Maybe convince my father to let me fight the voidbringers. 

Spoiler

Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm not able to fight!

By the way, for a meeting, how's noon on the day after the Everstorm next passes on the top of Urithiru? I'm rather fond of heights.

Sincerely,

Teshani Kholin

P.S. What do you want from Roshar? I might be able to help you.

Edited by Tesh Kholin

@Tesh Kholin I wouldn't mind meeting you there. I got to find the Oathgate in Shinovar first. I'm not going to be Nohadon and walk all the way to Urithru... But I do wonder, if you're already a Radiant, how are you going to get your spren to other Shards? If you know how, we can speak of that further when I meet you at Urithiru. I also wouldn't mind meeting Carols Davar too as you two seen to be friends. 

And for what I need on Roshar... That's something that I'm hoping to catch. What I'm looking for has been pretty erratic lately, but I hope I can find it...

Your humble servant...

Spoiler

Shadows4Silence

Mathis

P.S. If you do happen to go to Scadrial, say hi to Moash for me. He still owes me two steel Hemelurgic spikes for righting that book for him...

Spoiler

Dear fidiot,

This is my latest report from the newest world I've arrived in. As per the instructions, I will recount the events from the beginning of this mission, though briefly.

After 'evol' trapped 'gud' in the bubble and escaped our world, I gave chase. He took residence in a neighbouring universe and used his posession ability to take over someone called sauron, which the locals soon defeated with my aid in the form of a local flying eagle.

Before I could capture him, he was on his way to the next world and became a noseless man and preyed on some kids at a magical school. After deafeating him, he escaped again.

Now he has taken over someone kown as odium and is passing wind on a planet. Im making a move to capture him soon.

Yours sincerely,

Pauleece,

Interstellar multiverse guardians.

Jokes aside.

I'm a Reshi male, working as a mercenary in Sebarial's army. Don't know how we survived that stormy night on the shattered plains, but we got away with our lives and now reside in the Urithiru.

But don't know how long it will be before the next fight. Plus, this weird spren that started following me and trying to get me to speak back to it is annoying. Maybe I'm imagining things. I could ask Lord Sebarial but it would be hard to get a meeting with him. My Mercenary commander wouldn't believe me. Oh well, lets wait it our for now. 

The storms havnt come back yet, if they even reach this high up. If the enemies do come, we got the radiants on our side. And I'm going punch that weird guy calling himself Mathis if he asks for that Tesh one more time. Surely he can see that the one he's talking about is Brightlady Davar. But his insistence on the description being of another person is idiotic at best.

Shall I talk back to the spren? Well, what harm could it do...

Tbc

Edited by Megasif

@Megasif I don't think that Tesh is Shallan by any means. However, if you do wish to slug me, it wouldn't be the first time anyone has tried.

They just always miss.

You should join us at the Tower. I'll buy drinks to commend your bravery @Megasif at the recent battle...

Your humble servant...

Spoiler

Shadows4Silence

Mathis

Spoiler

@Megasif I've always been fond of tall, freckly redheads. 

What type of spren is following you? I have been asked to investigate these rare occurrences by my father. I might need to talk to you in person. And get to know the spren. It's very important that you do. But name a time and place for us to meet within the next three weeks and I will be there. Unless you wish to meet at noon on the top of Urithiru the day after the Everstorm next passes.

May Honor be with you,

Teshani Kholin

@Shadows4Silence I am actually a friend of Shallan's. She doesn't understand my reasoning of only wearing a thin glove on my safehand. But the sleeve is SO STORMING INCONVENIENT! Especially if you're using a bow. Or engaged in any fight what so ever.

But that's beside the point. I have been conducting a huge reaserch project on the Cosmere and the magic systems in the Cosmere. After our meeting at Urithiru, would you join me to Sel where I wish to continue my research along with giving Raoden the message.

I also have reason to suspect a member of Sebarial's army is a Radiant. He might join us at our meeting. I also believe one of the members of my father's personal guard suspects me of being a worldhopper. In response to one of your questions, it is quite easy to take a spren with you when you are worldhopping. The spren just has to be willing to go with you. And if your spren comes, your shardblade comes.

May Honor be with you,

Teshani Kholin

Edited by Tesh Kholin

@Tesh Kholin As of currently, I do not have a spren in my possession. It could possibly be that I hold the second Honorblade, but I am keeping my eye out for any strange disturbances and will let you know if any updates...

I also wanted to ask, and please don't take this as too forthcoming, but are you and @CarolaDavar related or at least friends? Your previous spanreed seemed a little vague as if you might have known each other.

And lastly, on the topic as to your journey to Sel, I currently have no intentions of traveling there, as for what I'm looking for hasn't been there in a while. Thank you kindly for the offer though.

Your humble servant...

Spoiler

Shadows4Silence

Mathis

P.S. This supposed Radiant that you speak of in Sebarial's army... I don't know specifically how he would handle me...

@Shadows4Silence @CarolaDavar and I actually don't know each other personally. But we have a TON in common. Except for the fact that she can draw. I'm like Wayne in that matter.

But what is it you are looking for in Sel? I could keep a look out for it if you would like. And would the possible Radiant handle you with a punch to the face?

May a spren find you,

Teshani Kholin

@Tesh Kholin I am pretty sure that what I seek isn't in Sel at this time, although it has been before. I wouldn't bother looking, because my sources say that it might be on Roshar at the moment...

And I wouldn't want to punch Sebarial's radiant. In another message he said:

20 hours ago, Megasif said:

...And I'm going punch that weird guy calling himself Mathis if he asks for that Tesh one more time. Surely he can see that the one he's talking about is Brightlady Davar. But his insistence on the description being of another person is idiotic at best...

...I feel as he wants to punch me!

Which he'll miss. Just use some of my stored Feruchemist steel, compounded with my mistling steel, and nothing can hit me. ;D 

Perhaps if @Megasif gets drunk when I buy him a drink he'll think twice on a quarrel...

Your humble servant...

Spoiler

Shadows4Silence

Mathis

@Shadows4Silence Would you mind telling the possible Radiant that I am on no accounts Shallan? Yes, I have some Horneater blood, but am mostly Alethi. And I can't draw to save my life. But we did meet at that meeting when she first came to the Shattered Plains and we have become friends. 

And about the possible Radiant, I have invited him to our meeting. Shallan may also come.

May an Honorblade come to you,

Tesh Kholin

@Tesh Kholin ok, will do...

HEY @Megasif !

5 minutes ago, Tesh Kholin said:

I am on no accounts Shallan? Yes, I have some Horneater blood, but am mostly Alethi. And I can't draw to save my life. But we did meet at that meeting when she first came to the Shattered Plains and we have become friends. 

And about the possible Radiant, I have invited him to our meeting...

Tesh Kholin

TOLD YA!

Anyway, I do look forward to our meeting. However, I do have an Honorblade at the moment, although I am looking for a spren now as we speak.

Until Urithiru.

Your humble servant...

Spoiler

Shadows4Silence

Mathis

@Megasif I just have one question to ask you. Would you mind making sure your spren comes to the meeting?

@Shadows4Silence Where are you at the moment? I don't know if span reeds work off of Roshar. But the stormwardens are saying the the Everstorm will pass again tomorrow.

I look forward to seeing you,

Tesh Kholin

@Tesh Kholin as of currently, I think I am somewhere in the mountains on the way to Urithiru. This Honorblade is taking some getting used to, and the amount of Stormlight required is quite extensive. But I should be there shortly. I hope...

Your humble servant...

Spoiler

Shadows4Silence

Mathis

@Shadows4Silence @Tesh Kholin

Unknown soldier,

Inner thoughts:

Looks like that Mathis guy is quite dangerous. I felt an almost other-wordly vibe off of him in our most recent meeting with him when he confirmed Shallan and Tesh are different people. I'll have to suppress my mercenary tendencies, and not show any kind of violence towards him. I think it will be worse for me if I tried. Almighty only knows what skills he's hiding. What if he's an undercover radiant.

And I wouldn't have believed his story about Tesh if I hadn't recently met her. They are definitely similar in appearance but you can tell the difference once you have seen them both. Oh well. She seems nice enough. She did Invite me to a meeting and said the drinks were on Mathis, once he gets here. Apparently he's on his way to Urithiru now. (then what have I been meeting these few times in his form!?) 

She was interested in my stalker spren and mentioned that I bring him along. Not like I could tell him to not come. The thing follows me everywhere. Wriggling along on the ground. Mostly making random noises but sometimes saying stuff about oaths.(who cares about Oaths, I need money off sebarial). I wonder why its in the shape it is. Its like a fusion of a few different flowers. Somtimes similar to a rose, an amaryllis or even an anemone sometimes. Weird.

For now, I'll wait on Lady Tesh on the location and time of the meeting. (What's the meeting about again?)

Edited by Megasif