Explain a Plot Badly

Bridge to Terabithia:

Spoiler

Remind me to give you knot-tying lessons.

The Chronicles of Narnia:

Spoiler

The Magician's Nephew:

Spoiler

Have your mom eat this fruit. It will make her feel much better.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe:

Spoiler

Step right up and read the fantasy version of The Gospel According to St. John!

The Horse and His Boy:

Spoiler

It's like Mr. Peabody and Sherman! (Does this book have anything to do with the main storyline?!)

Prince Caspian:

Spoiler

Watch in horror awe as Mickey Mouse, I mean, Reepicheep steals the stage.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader:

Spoiler

BEST. VOYAGE. EVER.

The Silver Chair:

Spoiler

A boy, a girl, and their duck-footed friend save a prince from eternal..........sitting down.

The Last Battle:

Spoiler

You call this a battle?! Tis not even a quarrel!

Doctor Who:

Spoiler

Watch a lonely old man kidnap dozens of people for his personal use! (Blue box included)

For Stormlight Archives: Annoying female (Shallan) says idiotic things the entire book and everyone stands amazed of how "clever" she is. *

* Before I get a lot of backlash- my description is a hyperbole of my true feelings. She does annoy me, but she does have some redeeming qualities. Of all the Sanderson character depictions she is my least favorite of all his works. My favorite female that Sanderson writes is Vin and the protagonist from Emperor's Soul.

She's one of my personal favorites, as I like her sarcastic remarks. That being said, to each their own, you're allow to dislike a character, even a fan favorite one from time to time. For instance, I hate Luke Skywalker. He's one of the lamest heroes, who gets one good shot in during his first movie, bumbles through the second, then at the end of the trilogy, his whole confrontation with his father is made pointless by the fact that the Death Star II is destroyed, in a far more dangerous way than he did before by the way, which means that the Emperor and Darth Vader would have died anyways. LAAAAME! Still, I'm a big fan of Star Wars.

Steelheart 

Spoiler

A boy spends half his life figuring out how to kill a villian that an toddler could vanquish. 

Firefight 

Spoiler

A simple disagreement leds to a city's near destruction because No One Talked to each other. 

Calamity 

Spoiler

If anyone really knew Prof, this would be a very short story

Edited by Sheridan_rd

On 6/6/2017 at 1:44 PM, The Flash said:

The Flash: 

Hide contents

Over and over, Barry is proved as NOT being the fastest man alive. Also, STOP MESSING WITH THE TIMELINE. 

HA! I just said this first part to Lopen the other day!!! :lol: (I was talking about this thread, and I was like if I did it for the Flash series I would say...) haha

Alcatraz vs the evil librarians: 

Spoiler

Boy has a talent for breaking things and his grandfather who swears in author's names defeat a bunch of librarians with glasses.
Worst bit is, I didn't need to make any of that weirder than it already is...

2001: A space Odessy

Spoiler

Dude looks at big rock on moon for a while, while another guy goes on a trip and kills his computer. Also, aliens did some cool stuff.

Every single Poirot ever:

Spoiler

Guy with fabulous moustaches spends entire book admiring them and being kinda full of himself and sitting in his chair. Oh, and he figures out who did it.

Every single Miss Marple:

Spoiler

Old lady talkss her past and knits a scarf. Also, she knows who did the murder.

Arcanum Unbounded:

Spoiler

Woman fangirls over magic systems inbetween short stories, but somehow forgot an entire planet.

Mistborn: Secret History:

Spoiler

Guy who was dead is not dead anymore.

Perfect State:

Spoiler

A guy's date goes wrong when the woman he's with turns out to be from another world.

Legion:

Spoiler

The voices in a guy's head are smarter than he is.

Firstborn:

Spoiler

Guy spends book wishing he could be as good as himself.

Worm:

Spoiler

Girl fights people with bugs because aliens give people powers.

Night Watch (Terry Pratchett):

Spoiler

Guy travels back in time so he can talk about hardboiled eggs.

The Golden Compass:

Spoiler

Girl uses compass incorrectly, then fights a bear.

The Little Prince:

Spoiler

Boy talks to random stranger and causes lots of people to cry.

Okay, I think that's enough for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Warbreaker:

Spoiler

Two sisters switch personalities and the day is saved by an army of Weeping Angels.

Secret History:

Spoiler

Brandon Sanderson decides to answer a few major questions by creating many more.

Secret History (alternate):

Spoiler

8 years after the fact, Brandon Sanderson decides to make you relive your favorite character dying.

Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians (the series):

Spoiler

A dramatic and suspenseful opening scene, followed by four books of backstory. Almost ten years later we arrive back at the same point in time, and realize that the light hearted and fun humor of the past four books has not prepared us for the emotional rollercoaster that is the last half of the fifth book.

I'll give it a go:

A Game of Thrones:

Spoiler

A man advises his BFF who happens to be king, until the BFF is killed by alcohol and a pig. The man then tells the queen that he knows she cheated on the king with her own brother, and gets beheaded.

A Clash of Kings:

Spoiler

A lot of people wants the throne, and one of them kills his brother with a shadow, before he attacks the capital with a huge army, and is defeated by the combined efforts of old alchemists, a dwarf, a brothel-owner and the dead brothers armor.

A Storm of Swords

Spoiler

The book were three main characters were killed off on weddings, and an old guy gets shot while on the toilet.

A Feast for Crows:

Spoiler

A female knight roadtrips with a priest, a squire, a dog and a former bully in order to find her dead friends daughter. In the end, she is hanged by her ressurrected best friend for carrying a sword.

A Dance with Dragons

Spoiler

A guy pardons a lot of criminals in order to fight monsters no one believes in, and is stabbed by his friends while watching a giant tear a man apart. 

Warbreaker

Spoiler

The story of a bunch of color-manipulating undead who are worshipped as gods by humans.

WoK:

Spoiler

The story were the protagonists are followed by strange spirits, hallucinates during storms and draws things unintentionally, and one if the villains is an old man who murders people in his basement because he wrote stuff on his own walls.

WoR: 

Spoiler

This time, the protagonists turn the spirits into weapons, speaks to a face in the sky, and spends the entire book being afraid of a flying bald slave. The old man starts a war with millions of casualties because of the stuff he wrote on a desk drawer.

Marvel Cinematic Universe:

Spoiler

Iron Man:

Spoiler

Robert Downey Jr. plays himself. And it's awesome.

The Incredible Hulk:

Spoiler

Bruce Banner struggles with drug addiction and relapses.

Iron Man 2:

Spoiler

This is the live-action version of Cars 2.

Thor:

Spoiler

Worlds collide as George Kirk falls in love with Padme Amidala.

Captain America: The First Avenger:

Spoiler

We would like to show you a two-hour long trailer to The Avengers.

The Avengers:

Spoiler

How can they hear each other without freaking EARPIECES??!!

Iron Man 3:

Spoiler

The world is coming undone. Gandhi is now a terrorist druggie, and Tony Stark doesn't listen to AC/DC anymore.

Thor: The Dark World:

Spoiler

Now this is how not to do Shakespeare in the park.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier:

Spoiler

We interrupt this production to bring you The Bourne Ultimatum.

Guardians of the Galaxy:

Spoiler

Chris Pratt is playing himself. And it's HILARIOUS!!!:lol:

Avengers: Age of Ultron:

Spoiler

This movie was so bad that Joss Whedon has now resigned to working for DC.

Ant-Man:

Spoiler

Scott has the best daughter ever.

Captain America: Civil War:

Spoiler

They're not even fighting about the accords! What's wrong?

Doctor Strange:

Spoiler

Sir, I need to ask you to take the LSD after you have driven the Lamborghini, okay?

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2:

Spoiler

Dang, Yondu's amazing. I wonder if he'll be in Infinity Wa- oops. I spoke too soon.

X-Men Movies:

Spoiler

X-Men:

Spoiler

Well, I thought this was gonna be different than the TV show.

X2:

Spoiler

BEST. SEQUEL. EVER!!!!!!

X-Men: The Last Stand:

Spoiler

Wait, where's Nightcrawler? Why did you take away Mystique's powers? Shouldn't the Phoenix be more powerful? Awww, This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules you, Brett Ratner. This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules you.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine:

Spoiler

"Do you have a flamethrower?' "Why?" "Cause I'm gonna pour gasoline on that disc and set it on fire." Did Brett Ratner direct this?

X-Men: First Class:

Spoiler

Magneto takes on the main character from Footloose.

The Wolverine:

Spoiler

"Do you have a car?" "Why?" "Cause I'm gonna run that disc over again. And again. And again." Are you absolutely positive Brett Ratner didn't sneak in?

X-Men: Days of Future Past:

Spoiler

We interrupt this production to bring you Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Deadpool:

Spoiler

X Gon Give It To Ya!

X-Men: Apocalypse:

Spoiler

Is this a good movie or a bad one? I really can't tell.

Logan:

Spoiler

"Give me a tissue." "Why?" "Cause I'm gonna weep for joy." Best X-Men movie ever.

To do all the Cosmere books and complete stories (i.e. not the broadsheets or other Allomancer Jak stuff) I've read so far:

White Sand Vol 1:

Spoiler

A scholar searches for a group that has been almost completely wiped out.

Elantris:

Spoiler

To serve his new home, a zombie must deceive the woman he was supposed to marry.

The Hope of Elantris:

Spoiler

A babysitter watches important events take place.

The Emperor's Soul:

Spoiler

A thief manipulates the future of an empire.

The Eleventh Metal:

Spoiler

A teacher fails to recognize the true potential of his disciple.

The Final Empire:

Spoiler

Inspired by flowers, a man fakes his own resurrection.

The Well of Ascension (difficult because so many largely-unrelated things occur):

Spoiler

Spurred by prophecy, an emperor and his wife seek a legendary source of power.

The Hero of Ages:

Spoiler

A man who has lost his faith finds that religion held the answers all along.

Secret History:

Spoiler

A man uses his card-playing skills to save the world.

Alloy of Law:

Spoiler

A woman finds that her "useless" talents are just what her sister's fiancee needs.

Shadows of Self: I don't think I can do better than (or even close to but substantially different than) the OP on this one.

Bands of Mourning:

Spoiler

A man and his sister have an unexpected reunion.

Shadows for Silence:

Spoiler

A search for a serial killer goes horribly wrong, and ends up saved by a ghost.

Sixth of the Dust:

Spoiler

People find loopholes in the Prime Directive.

Warbreaker:

Spoiler

A queen cooperates with plans to overthrow her husband's kingdom.

Way of Kings (Kaladin arc):

Spoiler

A demoralized slave finds courage and turns against his master.

Words of Radiance (Shallan arc):

Spoiler

After killing both of her parents, a young woman meets her arranged fiancee.

Edgedancer:

Spoiler

A young woman shows an old man the error of his ways.

another one for mistborn, because that one is just so easy

Spoiler

megalomaniac con artist manipulates his friends into helping him start his own personality cult

and well of ascension

Spoiler

following events of book 1, millions die

and hero of ages

Spoiler

even more people die, but some survive in the end, so it is all well

and secret history

Spoiler

the megalomaniac con artists fixes a little part of the mess he created. and he speaks honestly for one sentence.

I'll give this a try, sounds fun.

White Sand:

Spoiler

A scoundrel must convince seven important dignitaries that he is not a scoundrel, or else his guild is kaput.

Elantris:

Spoiler

A love triangle (of which the characters are unaware) between a zombie, a foreign princess, and a religious zealot. The fate of a country hangs in the balance.

Mistborn:

Spoiler

Psychopathic Robin Hood raises armies, steals, lies, and murders his way into taking over control of a dystopian city-state. When this fails, he decides he's a god instead, and dies. This works much better.

WoA:

Spoiler

The new government ignores everything psychopathic Robin Hood told them to do, while being invaded by the king's daddy, a sassy paraplegic, and the king's ex-best friend (with their respective armies). When being a good man doesn't work, the king decides it's time to be a tyrant, while his wife murders his entire family and sets free a dark force bent on destroying the world. 

HoA:

Spoiler

A conquest treasure hunt is cut short when the dark force bent on destroying the world starts to actually destroy the world. Then, multiple people become god.

Secret History:

Spoiler

Remember Psychopathic Robin Hood? It was all his plan all along. He was a pawn sent by an unraveling dead god. It was all his plan all along.

Mistborn Over All:

Spoiler

A god tricks his alter-ego into creating humans, locks up his alter-ego, then uses humans as pawns to stop his alter-ego once he's free. Then, they join forces and can't do anything.

Warbreaker:

Spoiler

Nothing is as it seems. God is a man-baby. A scruffy-looking nerf-herder was king all along. The world was created by a drunk monkey. 

WoK:

Spoiler

Dalinar: A aging tyrant tricks himself into trusting the one person he shouldn't because he thinks of the olden days a bit too hard when it rains.

Shallan: A young moral noblewoman A murderer/thief is actually way more important than she realized. Time to kill the slaves.

Kaladin: A poor bloke who just wants to help his friends uses his military knowledge to save the day, while a fairy gives him powers and forces him out of his shell by bringing him poison.

WoR:

Spoiler

Shallan: A girl uses a strange talking drawing to become a spy after her mentor's supposed death. What could go wrong? Oh, actually, that went rather well. 

Kaladin: A man is rewarded for his heroism by becoming in charge of a battalion, then ruins it by speaking at the wrong time. Everyone trusts him after that, and he saves the day again.

Dalinar: Tyrant is tired of battle, so he dabbles in politics instead. Some lapses include beating up the king, but that went as well as it could (what with him being the king's uncle/step-daddy).

Might do some more later. Enjoy!

Edited by Khyrindor
broken formatting

The Matrix:

Spoiler

A man learns the difference between trying to hit and hitting.

alternatively:

Spoiler

A man discovers he has been living in Wonderland all along, so he dies and becomes a Messiah.

Edited by Oversleep

StarWars Episodes 1-3

Spoiler

The religious majority believes a prophecy that the 1 person who will balance the Majority(tens of thousands) vs Minority(two) of their religion will be on the side of the Majority.
Surprise! he kills everyone till both sides a 2 vs 2

StarWars Episodes 4-6

Spoiler

Son of serial killer from above makes out with his sister before losing her to the school slacker, then with a Furry(s) they blow up a dudes small penis compensation station (twice), who was their fathers employer

Matrix Trilogy

Spoiler

A fan of Lawnmower man makes his own Jesus/Bible flic - casts angsty white guy and who never ages as Jesus

WoK

Spoiler

Library nerd took the "special rock" of the emo boy, to make emo boy kill all the leaders and jocks of the world.

Psychotic girl who killed her parents judges someone else for killing in self defense.

Depressed Soldier with PTSD tries to quit everything because he thinks he's personally responsible for all death, instead listens glow 6 inch pole dancer.

Drunkard asshat of a father/General was too drunk to save his brother so "get's clean" and takes it out on his kids, and all the other Generals in the Army.

Edited by Chinsukolo

The ones for Mistborn are hilarious :lol: I'll give some a try.

Shades of Milk and Honey

Spoiler

Girl thinks younger sister is more attractive but she ends up with all the attention. Also there's magic.

Wheel of Time

Spoiler

Guy with voice in his head has to defeat Evil. Decides last-minute that's a bad idea but everyone's happy anyway.

Steelheart

Spoiler

Guy who is really bad at metaphors/similes gets Superman to kill himself.