Watch out for DHMO

Hello fellow Sharders,

I was browsing online and learnt about this new poison, so I thought I’d raise awareness for it here. It is known as DHMO. DHMO:

·         is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.

·         contributes to the "greenhouse effect".

·         may cause severe burns.

·         contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.

·         accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.

·         may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.

·         has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

·         as an industrial solvent and coolant.

·         in nuclear power plants.

·         in the production of styrofoam.

·         as a fire retardant.

·         in many forms of cruel animal research.

·         in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.

·         as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

dhmo = dihydrogen monoxide = water

Saw that one coming a mile off. Don't think you needed to include that last bit...
One of my friends went through a thing where she would tell people in a panicked voice that she had heard there was traces hydrogen monoxide in the water pipes, but I like this one.

It's an oldie, but a goodie. The pesticides, power plants, and tumors are my favorite parts. I usually see something like "You'd be hard-pressed to find a human being who doesn't have a severe physiological addiction to it; you can find it in all our food, and unexpected withdrawal is always fatal within a week." And something about how "All documented serial killers in the United States had ingested DHMO within a day before committing each of their murders."

I upvoted you, because I don't think you deserved that downvote.

Also, I'm not gonna lie. I fell for it. I didn't notice the thing at the bottom where you said it was water, but I should've realized when you said dihydrogen monoxide that it was water.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:07 PM, StrikerEZ said:

I upvoted you, because I don't think you deserved that downvote.

Also, I'm not gonna lie. I fell for it. I didn't notice the thing at the bottom where you said it was water, but I should've realized when you said dihydrogen monoxide that it was water.

The downvote was probably because it was originally in the wrong subforum.

• Chaos locked this topic