Featured Forum Members 2

Silverblade5

Ok I'm just going to do this. 

Provide a picture (if you are comfortable with that). 

2. Provide your real name (if you are comfortable with that).

My name is Erik. 

3. Which book is your favorite and why?

WoR. It does something no other book has ever done for me. It blends Worldbuilding, character depth, magic, story, and genius into something amazing. I'm hoping Oathbringer will take its place. 

4. What have been your main contributions to the community? What are you known for?

Killing Sel with a shardshovel, speedy forum posts, occasionally good RP. I would also hope I'm known for the 3 sheets of paper model of Realmatics, which is how I explain realmatics in very simple terms. Maybe I'm also known for being a Comics fan? At that point I'm not sure what people think of when they think of me. 

5. What made you join the forum?

I stumbled upon it accidentally, i think I found it when I was trying to learn about what Brandon's other books were. I remember one of the first things I saw was something about Nightblood. I promptly joined to learn more, and discovered just how great this community is. 

6. How many hours do you spend on the shard on a given day?

At least 3 hours. Probably more when I have time. 

7. Describe your fondest Forum experience.

Hmm. This is hard. There are times when things make me laugh out loud, such as the recent Toilet Paper Incident. But my most rewarding experiences are when I come up with an idea and people say "That's a good idea!" The 3 sheets of paper one is the one I think has gotten the most support, besides its simplicity.  I also love the Sanderson Elimination community, and have had some hilarious times with that. 

8. What is one thing that Brandon does really well?

What doesn't he do well? He makes amazing books that have trumped the thousands of books I have read in my lifetime. His fanbase is amazing, he's a great guy. One thing I do need to point out is just how real his characters feel. They're some of the best characters I've ever read. That in combination with everything else he does just makes him amazing, especially as he's so CONSISTENT. Some authors are only good occasionally. Not Brandon. 

9. What is one thing that he could work on?

Finishing the cosmere. I sometimes worry that the guy won't finish. He gets distracted sometimes, and if he didn't finish... I would be crushed. 

10. Which fictional character is the best representation of yourself?

I don't know that there is one. Maybe Sheldon? As in just being a complete nerd. I fully embrace my Nerdiness. 

11. Any additional comments, whether it be about your life outside of the forum, favorite food, your website, or...anything!

I love nutella, cheezits, guacamole, bacon, and spicy cheese. Im an origami guru, when I do it. I'm a full musician, on piano, trombone, and singing. I'm LDS, and in my Senior year of high school. I plan on going into genetics and molecular biology. I have strong working knowledge of everything nerdy, as well as Quantum Physics, chemistry, astronomy. Geology, biology, ect. My greatest goal in life is to find love, and to help people through genetics. Also, check out my universe in my signature. It's something I've worked on since I was 7. 

And I think that's pretty much me. 

Screenshot_2017-10-22-12-56-15-1.png

Edited by Steeldancer

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Darkness_ said:

Do you have a chin fetish by the way?

As a man who cannot grow an acceptable one, they fascinate me. I want a ten foot beard that I can snuggle into at night. I mean my girlfriend would immediately leave me but oh the comfort. 

But mainly, I'm in a colorful mood ?-)

K.

As I am a very private beardspren I have given this honor to the human I am currently bonded to. He has graciously accepted.

Come in and know me better man!

Provide a picture (if you are comfortable with that). 

See attached.

2. Provide your real name (if you are comfortable with that).

Justin

3. Which book is your favorite and why?

Ah now this is tricky and it has changed slightly over the past year or so. If you're talking Sanderson, then my favorite strangely enough is Warbreaker. I find the themes, story, characters, and magic system just really struck a chord with me. Stormlight Archive is a very close second, but since they're closely related I guess I can lump it in. Favorite non-Sanderson book? The Beloved Disciple by Vernard Eller.

4. What have been your main contributions to the community? What are you known for?

Allowing my beardspren to make snarky comments that make people smile and/or die a little inside.

5. What made you join the forum?

I first joined in the beginning of 2016. I was starting to see the Cosmere connections in everything and was looking up info on some of the characters and ran across the Coppermind wiki, which led me here. I lurked for quite a while before joining actually. I was lured in by the promise of cookies.

6. How many hours do you spend on the shard on a given day?

Oh man, I usually have it open in a tab while at work, but only check it every so often. I'd say anywhere between 2 and 5 hours a day? I mean come on, there are so many posts it's really hard to take in all the threads and info if you don't spend at least that much time. There's still lots of stuff I've never read as well.

7. Describe your fondest Forum experience.

I'd have to say experiencing the random surprise and wonderment when Secret History was announced/released. Being able to get such giant pieces of info and talk about them with people who know everything that's going on and can theorize about it was really special.

That and getting to know such excellent and wonderful hobbits...er humans.

8. What is one thing that Brandon does really well?

Endings. I have only been let down (relatively) ONE time by an ending Brandon has written. He has a great talent for laying out a bunch of pieces and masterfully weaving them all together into a cohesive narrative climax that hits you right in the feels.

9. What is one thing that he could work on?

Time travel and/or cloning technology. I want faster Cosmere release storm it. ^_^

10. Which fictional character is the best representation of yourself?

That's a very difficult question. I would probably say Faramir. From the books, not the movies.

11. Any additional comments, whether it be about your life outside of the forum, favorite food, your website, or...anything!

Well I'm one of the older (not oldest) forum members at 37. In my past I was a completely different person and was brought out of addiction and a life of self destruction so if anyone ever needs to talk about that stuff I'm more than willing to listen. I've been married for 10 years and have three kids: Eliana (7), Job (4), and Abram (2). I've been a musician and artist my whole life, but have fallen out of practice with drawing/painting and have been feeling like I should at some point pick it back up again. I live in California's Central Valley, I'm a follower of Jesus, I like talking theology and philosophy (but not really typing it out for some reason I find that exhausting). Favorite food? Pizza. If you were a child of the 80's and early 90's and your favorite food isn't pizza I don't know why.

That's pretty much the overview of me and who I am. Good to meet you all. :)

IMG_20171106_205832057.jpg

Edited by The Invested Beard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...