Book Haven

Dragon314

Guys, I had a lightbulb.

So the main problem with getting published is finding a publisher, right? Some opt to go the route of self-publishing, but they are rarely successful because few people find their stuff. So my plan, which involves you, brilliant shard writers, is to create a site where we can publish our books. 

However, as a new website idea I have a new idea coupled with it; write stories in episodic format. Each "episode" will be 5000-12000 words. Each is sufficient as just a story and is part of something larger too. For example, take the Cosmere. One can read each novel as an independent novel, but they are all interconnected. Basically, it will be a series of short stories. 

My goal is to help struggling authors get their work read by a wider audience. I think the bare minimum we would need to go in is 10 writers.

So being the person that I am, I had this idea and made a very basic website and added an example of a short story of my own. 

https://alexjudd8.wixsite.com/bookhaven 

I'm willing to develop and manage the site, but I need a few commitments first. So, what do you think of the idea? (Please be gentle.)

i haven't. brb

edit: okay. So it is similar yet different

it is different because 

I will filter what gets thrown out there. I don't want it to be a confusing free for all. I really like the idea of a "netflix" for books. Wattpad doesn't have the  serial style of production. I just see my way as less confusing.

Edited by Dragon314
add. info

2 hours ago, Dragon314 said:

i haven't. brb

edit: okay. So it is similar yet different

it is different because 

I will filter what gets thrown out there. I don't want it to be a confusing free for all. I really like the idea of a "netflix" for books. Wattpad doesn't have the  serial style of production. I just see my way as less confusing.

Ok, thats fair. I think it is a good idea. I would definetly read there

That sounds like a brilliant idea. I'm really young, but I am really good at writing fiction. Short, mind. I would really like to do that. And I have a really good idea I need to find time to put on paper... :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...