If there was a lerasium medalion - or an unkeyed lerasium allomantic metalmind, would this make the wielder a Mistborn?

If the answer is yes.. Then we must ask.. Is this what Hoid did?

The most liked theory regarding "the element" in "hoids" letter is the bead of lerasium he pilfered..

Let me first assure you that the element is quite safe. I have found a good home for it. I protect its safety like I protect my own skin, you could say.

And this is the only lerasium bead left. Do we know if they will.. Grow back like atium? Or is that up to harmony maybe?

!~ HIF ~!

We don't know what lerasium does feruchemically but it's extremely unlikely that 'become a Mistborn' is the application. A lerasium medallion would let you store whatever a Feruchemist could store in the metal but it wouldn't let you tap into the Allomantic application of the metal, any more than an atium medallion (which would let you store age) would let you see the future.

One point worth mentioning as an aside is that as far as we know, there are actually two lerasium beads out there. Peter said there were at least twelve beads, nine for the original lerasium Mistborn, one for Rashek, one for Elend and the one Hoid took. At that time it wasn't known that Rashek used the Well to make himself a Mistborn rather than use lerasium so 'Rashek's bead' is still unaccounted for. And that's assuming there were only twelve as Peter's phrasing was 'at least one more' when getting to that figure of twelve.

2 lerasium beads! That changes everything!! Anyone want to bet theres a mistborn kandra trolling the cosmer? (Ok, im pretty sure kandra cant become allomancers but we're allowed to dream ;))

@Weltall I thought the medalions where created using a simmilar process as the BoM? Which included unkeyed allomancy.. Thats the part I was talking about.

An "unkeyed lerasium allomantic metalmind" was just some words i threw together to get the idea out.

But if im wrong and they arent the same than I shall rephrase:

If we had a pure lerasium version of the BoM with allomantic attributes would wielding it make you a mistborn?

!~ HIF ~!

Excluding the bands, every medallion we've seen uses Feruchemy only. There's holes in what we know about how those are made. There's a lot of debate about the little we do know. 

Add Allomancy into the mix and you might as well be guessing how the Cosmere ends. 

I see your point. Those damnation holes.. we should visit the aeflin or eaflin (WoT) amd damand these holes be filled!

34 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Excluding the bands, every medallion we've seen uses Feruchemy only. There's holes in what we know about how those are made. There's a lot of debate about the little we do know. 

Add Allomancy into the mix and you might as well be guessing how the Cosmere ends. 

Ok, ill bite.

The epilogue of the Cosmere will involve:

Hoid on a planet outside of the Cosmer

Walking into a book signing

A very interesting couple of hours later Hoid meets The Author and dramatically places a book down entitled "Cosmer's End"

Hoid: Well, thats not quite how it happened.

The Author: No. I dont think they would have listened..

Hoid: hmmph. So, its done then is it?

Hoid pulls a card out of his coat and slowely slides it towards The Author.

The Author picks up the card and reads. A smile cracks his face and he chuckles, than laughs..

Spoiler on the card! (Be warned, some things you cant unread)

Spoiler

R.A.F.O

P.s.Like all of my theories Ive invested in, it doesnt seem likely. Though this one gives me giggles ;) 

!~ HIF ~!

Edited by Hoids Imaginary Friend
Added post script

3 hours ago, Hoids Imaginary Friend said:

If there was a Lerasium medallion - or an unkeyed Lerasium Allomantic Metalmind, would this make the wielder a Mistborn?

Medallions appear to work by giving you the ability to use a power, which in Allomancy's case: lets you burn this metal. Granted by the Bands or not, users still need metal to burn for their Allomantic powers. By this line of reasoning, an A-Lerasium Medallion would do one of two things:

1. Give the user the ability to burn Lerasium to become Mistborn, which is entirely pointless as they could do that anyway
  2. Give the user the ability to burn Lerasium for its Allomantic Power, which is a complete unknown at this point in time
3 hours ago, Hoids Imaginary Friend said:

The most liked theory regarding "the element" in "Hoid's" letter is the bead of Lerasium he pilfered..

I am 87% certain that the "element" was confirmed to be the Lerasium Bead.

Edited by The One Who Connects
Edit: 1,300 Posts!

15 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

Medallions appear to work by giving you the ability to use a power, which in Allomancy's case: lets you burn this metal. Granted by the Bands or not, users still need metal to burn for their Allomantic powers. By this line of reasoning, an A-Lerasium Medallion would do one of two things:

1. Give the user the ability to burn Lerasium to become Mistborn, which is entirely pointless as they could do that anyway
  2. Give the user the ability to burn Lerasium for its Allomantic Power, which is a complete unknown at this point in time

I will also note I myself confirmed that Hoid does have unkeyed metalminds. So I guess it's not out of the question.

On 24/05/2017 at 10:51 AM, The One Who Connects said:

Thanks, I thought about this after I posted but as stated we still don't know much about Medallions and the such, soooo.... I still think this is a valid consideration :) though I agree we'll put it in the "out there" basket.

I was highly certain about the "element" as well but couldn't remember where I read this, so I presented it as a theory ;)

On 25/05/2017 at 2:19 AM, The Flash said:

I will also note I myself confirmed that Hoid does have unkeyed metalminds. So I guess it's not out of the question.

Now, isn't that something? Do you think maybe he has an unkeyed Lerasium metelmind? :wacko:

On a side note, someone told me on another post that the Allomancy attributes from the BoM act like Feruchemy / metalminds and need to be stored to use like the ferring powers.. Don't suppose you guys could confirm this for me?

If this is true it would not help this theory 'O mine. We would need a Mistborn or Lerasium Misting to store said attribute so it can be tapped.

Thanks for the replies guys, my imagination tends to get away from me sometimes :ph34r:

!~ HIF ~!

4 minutes ago, Hoids Imaginary Friend said:

Now, isn't that something? Do you think maybe he has an unkeyed Lerasium Metalmind?

The problem with this is that unless he made the unkeyed Metalmind himself, someone else would have to have Lerasium just lying around. None of the powers that we know he currently has affect Identity, so that would block him from making his Minds unkeyed. Lerasum isn't exactly common knowledge down in SoScad, so I feel like somebody would raise some questions if, for example: he hired them to make a medallion out of it.

30 minutes ago, Hoids Imaginary Friend said:

On a side note, someone told me on another post that the Allomancy attributes from the BoM act like Feruchemy / metalminds and need to be stored to use like the ferring powers.. Don't suppose you guys could confirm this for me?

TLDR version: We don't know. We aren't sure if the ability to use Allomancy and Feruchemy via medallions and the Bands constitutes a 'charge' that can be consumed over time or if it's an 'in or out' thing kind of like how copperminds work, where tapping the F-Nicrosil gives you access to whatever Allomantic/Feruchemical ability was stored in it and when you aren't using it, it returns to the metalmind without any depletion. But the Bands definitely don't directly contain the 'fuel' for Allomancy, as Marasi and Wax both had to down metal vials before they could perform Allomancy with the Bands.

That said, when it comes to the 'charge' question Wax has clearly given some thought to the issue of draining the Bands' Feruchemical reserves because he brings up the possibility of recharging them via compounding but he doesn't seem to have noticed or thought about any similar 'draining' sensation when it comes to using the Bands for Allomancy, so that might be evidence that you can't actually 'use up' abilities granted by Nicrosil once they've been created in the first place. It's definitely one of those 'we'll learn more later' things.

Err, I realize that I might have been answering two different questions there. I wasn't sure which exactly you were asking so sorry if that sounds barely coherent.

Edited by Weltall

@Weltall No, thats great! 

Nothing wrong with covering your bases. And I dont think I have the right to complain if you go slightly off topic. Im a bit of a cummuter in that regard. Im working on this guys, I swear!

Does make me wonder if we can reverse compound..

Allomancy to Feruchemy - create an allomantic metalmind..

!~ HIF ~!

14 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

The problem with this is that unless he made the unkeyed Metalmind himself, someone else would have to have Lerasium just lying around. None of the powers that we know he currently has affect Identity, so that would block him from making his Minds unkeyed. Lerasum isn't exactly common knowledge down in SoScad, so I feel like somebody would raise some questions if, for example: he hired them to make a medallion out of it.

What I think happened was he had early feruchemists make them for him, and he manipulates them to use his feruchemy so he doesn't have to go back and fill them back up again. So I assume he has an identity one. Otherwise that would be dang inconvenient for our man Hoid. 

9 hours ago, The Flash said:

What I think happened was he had early Feruchemists make them for him, and he manipulates them to use his Feruchemy so he doesn't have to go back and fill them back up again. So I assume he has an identity one. Otherwise that would be dang inconvenient for our man Hoid. 

Early Feruchemists?

On 5/26/2017 at 8:31 PM, john203 said:

@The One Who Connects, I think @The Flash means pre-final empire feruchemists. I think I remember seeing that the worldbringers knew quite a bit about feruchemy, but I can't source that.

Yes that's what I mean. It's likely the final empire feruchemists had lost knowledge of how to use certain things.

• Chaos locked this topic