Lounge II (The Lounge Strikes Back)

kais

4 hours ago, Mandamon said:

like a current Earth space shuttle

For the super nerdy, it's an old Russian shuttle from the 70s. I'm planning on having all three ships made, one for each book. So ASD will have the Lucidity, and ATD will have a settee. 

REcon: Looks like 2019 Dublin is the winner! Start saving now!

Pitch contests coming up-- for those interested, there are two coming up very soon:
#SFFPit (just for science fiction and fantasy, so right up our alley)

#NLAPitch (specific to one agency, but looks fun!)

both have different posting guidelines and different ways to write your genre tag, so be sure to pay attention. I'm considering participating in one or both of them, if I can get TWD in shape in time. Anyone else coming?

On 10/06/2017 at 8:01 AM, Robinski said:

I think I will give it a go. Toe on the water, and all that. Although I'm hesitant about the amount of work that TMM needs.

Ah, the things is, SFFpit is clear about things being proofed and 'ready-to-go' - in effect. I'm just not there with TMM.

5 hours ago, Robinski said:

being proofed and 'ready-to-go'

I had that same problem the last time it rolled around. But I only needed 2-3 more weeks on Fruits, so I did it anyway, knowing it would take a while for favorited agents to get back to me.

9 hours ago, Robinski said:

about things being proofed and 'ready-to-go'

Yeah, all the Twitter contests are like that.  You need to be sub ready, with your query letter all shined up, too. But you still have a week! Get to edits!

Traveling this week, just sent editor second round edits on ASD, and she just sent me first round edits on ATD. Trying to tidy TWD for pitch contests next week. UUUGGGGHHHHHH.

5 hours ago, industrialistDragon said:

Oh you poor thing. :P 

No, no, I sympathize. Maybe because I am 4/5ths of the way through my own event marathon. Last weekend, travelled to Toronto to present my confernce paper, then travelled back to play an hour-long show for a local event. This weekend, performed a dance routine, then spent 12 hours yesterday driving to/from/playing big band music in a nearby city.

Just one solo performance left this upcoming weekend. Who thinks I can write new music by Saturday?

I have had a tough few days too, standing in a field in England listening to hard rock / metal bands and drinking beer :(

In other words, a weekend off (everything) :D 

Edited by Robinski

So uh, is everyone just late in submitting today, or am I out of whack? I just e-mailed my crit stuff for the week, but it's almost evening and no one else has...

Please tell me I'm not hallucinating the day.

Oh, I'm here. I'm just tuckered out from some Father's day dinner celebrations and bad work news this morning. Wanted to put some finishing touches on the chapter I'm submitting after I get home, but of course I'm also going to pick someone up from the airport after work, so it'll be on the late end of the spectrum.

I'm sure everyone else is also right around the corner. Probably holiday lag as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to do edits to ATD, so I've been amusing myself on Twitter. Some of Brandon's old comments on homosexuality are floating around again. Ugh. I know he's evolved somewhat on these stances, but yeowch to the early commentary. 

Hey--shameless self promotion: I'm going to be running a Kickstarter in August for Seeds of Dissolution, and I've started a Thunderclap campaign to help get the word out. I need to get 100 people to sign up before August 22nd. Anyone want to help out?

If you're not familiar, Thunderclap uses your social media (FB, Twitter, or Tumblr) to do a one-time post at the appointed time to reach a lot of people at once. It's legit, and not going to steal your information or anything.

Thanks!