What is Ralkalest?

King Cole

Question

Ok, i was reading through the Wobs from Reddit and i found this one 

Q: Are there non-Invested (or at least not heavily Invested) objects that cannot be cut by Shardblades, or that offer more resistance than what we see in The Stormlight Archive?

A: You're unlikely to find anything without high investiture that can resist a Shardblade. By definition, to stop one, you're going to need something with a powerful spiritual component to it. Q: Would Ralkalest (the unforgeable metal) be at all resistant to a sharblade given its proven resistance to other forms of investiture?

A: That's a RAFO, but is a question you should be asking.

Can anyone explain what Ralkalest the unforgable metal is? I have never heard of it before

6 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Chinsukolo said:

To split hairs a little, I think it's Bauxite. Because they refer to it as a stone, so that would make it Aluminum ore as opposed to refined metal.

Unnecessary hair splitting, as they also have Ralkalest Grates and a thin plate in the walls of cells for Forgers, so Ralkalest is definitely referred to as a metal as well. Iron Ore on Scadrial should still be called Iron, for example.
I see your point though

16 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Unnecessary hair splitting, as they also have Ralkalest Grates and a thin plate in the walls of cells for Forgers, so Ralkalest is definitely referred to as a metal as well. Iron Ore on Scadrial should still be called Iron, for example.
I see your point though

Fair points, I forgot about the Grate.