Absolen was a strange man, and an even stranger guard. He didn't seem to fit in with any of the other guards, yet he managed to get to know all of them. Well, as well as someone would get to know any accomplice, for that matter.

Absolen stared out at the mists, in one of his moods when he decided he didn't want to be bothered. The mists didn't frighten him like they did most common men, but Absolen at least knew to be wary of the mists. He'd seen things in the mist and had learned how to survive in the mists, but he knew how dangerous they could be. Especially if there were allomancers involved. Of course, after what he'd been through, he'd never again be truly afraid of the mists. Not after Valora.

Night Zero - Shadows

The dark fell over the silent mansion like velvet, soft and suffocating. Within the walls, the members of House Conrad waited fitfully. Their master had just submitted the final payment of his debt to Venture that morning, and all waited with bated breath for the counterstroke. In Senn's study, a candle flickered fitfully.

------------------------------------------------

Night Zero has begun! It will end at midnight, Mountain Daylight Time, June 1st.

bla_1496210400.png

No metals are available for ordering tonight!

Player List:

1. Marv (Hemalurgic_Headshot)
  2. Barry Allen (The Flash)
  3. Jeff (Manukos) - short for Jeffonimo
  4. Lance (Ecthelion III) - The Second Nameless
  5. Booken (Paranoid King) - a victim of the "common word + en" method of naming
  6. Garshin (Yitzi2)
  7. Ribis (cloudjumper) - the bored second son of a noble from the Remote Dominance
  8. Stick McStick (_Stick_)
  9. Remart (Jondesu)
  10. Beet Asper (Ornstein) - an old timer who knows his stuff
  11. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - a scion of a well - respected noble house
  12. Absolen (StrikerEZ) - a skaa worker in the Conrad fields
  13. Jay (DroughtBringer) - a blind young man attempting to keep his blindness a secret
  14. Boris (Elenion) - a guard known for laziness and general apathy
  15. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian) - hoping to ascend to Ruin
  16. Mehir (Metacognition) - a mute and paranoid guard
  17. Cluny (Cluny the Scourge) - a man who believes he is a rat with a spearhead on his tail
  18. Valbar (TheMightyLopen) - who always gets ignored despite his large stature
  19. Mila (BrightnessRadiant) - a girl from the country
  20. Sorren Karidor (Dalinar Kholin) - an old guard who's been here longer than any of you whippersnappers
  21. Argyle (Sart) - a very clumsy man
Edited by Seonid

Woo, it started! I'm off to bed right now, but I may try and get some RP up tomorrow.

A few words of advice before I go though... Couriers, make sure to create your PM's for this Turn! Tineyes and Lurchers, it's kind of a shot in the dark to use your abilities this Turn, but since you can't get more vials right now, you could go for it(but it's your call of course :P). Captains, don't forget that you remove players vials when you detain them, so be careful! Everyone else, you're on your own. :P

Rules Clarification:

A Courier may not create a PM on their own. A Courier may use their night action to place an order for a PM between any two players with the GM. That PM will be created at rollover.

3 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Woo, it started! I'm off to bed right now, but I may try and get some RP up tomorrow.

A few words of advice before I go though... Couriers, make sure to create your PM's for this Turn! Tineyes and Lurchers, it's kind of a shot in the dark to use your abilities this Turn, but since you can't get more vials right now, you could go for it(but it's your call of course :P). Captains, don't forget that you remove players vials when you detain them, so be careful! Everyone else, you're on your own. :P

Mehir eyed the outspoken upstart with a slight grimace. It seemed to him that he was too involved with the knowledge of what the allomantic stores of what a Tineye or a Lurcher would have. 
Could it be that he already had contact with Allomancers within their ranks? 
"But, how?" He thought as a slight line of concern crested his forehead. 
A single eyebrow of his went up, which could only mean that he wondered whether Valbar already had information about what Allomancers were equipped with because he was placed here by the Ventures and knew the stores they were bringing in. 
His eyes narrowed as he knew Valbar would be a person worth watching.... 

Garshin gave him an evil glare, reminding him of his place as a new recruit to the barracks. 
Mehir raised his hands in self defense. After all, he hadn't actually spoken his suspicions out loud. 

He faded back into the barracks, where he could continue to watch. 

He knew something was going on. He just needed to figure out where! Didn't mean he'd give up on his suspicion of Valbar though.

My bad. Most of our games start on a Day and I missed that. Honestly this is one of the first games to start on a night turn other than the games I tend to run! :) 
Just didn't expect it. No worries. 

Though, as Mehir sat in the corner after being chastised, it did seem like Garshin was pretty quick to enforce the rules of the barracks. Almost as if he was waiting and watching for anyone to speak up. Perhaps because he was speaking to his Venture informants in the mean time?

1 minute ago, Metacognition said:

Garshin gave him an evil glare, reminding him of his place as a new recruit to the barracks. 
Mehir raised his hands in self defense. After all, he hadn't actually spoken his suspicions out loud. 

He faded back into the barracks, where he could continue to watch. 

He knew something was going on. He just needed to figure out where! Didn't mean he'd give up on his suspicion of Valbar though.

My bad. Most of our games start on a Day and I missed that. Honestly this is one of the first games to start on a night turn other than the games I tend to run! :) 
Just didn't expect it. No worries. 

Though, as Mehir sat in the corner after being chastised, it did seem like Garshin was pretty quick to enforce the rules of the barracks. Almost as if he was waiting and watching for anyone to speak up. Perhaps because he was speaking to his Venture informants in the mean time?

Barry raised an eyebrow. Mehir might actually be a little touched in the head. Paranoia central! 

(By the way: No character of mine, unless he is specifically intended to be a particularly hate-able villain, will ever "remind someone of his place as a newbie" or anything along those lines.  Mehir must have misinterpreted Garshin.)

Garshin went over to Balbar.  "You seem defensive about something.  Care to tell me what it is?"

(I'm gonna try some entirely first-person RP, which might read as just my normal posts. This is Remart speaking, though, not Jondesu. Just an experiment I might not keep up the whole game.)

It's late, folks, and I've had plenty of ale and roast pig (delicious, by the way). I suggest we all get some sleep and not worry about anything tonight. I guess you couriers will probably have to be hard at work sending messages and all, but I want my nice warm bed. 

If you must be up, just be sure not to make too much noise for those of us who aren't.

Just now, Jondesu said:

(I'm gonna try some entirely first-person RP, which might read as just my normal posts. This is Remart speaking, though, not Jondesu. Just an experiment I might not keep up the whole game.)

It's late, folks, and I've had plenty of ale and roast pig (delicious, by the way). I suggest we all get some sleep and not worry about anything tonight. I guess you couriers will probably have to be hard at work sending messages and all, but I want my nice warm bed. 

If you must be up, just be sure not to make too much noise for those of us who aren't.

*immediately starts screaming about seeing a mist wraith :P*

Absolen left his guard post, deciding it was time to get a good night's sleep. He surely hadn't had one of those in awhile....

He sighed as he heard what sounded like someone screaming. Idiots, he thought to himself, grumbling something about crazy guards.

Well, here we go. Hopefully I don't die right away. Also, I might be less inactive the first few days, as I'm still in school until Thursday, and I've got a mini band camp next week for a few days. After that, I'm free!

Edited by StrikerEZ

Marv had night watch. It seemed like he always had night watch. As he gazed out at the swirling mists, he rubbed the stone in his pocket. He hadn't spoken much to the other guards, but they were strange enough to warrant a little distance. Marv leaned on the poleaxe. He was just here for the money, a good job. It's the least a man can do to earn a living. He sighed and gazed at the stars. Four more hours of this...

27 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

(By the way: No character of mine, unless he is specifically intended to be a particularly hate-able villain, will ever "remind someone of his place as a newbie" or anything along those lines.  Mehir must have misinterpreted Garshin.)

Seriously? Is your character a time traveler from the future or not? Would they not be a bit more knowledgeable than those already in this time line or not? 
All I said was that you gave my character an evil glare. Nothing else. My character is new the barracks and wouldn't know who is and who isn't. A freakin' time traveler seems like they'd likely know more than the rest, yes? The rest was me building off of my own character being a new recruit. 
If you don't want me to play with your character, that's fine. I can do that. But me stating how my character reacts to yours is not me directing your character and if you want to react to the situation, then do so; don't just tell me how I should react. 
I suggest we take this to a PM with the GM rather than clutter up the thread if you have any other questions so we can clear up any inconsistencies. 

44 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Not worry about anything? Mehir's eyebrow definitely raised to it's definite, highest height at that. 

"We're guards!," He thought. "Our entire job is to worry about things!"

Now he had two people to keep an eye on and he couldn't direct one eye to one and another to the other. 

Strategically, he positioned himself into a corner on the other side of the room. A place where he could watch them both; as long as he didn't fall asleep. 

53 minutes ago, Metacognition said:

Seriously? Is your character a time traveler from the future or not? Would they not be a bit more knowledgeable than those already in this time line or not? 
All I said was that you gave my character an evil glare. Nothing else. My character is new the barracks and wouldn't know who is and who isn't. A freakin' time traveler seems like they'd likely know more than the rest, yes? The rest was me building off of my own character being a new recruit.
If you don't want me to play with your character, that's fine. I can do that. But me stating how my character reacts to yours is not me directing your character and if you want to react to the situation, then do so; don't just tell me how I should react. 
I suggest we take this to a PM with the GM rather than clutter up the thread if you have any other questions so we can clear up any inconsistencies.

Ok, since I see there was a lack of clarity.

Well, spike evil, but yes, I think so too.

As such, I hereby found the anti-spike legion, sounded on superstition and unfounded beliefs. Our mission is to destroy all spikes by throwing them into an ashmount. By doing so, we will prevent the end of the world.

Now, since ruin can change facts, we can't base our evidence off of fact. Therefore, Mehir clearly has a spike. Should he agree that he has a spike, we will know that the spike corrupted him and that he is lying. His name will be crossed off the list of spiked.

I would like to add Jeff to the list of spiked, given that he included a space before the comma. This is a clear sign of a spike, as the comma has drawn the "words", or "mists", away from it. Therefore, spiked.

I would add Barry as a spiked, given that he had a "?" followed by 2 "!", rather than writing a simple "!?!". He also is running around screaming, a clear sign of a spiked or soon-to-be-spiked.

However, as he is one of the founders of the anti-spike legion, he has leniency as long as he gives us the names of 2 other spiked. Those two shall be sentenced to death unless they reveal 2 themselves.

I'll close the meeting with the anti-spike motto.

We don't like spikes

Spikes are bad.

We don't like spikes

Throw them all into an ashmount.

Thank you for joining us today.

Public Service Announcement!

Some of you might have noticed Drake Marshall's name missing from the updated player list. This is because he had asked to get experience GM-ing.  As such, he is still joining us, but as a co - GM instead. I will be adding him to your GM PMs shortly.