Identifying "Quiet" Worldhoppers

Just now, The One Who Connects said:

Here. Bottom of the post, after the Audio Recording Files

Excellent, thanks! I hadn't seen that one. Interestingly I've seen him asked about that in person before (during the Shadows of Self tour) and he RAFO'd it about as fast as I have ever seen him RAFO something. 

1 hour ago, Bcknight2 said:

I've also seen speculation that Mrall (Taravangian's guard/intelligence tester) is a Kandra world hopper. 

This speculation was because he's completely bald (no eyebrows) and makes a comment about changing his feelings on command.

But changing feeling on Command is not something a Kandra could do.

35 minutes ago, Yata said:

But changing feeling on Command is not something a Kandra could do.

Yes, but there is a quote from TenSoon where he says something like "I will believe that if you command it of me, mistress"... So while it may not be something a kandra actually does, it does represent an attitude we might expect a kandra to have towards a "master".

My personal opinion is that Mrall is either a kandra or it's a misdirect, and Mrall's idiosyncrasies will be explained by some currently unexplored Thaylen sub-culture. After all we've pretty much only seen Thaylen merchants and traders, other than Mrall, to this point.

12 hours ago, Bcknight2 said:

Yes, but there is a quote from TenSoon where he says something like "I will believe that if you command it of me, mistress"... So while it may not be something a kandra actually does, it does represent an attitude we might expect a kandra to have towards a "master".

That was a Kandra under his Contract in TFE.

Nothing like that will happen now and much more is no a comment Who make sense if his Identity is a secret.

I remember someone Who think He was an Aimian but I think It's Almost disproved

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12.5.2017 at 11:49 PM, Obnoxiousspren said:

The carriage driver who took Wit's place:" He had an accent Kaladin didn't recognize." and "Kaladin didn't recognize him; he wasn't one of Adolin's regular servants." Chapter 55 The Rules of the Game

I'm pretty sure that this dude had a Bav accent. If I remeber correctly,  he talks the same way they do. I don't think that Kaladin would be able to recognize every single rosharian accent...

13 minutes ago, Storming Radiant said:

I'm pretty sure that this dude had a Bav accent. If I remeber correctly,  he talks the same way they do. I don't think that Kaladin would be able to recognize every single rosharian accent...

I know it's probably not true, but I like to think that there was no other driver. Hoid just used Lightweaving to change his appearance so he could screw with Adolin. The thought of Hoid disguised and using his abilities, not for any real gain, but just for fun makes me laugh. 

On 27/05/2017 at 4:06 PM, The Voiceless One said:

I think that Felt, the chief of the Venture spies, appears in The Stormlight Archives.

He does, he's one of the scouts Dalinar sends ahead in the Shattered Plains when Kaladin is with them, if I remember correctly. Either way I know it's been confirmed by Brandon.^^

15 hours ago, Rawrbert said:

He does, he's one of the scouts Dalinar sends ahead in the Shattered Plains when Kaladin is with them, if I remember correctly. Either way I know it's been confirmed by Brandon.^^

Right, I don't worry a ton about him since he's been confirmed. I'm looking for people that haven't already been spotted, and might have small enough roles right now to be missed. We already knew about Felt.

• Chaos locked this topic