Lounge II (The Lounge Strikes Back)

kais

2 hours ago, industrialistDragon said:

I usually take my busking bag to cons (bonus incentive for REcon? ;) ). Just don't ask me for any of those gigantic sculptures. I'm almost totally linework only. 

That was a very fancy way of saying yes, you make balloon animals and are awesome at it. :P 

6 hours ago, Eagle of the Forest Path said:

Meh, unicorns... you see one in the distance and get all excited, but in the end it just turns out to be a donkey with a plunger stuck to its head.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Hello all! I'm furiously packing and getting ready to leave tomorrow for the 2017 writing cruise! Then after that a brief tour of Germany, and on to WorldCon in Helsinki!

Really looking forward to this, but it's going to be a looooong trip. 

Anyway, all this to say I may or may not be around the forums for the next couple weeks, depending on internet connection. If I don't critique things, it's not because I don't care!

I just sent a new proposal to my nonfiction editor so...yeah. Time management -100. But, maybe another book baby! The nice thing about nonfiction is that you don't need a finished product to get a contract. Maybe I'll just set myself a three year timeframe for the book and not stress out.

(hah, yeah, right)

I've got a giveaway going on right now, if anyone is interested. Leave a review for AFD (the first book I ever subbed through here) on Amazon or Goodreads, let me know you did so, and you'll be entered into a drawing to win an enamel pin of the Pledge. Leave a review on both, get two entries! So, you know, if you've got a copy laying around and haven't read it yet, or remember enough from it being on here that you want to review, have at it!

(closes on Friday)

IMG_2019.jpg

I'm still alive, but no time to critique (for now). Had a great Writing Excuses cruise, went to Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, and St. Petersburg. Stayed a day in Munich and seeing Neuschwanstein, Hoenschwangau, and Liderhof castles! Here's a picture of Liderhof...

WorldCon on Wednesday!

Liderhof Small.jpg

Well hey, we've got two years, right? ;)

Speaking of travel, any you folks located in Utah by chance? I'm going to be there at the end of the month--busy, but might have a chance to do lunch or something if any of you are local.

I’m back from the WX cruise/WorldCon! It was really great, as usual, and met a lot new writers, many from Europe. I’ll put a blog post up about it in the next week or so.

I promise I'll get back to critiquing soon, but I also wanted to let everyone know that the Kickstarter for The Seeds of Dissolution is live! Yaaaay!

There are Early Bird levels that have limited backers, but are less expensive. Also, fair warning to overseas folks (ahem @Robinski) that international shipping is pretty nasty, but I’m going to look into some other options. There are also electronic-only rewards available!

Cover Pic Revised Small.jpg

Edited by Mandamon

18 hours ago, Mandamon said:

Also, fair warning to overseas folks (ahem @Robinski) that international shipping is pretty nasty

Yeah, I've been there before. I feel however, that the Symphony is calling me. What I suggest therefore is that I go in at that level and you keep my signed copy for me against the time when, finally, we meet :)  Would that work within the framework of this Kickstarter malarkey?

@Robinski it adds in the shipping automatically, so it will add that extra cost on whatever I do. I think I can finagle things after the kickstarter is over, though (?). I'll have to look into it.

Anyway, up to you! I'm also trying to find cheaper shipping options--I had someone from Australia already ask. 

7 hours ago, Mandamon said:

I had someone from Australia already ask. 

Wowser - that's neat. I'm wary after the time I bought a very neat NiN double CD/DVD with a 3rd disc which had Garageband files of all the tracks that you could remix. I recall the package being $50 and the import duty + postage being $75. Which you only discover when you get the bill on delivery :angry:

Anyway, not the same scenario. I'll take some form of plunge. Must be wary of the Kickstarter deadline!!

It's been my experience that shipping stuff INTO the States is much MUCH easier than shipping stuff OUT of it, unfortunately. I feel awful every time I have to give a shipping quote to someone for some collectible that's like "$5 for collectible + $22 shipping + whatever duties your country will apply AND I can't offer tracking because USPS doesn't do that for international orders (even though they can update OTHERS' tracking just fine, grumble)"