New Aussie Sharder

Comby23

Hey All! I go by Comby and have (finally - after much lurking!) decided to create an account so I can interact with the wonderful Sanderfans :D 

A big push for me to create an account was the fact that Brandon is actually coming to Australia very soon! I am really excited that I may have the chance to meet the man who raised the bar for fantasy writing in my eyes. Plus... you kinda need an account to interact, so if I'm going to meet Brandon and maybe ask some questions, then it helps to have an account to share anything I gain from that opportunity. 

Anyway, I look forward to joining in some of the awesome discussions you guys have!

Comby :) 

41 minutes ago, Comby23 said:

Hey All! I go by Comby and have (finally - after much lurking!) decided to create an account so I can interact with the wonderful Sanderfans :D 

A big push for me to create an account was the fact that Brandon is actually coming to Australia very soon! I am really excited that I may have the chance to meet the man who raised the bar for fantasy writing in my eyes. Plus... you kinda need an account to interact, so if I'm going to meet Brandon and maybe ask some questions, then it helps to have an account to share anything I gain from that opportunity. 

Anyway, I look forward to joining in some of the awesome discussions you guys have!

HE IS WHAT? WHEN? WHERE?

@Delightfully Smoak He is making appearances at Supanova in Sydney and Perth in June. 

http://www.supanova.com.au/guests/brandon-sanderson/ that is his guest page. There's not set event schedule yet (*cue irritated sigh*), but he is doing general admin Q&A's, plus signings and photos, both Saturday and Sunday. I plan on going to Sydney 'cause, likely, it'll be my one chance to see him amongst a long, long time. 

I've learnt to be wary of these hemalurgically-infused baked goods... The notion that their being passed around in baked goods makes me wonder if coeliac's are more susceptible to hemalurgy though. 

2 hours ago, Comby23 said:

Oh hai o7

Welcome to the shard, I'm another Sydney sharder! :D 

Yeah, I'm hoping to go as well, but like, parents and things @Delightfully Smoak *shrugs Probably won't be allowed ha *grumbles

But if I do, I'll probs be cosplaying as either Kaladin or as some obscure comic book character ahahaa, I've been trying to keep planning to a minimum to avoid disappointment, but I guess I might as well compile my questions and things for Brandon...

If it is confirmed I'm going I'll let you know, might meet or something *shugs. Btw recording isn't allowed Comby, so if you do record, do so discreetly ha

I'll make a google doc for the questions and throw them in the signing thread, which can be found here

3 hours ago, Comby23 said:

Wait, im going to australia in June. What are the exact dates

@Darkness Ascendant hey! I'm in country NSW, Wagga Wagga, so I'll trek up to see him over the weekend. I'd love to meet some other fans of Sanderson... I'm slowly influencing my fellow readers into the Cosmere and thankfully they are falling in love with it.

Awesome! I'm already thinking of questions to ask too! If I pick up anything he says that you may have missed I will definitely pass it on to you! Or anything he writes as part of a book signing I'll take a pic of it and post it on here! :) 

@King Cole he is appearing at Supanova. The Sydney event is Friday June 16th to Sunday June 18th but on his guest page he's only appearing Saturday and Sunday. Brandon is also going to Perth and the dates for Perth are Friday June 23rd to Sunday June 25th. 

Pretty exciting. The last time he came was 2012 I think (I could be wrong!). I had only just tried Mistborn then. Now being a Cosmere addict, I can't wait to meet him! 

Just now, Comby23 said:

@Darkness Ascendant hey! I'm in country NSW, Wagga Wagga, so I'll trek up to see him over the weekend. I'd love to meet some other fans of Sanderson... I'm slowly influencing my fellow readers into the Cosmere and thankfully they are falling in love with it.

Awesome! I'm already thinking of questions to ask too! If I pick up anything he says that you may have missed I will definitely pass it on to you! Or anything he writes as part of a book signing I'll take a pic of it and post it on here! :) 

@King Cole he is appearing at Supanova. The Sydney event is Friday June 16th to Sunday June 18th but on his guest page he's only appearing Saturday and Sunday. Brandon is also going to Perth and the dates for Perth are Friday June 23rd to Sunday June 25th. 

Pretty exciting. The last time he came was 2012 I think (I could be wrong!). I had only just tried Mistborn then. Now being a Cosmere addict, I can't wait to meet him! 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ILL MISS HIM BYE A WEEK :(:(:(:(:( im so sad right now

Just now, Comby23 said:

rkness Ascendant hey! I'm in country NSW, Wagga Wagga, so I'll trek up to see him over the weekend. I'd love to meet some other fans of Sanderson... I'm slowly influencing my fellow readers into the Cosmere and thankfully they are falling in love with it.

....I used to live there niiice. Wish we bumped into each other while I was there ha

3 hours ago, Comby23 said:

he is appearing at Supanova. The Sydney event is Friday June 16th to Sunday June 18th but on his guest page he's only appearing Saturday and Sunday. Brandon is also going to Perth and the dates for Perth are Friday June 23rd to Sunday June 25th. 

I sad now... I will miss him too.:(