Why don't we think book Taln is real Taln again?

Brightness Enna

Question

I know I should know this, but after a bit of searching, I could not find a clear argument. I mean, people reference it all the time but I can't seem to find an original theory or something.

I thought the dude everybody calls Talenel is actually Talenel. Why don't most people think it is? The Coppermind isn't helping me much. If you could just link to something that explains it more clearly, that would be a big help!

Thanks, and sorry for the (probably) repetitive question.

4 answers to this question

Just now, Brightness Enna said:

I know I should know this, but after a bit of searching, I could not find a clear argument. I mean, people reference it all the time but I can't seem to find an original theory or something.

I thought the dude everybody calls Talenel is actually Talenel. Why don't most people think it is? The Coppermind isn't helping me much. If you could just link to something that explains it more clearly, that would be a big help!

Thanks, and sorry for the (probably) repetitive question.

Basically, Brandon has always referred to him in some manner of "the man who calls himself Taln" and the community is divided on the truth of the matter.

I think he really is, some people think he isn't, others think that he was, etc.. ask six people, you'll probably get four different answers

Recently Brandon talked about it in Facebook here. There are some interesting tidbits there and to summarize he says "This character may or may not be a Herald - but the text is going to make the answer clear, and I'm not trying to trick you"