Netflix The Witcher TV Series

12 minutes ago, Quiver said:

This is an important question:

Is it a new series? Or is Netflix just hosting the old series for a newer audience?

Would I be excited if they were just gonna host the old series? :P

Edited by Oversleep

31 minutes ago, Quiver said:

This is an important question:

Is it a new series? Or is Netflix just hosting the old series for a newer audience?

If they did that, they would be just hurting themselves. The old Witcher series made in Poland is horrible. 

They are making a new one. I'm excited. I hope they'll do it like it deserves to be done. And I hope they will stick to the books for the first half and diverge from them after the defeat of Vilgefortz. The books got a bit weird after that battle. 

Whoa! I decided to turn 2 on and my son was watching and not 10 mins into game I had to tell him to turn his head as big boobs popped onscreen. Wasn't expecting that but it was awesome and funny for sure. This game seems complicated! Maybe I won't be so new by the time this hits.

@Briar King, the games happen after the end of the book series (and are considered alternate continuity by the author). Just heads up.

If anyone wants to check out the books, here's a guide:

First off, two short story collections that introduce major characters of the Witcher Saga:

1. The Last Wish (despite being published after Sword of Destiny, it contains the first Witcher stories ans should be read first)
  2. Sword of Destiny (introduces another main character and directly precedes the events of the Blood of the Elves)

Witcher Saga:

1. Blood of the Elves
  2. Time of Contempt
  3. Baptism of Fire
  4. The Tower of the Swallow
  5. Lady of the Lake

The short story collections are not prequels; they were written and published first and only after them the pentalogy was written.

The quote that accompanied the Netflix announcement (" Later, it was said the man came from the north, from Ropers Gate.") is the first sentence of the first story (which can be found in The Last Wish).

• 2 weeks later...