Lounge II (The Lounge Strikes Back)

kais

FedEx and UPS are both more expensive than USPS from what I remember of my research, though I *think* UPS offers international tracking. EMS uses one of the others domestically, if I'm recalling correctly, and isn't really saving any money (especially if you don't live near one of their dropoff locations or are shipping lightweight things), but does ship like literally everywhere. 

15 hours ago, Robinski said:

Anyway, not the same scenario. I'll take some form of plunge. Must be wary of the Kickstarter deadline!!

@Robinski just thought of something that might work--if you want to do a "pledge without a reward" for the amount of whatever level you want, I can make sure you get those rewards, and figure out the shipping separately.

4 hours ago, Mandamon said:

@Robinski just thought of something that might work--if you want to do a "pledge without a reward" for the amount of whatever level you want, I can make sure you get those rewards, and figure out the shipping separately.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan. I'll go through the steps and see what comes up and if it's scary, I'll go with your suggestion. Totally prepared to wait for it. Anticipation, etc, etc.

Hey @Mandamon, I've clicked on a bit, the postage is 'only' 20 bucks, but it's the import duty that's the 'hidden' charge - and probably more than both. Let's go with your plan, and please remember, there is no urgency. Don't go incurring cost to yourself - you are a small business, as Brandon is always saying :) 

I just got a Kobo eReader, which allows you to read and annotate pdfs. One of my struggles with critiquing, aside from time, is that I spend so much time planted in front of this desktop computer; I'm gonna try critiquing on the e-reader and see how I like it. I'll let you all know how it goes!

@Vreeah, duly noted! If I ever make my way over there I'll give you a shout. And assuming Australia doesn't bankrupt me, there's always Dublin. ;)

Edited by Silk

I'm at a fungal conference and saw this shirt. Some of you may remember a scene from ATD in which a phallus fungus with a veil smacks the veil around in anger? Yes? Well, here you go. (the caption reads: here comes the bride)

IMG_2643.jpg

Congrats to the both of you!

Also, sorry I dropped off of the face of the earth for a few weeks, life got pretty hectic, but I'll be delivering critiques over the course of the next couple of days, and am still planning on contributing something sooner rather than later.

So, uhm, I'm leaving tomorrow. For Australia. For three months. *flail*

Also, I've been threatening to start a travel blog. (I already have one fantastic story about public transit in Utah. Fantastic now that it's over.) Anybody have any suggestions for a name?