Aonic names

kenod

Question

What makes a name an aonic name? I know that it has to have an aon in it somewhere, but are there other requirements? For example, we know Aon Reo exists, so would Oreo be a valid aonic name?

5 answers to this question

I mean... It's ultimately a cultural thing.It's an Aonic name if it contains an Aon and is used by someone from an aonic culture.

Just like an Irish name is a name originating from Ireland.

Oreo COULD be an aonic name. Though, it would be pronounced something like "o-REE-OH" not "OHR-ee-oh".

I may be incorrect, but it may be a syllable thing as well.  As far as I can remember, each name consisted of two syllables, of which one was an Aon.  RAO-den.  Sar-ENE. KI-ln.  As long as there was at least one Aon somewhere in the core of the name, it becomes Aonic. 

28 minutes ago, Stark said:

I may be incorrect, but it may be a syllable thing as well.  As far as I can remember, each name consisted of two syllables, of which one was an Aon.  RAO-den.  Sar-ENE. KI-ln.  As long as there was at least one Aon somewhere in the core of the name, it becomes Aonic. 

As much as I want to agree with you, because I hate the pronunciation of the alternative, I believe the Aons themselves are two syllables. 

On 5/24/2017 at 10:00 AM, jofwu said:

I mean... It's ultimately a cultural thing.It's an Aonic name if it contains an Aon and is used by someone from an aonic culture.

Just like an Irish name is a name originating from Ireland.

Oreo COULD be an aonic name. Though, it would be pronounced something like "o-REE-OH" not "OHR-ee-oh".

Now I'm thinking of the Oreos from Wreck-it Ralph (Oh-ree-oh. Oh-Reeee-oh. Oh-ree-oh. Oh-Reeee-oh. ).  That gag really worked in that movie...