Wormy came up to Bracken with an invitation to Prisms party. He stared at it longingly. 

"Could partying be the meaning of life?" Asked wormy. 

Bracken gasped. This was something he had not considered. He summoned a pencil and sent a polite refusal to prism with Wormy. It was time to study out whether Satisfying Desire was the meaning of life. Certainly it required some thought... he felt bad about not going, but his work was SO important. He promised himself to go to one once he finished his work. 

Dusted Rose held the invitation to Prism's party in front of her, levitating the paper with her magic. "Ooh, maybe I can help cheer everypony up at this party! I will bring as many flowers as I can, to brighten everything up. Yes, this should be most excellent." The rose-coloured Unicorn gently folded the invitation and put it into her bag, before continuing to place flower after flower in the bag as well. She filled the bag so full, that some of the flowers fell behind her and left a floral trail as she made her way to the party.

I'm signing off for the day, but before I do so, there's some final comments I'd like to make:

1. Try to have the final lynch candidate lead by some margin, just in case.
  2. Pegasi, make sure to vote, even if it's just a throw away vote on someone not at risk of being lynched. This helps both the village as a whole, and you in particular, for the following reasons:
    1. If most pegasi vote, then any changeling pegasi trying to use their powers for evil will stand out more, helping us identify them.
    2. If you're a village pegasus, and you don't vote, and changeling pegasi use their power to hurt he village (forcing a tie, for example), chances are that you will come under suspicion.

(I hope to) See you guys next cycle!

@Ecthelion III @Conatus @Crimsn-Wolf welcome to the party! :P please feel free to mingle with anypony who arrives..i wont be on much for the rest of this cycle.

Prism was happy that other ponies had begun to arrive! She greeted each one as they entered. She asked them for their opinion on the painting, and then told them there was refreshments in the parlor. 

Her friend, Dusted Rose had been kind enough to bring a ton of lovely flowers to cheer everyone up. Prism hoped it would help.

Silver Wolf was kind enough to stand guard for her party. She wanted to make sure they wer safe from changlings during the meeting. She tried offering him some punch, but apparently he had brought his own drinks. She told him to help himself to the pies and pudding.

After a while of greeting guests, she noticed a piece of paper on the floor. Someone must have dropped it on their way in? She picked it up to see if she could find out who it belonged to. She gasped! What beautiful prose!

She heard hoof steps and looked up to see a white pegasus looking anxiously at the paper she was holding. She blushed bright red. He must have been the one who dropped this poem.

"I'm terribly sorry. Did you drop this on your way in?" She held it out to him. "I hope you won't mind if i say that it's quite beautiful." 

After some consideration I've decided to change my vote to Straw so we won't have a tie. I gotta go now! See y'all next cycle! pk

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Vote Tally:
HH (0): Jon
Jon (0): PK
PK (1): Jedal, Bridge, Brightness, Frozen
Brightness (2): PK, Drought, Straw
Straw (4): Rand, Ec3, Jon, Brightness

Twilight Star hid in the shadows waiting for an unsuspecting pony to walk by.

"Teehee"

Hours later

Twilight Star was still in the shadows but no longer waiting.

"zzzzzzzz"

Edited by Alvron

Crescent Thunder was very grateful he was already red.

"Er, um, yes, that was mine, er, did you really like it?" For someone who always chose his words carefully, he sounded like a blubbering idiot. "By the way, what's your name? And can you tell me where I could find a Prism?"

10 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

@Ecthelion III @Conatus @Crimsn-Wolf welcome to the party! :P please feel free to mingle with anypony who arrives..i wont be on much for the rest of this cycle.

Prism was happy that other ponies had begun to arrive! She greeted each one as they entered. She asked them for their opinion on the painting, and then told them there was refreshments in the parlor. 

Her friend, Dusted Rose had been kind enough to bring a ton of lovely flowers to cheer everyone up. Prism hoped it would help.

Silver Wolf was kind enough to stand guard for her party. She wanted to make sure they wer safe from changlings during the meeting. She tried offering him some punch, but apparently he had brought his own drinks. She told him to help himself to the pies and pudding.

After a while of greeting guests, she noticed a piece of paper on the floor. Someone must have dropped it on their way in? She picked it up to see if she could find out who it belonged to. She gasped! What beautiful prose!

She heard hoof steps and looked up to see a white pegasus looking anxiously at the paper she was holding. She blushed bright red. He must have been the one who dropped this poem.

"I'm terribly sorry. Did you drop this on your way in?" She held it out to him. "I hope you won't mind if i say that it's quite beautiful." 

Far away, Brackens head lifted. Was that... food he smelled? Could he possibly leave his work to join the party? Maybe he could find some proof for this book he was reading (which advocated that amazing food was the one true meaning of life). After all, what was the point of finding the meaning of life if he didn't bother to enjoy life? Goodness that first book kept coming back to haunt him. Certainly it was an important part of the Ultimate meaning of life...

So Bracken left his library, leaving Wormy in charge of the library. He knocked gently on the door, hoping that he would be let in anyway. He was hungry, anyway. It was time to eat! 

(This may or may not analog to real life right now lol)

Edited by The Flash

Silver Wolf chuckled softly too himself as he watched Prism blush at her own party as she handed the young pony the slip of paper. The party seemed strange just by itself. Everyone was smiling and laughing, almost as if they were ignoring the changeling issue for the time being. He took another drink of his soda, licking his lips.

Just have to say, I'm enjoying all the RP everybody. I've been giving likes to all the posts with RP that clearly had a lot of effort/humor/entertainment put into it, but I've run out of likes for the day. :(

Just now, Herowannabe said:

Just have to say, I'm enjoying all the RP everybody. I've been giving likes to all the posts with RP that clearly had a lot of effort/humor/entertainment put into it, but I've run out of likes for the day. :(

I noticed the likes coming in. I think we appreciate it, I know I sure do. Your RP was fantastic too! This coming from a guy who does not enjoy MLP. And I'm sitting here having all sorts of fun. 

3 minutes ago, The Flash said:

I noticed the likes coming in. I think we appreciate it, I know I sure do. Your RP was fantastic too! This coming from a guy who does not enjoy MLP. And I'm sitting here having all sorts of fun. 

I would give this a like, but I'm still out of likes... :rolleyes:

Why was he here?

Because Master demanded it.

Why, exactly had the Master demanded that he come to such a gathering of lesser beings?

To enlarge the ranks of Ruin.

And how would he do it?

By the gift of... cookies.

Ironpies shook his head for the thousandth time since he had wandered into the corner of the "party". The laughter, joy, happiness of it all nauseated him, but he had a mission. He held a cookie, baked with blood love, in his hoof. Embedded in it was a Hemalurgic spike Hersey's Kiss. He needed a victim lucky pony to give this pastry. Just who?

Hey I'm actually home a little earlier than I thought! Yay!

@Ecthelion III @The Flash @Conatus @Hemalurgic_Headshot

"Oh, didn't you know? I am Prism. I'm terribly sorry if I didn't make that clear when you first came in! And yes, your poem is truly a work of art! I could feel the emotion in the words. It was very moving." Prism smiled as he took the paper back, tucking it behind his wing. Hmm it's probably going to fall again. 

"Are you enjoying the party?"

She saw Silver Wolf in the corner smiling at their awkward conversation.

There was a tapping at the front door. "Oh my, could you excuse me?" She nodded to the pegasus, and went to open the door. There stood a unicorn with a questioning look on his face. Wasn't his name Bracken? "Hello, and welcome! Are you here for the party? I thought you sent a note that said you weren't coming? I'm so glad you changed your mind!" Prism opened wide the door to give him the green light to come in. "Please help yourself to the refreshments in the parlor." She lowered her voice, "Just be careful about the cookies Ironpies brought with him. They seem a little...spiky?" 

@Herowannabe I'm loving that everyone is adding so much to the RP too! 

And thanks to everyone for accepting my invites!

We should probably actually gather and have a meeting at our "planning" party. :P 

There are still a lot of ponies out there who haven't voted yet....any opinions, or thoughts? I know the first cycle doesn't have much to offer in the way of an informative lynch, but it's helpful to at least figure out everypony's point of views on the vote. So we can look back on this cycle once we catch an elim. :D The cycle is almost over.

Crescent Thunder folded the paper back up, highly embarrassed, and tucked it behind her wing, writing a name on the outside: Twilight Star. Hopefully it wouldn't reach any more unintended recipients.

Yet as the party progressed, there was still no sign of the pony he desperately wanted to meet. What was taking her so long? Had something happened to her?

@Alvron

Cycle 2: Eccentric Enchantress

The moon rose slowly over Ponyville, bringing with it Princess Luna. She alighted in the center of the town square, where a crowd herd of ponies had already gathered. Straw looked up at the Princess and wondered, Will she through their trickery? She’s a princess, surely she will be able to see the truth, won’t she?

All the other ponies in town were Changelings. Every last one of them, except for Straw of course. He had suspected it all along, but his suspicions were confirmed when several of them had tackled him, stuffed a gag in his mouth and trussed him up like a pig for market.

Princess Luna looked over the gathering of traitors, and spoke. “You have found somepony you suspect of being a Changeling?” Several ponies nodded, but none of them objected. Of course. “What evidence do you have?”

Good, she doesn’t believe them, Straw thought, until Jeeves trotted forward and presented the Princess with a list- several lists actually, each bundled up in a tight scroll and carefully arranged on a tray- that outlined all their reasons for suspecting Straw of being a Changeling.

Luna skimmed a few of the scrolls, then nodded. “Very well, we shall see if you are right. Follow me.”

She turned and started walking straight towards the Everfree forest. The forest was wild and frightening even by the light of day, but by night it was even worse, and everypony hesitated when they saw where Princess Luna was leading them.

backgrounds___everfree_forest___night_00

“Come!” Princess Luna called, looking back over her shoulder, and nervously the ponies began following after her, carrying Straw on their backs.

Oh great, Straw thought. They’re going to feed me to a cragadile or a manticore or something. Figures.

They walked through the dark forest by the light of the moon for some time, and though they heard the sounds of many wild creatures in the night, nothing troubled them. Eventually, they reached a creepy looking hut in the middle of the forest, with various baubles and potions hanging from its branches. Candlelight flickered through the windows, and a strange purple smoke drifted from the chimney. Princess Luna rapped her hoof softly on the door, and a moment later the door opened to reveal the zebra, Zecora.

Zecora_Home_S2E6.thumb.png.dc8a352521d9cb4471402694d5d9ad23.png

Twilight Sparkle had befriended Zecora some time ago, and many ponies were starting to trust her as well, but a great many others were still wary of the strange zebra.

Upon seeing Luna, Zecora said,

“Greetings, Princess of the night,

Come inside into the light.

I have been toiling all day for you,

Mixing up this special brew.”

Luna gestured for the ponies carrying Straw to follow, and together they entered the small hut. The other ponies gathered around, trying to get a peek through the doorway and windows.

“Will this brew of yours work the way we want it to?” Luna asked.

Zecora replied,

“The Elixir of Secrets will do the trick,

Though I warn you to not be too quick.

A pony who drinks soon will see

Her secrets revealed to you and me,

But a side-effect awaits those who take:

They shall fall asleep and shall not wake

Until all the traitors are revealed,

And not a one remains concealed.”

Zecora_Powder_S2e10.thumb.png.906a5c439af9a1fdcd815223479a8171.png

Luna nodded gravely. “It will have to do.” Turning to the other ponies she added, “Fear not, little ponies, for I will guard the dreams of any innocent pony who drinks the Elixir of Secrets. Do you still wish to submit the unicorn Straw to this test?”

The ponies glanced at each other, and then nodded.

Straw sighed through the gag. Well at least this is better than getting eaten by a manticore. Probably.

Zecora scooped a cupful of the purple elixir from her cauldron as the ponies removed Straw’s gag. He tried to cry out but they poured the purple liquid into his mouth and he spluttered and swallowed some of it. His eyes rolled back into his head and he blacked out.

Next to Straw the boiling cauldron became agitated, swirling about and belching up a large cloud of purple smoke. The smoke spun and danced and formed into an image- It looked just like Straw, and it glowed with a pure silver light.

The ponies watching glanced at each other, and Princess Luna hung her head. Apparently this meant that Straw had not been a changeling after all. Before anyone could speak though the smoke danced and spun again before reforming itself into a glowing image of a red crystal in the shape of a lightning bolt.

Everypony gasped. It was an image of the Element of Loyalty. With a flash of light the cloud puffed away. The cauldron was now empty.

Zecora shook her head sadly, then recited.

“A terrible mistake has here been made,

And a terrible price has now been paid.

It will take time to mix another brew,

Come back on the morrow to try anew.”

Princess Luna departed shortly thereafter, taking Straw’s unconscious body to the Royal Castle to lay beside Princess Celestia, and the rest of the ponies somberly made their way back to Ponyville.

Not everypony had gone with Princess Luna into the everfree forest, some had stayed behind. Hidden Antler was one of those. He hadn’t wanted any part of the accusations being tossed about, so he had stayed to the side, quietly crafting a bundle of rubber tipped arrows. It was soothing work, and he quickly became lost in it.

Some time later he was interrupted by a small purple filly. “Watcha doin’?” she asked.

Hidden Antler blinked, looking up at her. “I’m fletching- er… I’m making arrows. You use a bow to shoot them.” He gestured to the strung bow sitting to the side. By Tirek’s nose ring, is it nighttime already? Shouldn’t this little filly be in bed by now?

And the filly wasn’t alone. Several other young foals surrounded Hidden Antler, looking at him curiously.

“Wow,” the filly said. “That sounds useful. Especially with the coming war against the Changelings.”

“Uh, yes, now where are your parents? Wait, what!? Who said anything about a war with the Changelings?” The fillies and colts were edging nearer, the curious looks on their faces slowly giving way to malicious smiles. One by one the foals’ eyes flashed with a green light. Uh oh…

In the morning, nopony could find Hidden Antler, only a bundle of half-finished arrows where he had been working.

Straw was lynched! He was a Village Pony with the Element of Loyalty!
A Joe in the Bush was kidnapped! He was a Regular Village Pony!

Vote Tally:
Straw (5): Jondesu, Randuir, BrightnessRadiant, Ecthelion III, Anonymous
Brightness Radiant (2): Paranoid King, Straw
Paranoid King (1): Bridge Boy, Frozen Mint

Player List

Spoiler

Earth Ponies

1. Defecate Mac (m) Darkness Ascendant

2. Schitzo (m)  Jondesu

3. Razor Shard  (m)  Bridge Boy

4. Hidden Antler (m) A Joe in the Bush Regular Village Pony

5. Ironpies (m) Hemalurgic_Headshot

6. Moneybags (m)  Paranoid King

7. Jeeves (m)  randuir

Unicorns

1. Straw (m)  Straw Village Pony with the Element of Loyalty

2. Dusted Rose (f)  Crimsn-Wolf

3. Bracken (m)  The Flash

4. Twilight Blossom (f) DroughtBringer

5. Seeing Eye (f)  Seonid

6. Cherry Blossom (f)  Quiver

7. Weaver (f)  Frozen Mint

Pegasi

1. Prism (f)  BrightnessRadiant

2. Weirdo (m)  Ornstein

3. Curiosity (m)  Jedal

4. Crescent Thunder (m) Ecthelion III

5. Silver Wolf (m)  Conatus

6. Twilight Star (f)  Alvron

ora_1496199600.png

EDIT: Just a reminder to the Unicorns out there: Your PM groups from cycle 1 are ended. You may now create a new PM group for cycle 2. If you wish to use your cycle 2 PM to communicate with the same players as cycle 1, you do not need to create a new PM, simply post in the cycle 1 PM group that you are using your PM for this cycle to continue the conversation. 

EDIT2: 
Quicklinks
Spoiler
Edited by Herowannabe

Oops. Umm...sorry straw :unsure:

Hey somepony actually used a pegasus vote! I was wondering if they would. So alvron, conatus, or jedal must have been the one. Since ecth and I both voted in thread and Ornstein wasn't even on was he?

Why did they vote in secret? Hmmmm? Cuz it's fun or cuz they knew straw was a villager and they didn't want to explain their vote?

I'm sorry that we lost our loyalty pony. :( We could've used his protection ability.

Edit: also RIP @A Joe in the Bush...we will find you! (You really shouldn't stay out alone at night when there are changlings running about :P)

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

16 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Hey somepony actually used a pegasus vote! I was wondering if they would. So alvron, conatus, or jedal must have been the one. Since ecth and I both voted in thread and Ornstein wasn't even on was he?

Why did they vote in secret? Hmmmm? Cuz it's fun or cuz they knew straw was a villager and they didn't want to explain their vote?

"Um, sorry.  It was me.  I was in the shadows waiting for somepony to pass so I could pounce out at them and I guess nopony saw me vote for Straw."

2 minutes ago, Alvron said:

"Um, sorry.  It was me.  I was in the shadows waiting for somepony to pass so I could pounce out at them and I guess nopony saw me vote for Straw."

Ha! I was right it was you...of course I mentioned two others as well lol :P

grey cloud hung over ponyville. Literally. Prism was upset, and she sat on a cloud above ponyville thinking about the previous night. Their meeting had been going so well until everypony started yelling and accusing one another of being a changling. How had it turned sour so quickly? Straw had been loudly spreading his paranoia that everypony was out to get him, and somehow that ended up being the case. Well, if it wasn't so sad it would be kind of funny in an ironic sort of way. The pony with the element of loyalty at that. Loyalty? That was also ironic. Looks like they were turning on their friends pretty quickly. 

Prism sighed. 

Somepony yelped, and she realized that she had just made her cloud pour rain on some unsuspecting pony down below. "Sorry!", she yelled down. The pony simply huffed, and stalked off soaking wet.

Well, as far as C1 lynches go, this was the worst possible outcome. I'll try to do some more analysis later, but these are some thing I picked up on:

• Alvron put in an anonymous vote. However, if there had been an attempt by the elims to force a draw, this would have blocked that attempt, so this action makes me lean ever so slightly village on him.
  • Drought initiated suspicions on Straw with his question, but didn't follow it through with a vote (or reasons why he didn't do so). This makes me somewhat wary that this might have been an elim attempt to get the straw lynch moving without committing to this himself. I don't see much reason fro why he'd do so, unless both he and BR are both elims (again). A more innocent explanation would be that he was busy with LG33 turn-over, and didn't have time to post because of that.
Edited by randuir

20 minutes ago, The Flash said:

I will note this is exactly the reason I don't like day 1 lynches! Now none of us are safe! And joe is gone! THIS IS TERRIFYING AHHHHH

No one likes day 1 lynches, but given the rules of this game, it's not like we had much of a choice as it's either:

1. don't lynch and be guaranteed to lose an element of harmony and a villager.
  2. Lynch, and have only a 25% risk of losing an element, and a roughly 20% chance of hitting an elim.

Just now, randuir said:

No one likes day 1 lynches, but given the rules of this game, it's not like we had much of a choice as it's either:

1. don't lynch and be guaranteed to lose an element of harmony and a villager.
  2. Lynch, and have only a 25% risk of losing an element, and a roughly 20% chance of hitting an elim.

Well I guess you're right *sigh* doesn't mean I have to like it though. 

AHH! We lost lynched the element of loyalty! (sorry about my inactivity)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weirdo sat on the street, playing his accordion.The kingdom as he knew it might end, but that doesn't stop weirdo from having a good polka! he even earned a couple bucks from some people walking along the  road. he got up after that and flew off toward his favorite restaurant, to get a Pb&p sandwich (peanut butter and pickle). He was in a good mood until he saw the sign in front of the little sandwich shop.

Closed for fear of changlings

He dropped to his knees  and yelled, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"