Color magic

King Cole

1. Color manipulation

Basically a practitioner has the ability to draw colors from anything around themselves. If they touch a (green) leaf and draw out all of the blue in the leaf, then the leaf would be yellow. Each color has a different storage which is exactly like from Mistborn. Each color has broad purposes that can be used in very specific ways.

Red: Destruction

·         By channeling the color red, practitioners gain energy that can be used exclusively for the purpose of Destruction.  Energy and matter can be manipulated by channeling RED energy for this purpose. Lightning, heat, air pressure, or light. As long as it is for destructive purposes, then any of these can be used. The one way that RED energy can’t be used is to directly affect the inside of someone’s body. To give you some perspective, a completely red bead around the size of a marble would give enough RED energy to light a candle. As you can imagine, storing enough RED energy to cause major destruction would be a stupid amount. A smart practitioner that was attempting to create a tornado wouldn’t use the energy to individually move each gust of wind because this would consume practically infinite amounts of energy, they would instead create atmospheric conditions that the tornado would be created from. The whole goal of channeling RED energy is to cause the most amount of destruction, using the least amount of energy.

Blue: Protection

·         By channeling the color blue, practitioners gain energy that can be used exclusively for the purpose of Protection. Energy and matter can be manipulated by channeling BLUE energy for this purpose. The main two ways that BLUE energy is used is through energy barriers and creating matter walls. There are two main types of energy barriers. The first simply blocks damage by simply acting as a wall. The other type of barrier acts by negating velocity. The former requires less BLUE energy, while the latter is often used to prevent damage to the object they are trying to stop. Physical wall can also be created, usually in cases of reinforcement or when making a buffer. One thing that is extremely important is that BLUE energy can’t be used to harm, even if it is protecting things. One marble sized bead of the color blue, gives enough energy to make a square meter barrier that can stop a punch.

Green: Growth

·         By channeling the color green, practitioners gain energy that can be used exclusively for the purpose of Growth. Energy can be affected to a lower extent while matter is the main manipulation that GREEN energy bestows. GREEN energy has some basic healing capabilities. The limits of this are when dealing with diseases because stopping these diseases would be violating the ideals of growth. GREEN energy allows easy manipulation of plants. Growth also works beyond the obvious tinkering with living things. One application of this would be having a building, then using GREEN energy on it, then the building would grow bigger. However, this is very energy draining and would in most cases be impractical. If enough control over GREEN energy was coupled with knowledge of genetics, bioengineering could be a thing.

Yellow: Restoration

·         By channeling the color yellow, practitioners gain energy that can be used exclusively for the purpose of Restoration. This is where the powers start to get kinda weird. The energy and matter manipulation of YELLOW energy allows stuff to be rebuilt to their previous state. This is a more effective healing than GREEN energy cause it can target diseases by extinguishing it so the body is in its original state. The most powerful part of YELLOW energy is the temporal effects. When using YELLOW energy to revert things to their previous form, instead of physically reconstructing it, it can instead be turned back to its state via messing with time. YELLOW energy can also offer limited teleportation, by “restoring” the practitioner’s previous position (think tracer from overwatch).

Orange: Radiance

Indigo: Negation

Violet: Perception

Black: ????

But before you go thinking "They can just absorb colors from everything", there's a catch. If an object is close, or extremely close to having no colors, then touching causes pain to the practitioner. So they have to be careful about which colors they draw from objects.

People are chosen to wield this power randomly at birth. When they are born colors start swirling around their bodies as they don't have control of the power yet. Color storages can be stored into objects that share the color. Example: A red bead could be stored with red energy, and any practitioner can draw from this source but they never know what could be filled with energy.

2. Light manipulation

Basically the practitioner absorbs light from around them. Once they have gathered enough light they can form solid light creations and enhance people's abilities. Practitioners can direct where light goes. They can will light to go away from themselves, making themselves essentially invisible. It takes a long time to store up enough light to actually do much. Practitioners spend most of their time outside to store energy. People also can empty their storage's into other practitioners.

Once a solid object has been made, you can withdraw some of the light that you can put into it.

Non solid light objects (illusions) can also be created, and this takes much less light then a solid object.

If a practitioner reaches the highest tier, they are able to shift massive amounts of light to go towards their body to increase their energy input. 

The best time to engage a practitioner is during the night because practitioners can't absorb more light and their storages will empty faster.

Please tell me what you thought and any ideas you have for making it better

Edited by King Cole

39 minutes ago, King Cole said:

1. Color manipulation

Basically a practitioner has the ability to draw colors from anything around themselves. If they touch a (green) leaf and draw out all of the blue in the leaf, then the leaf would be yellow. Each color has a different storage which is exactly like from Mistborn. I haven't figured out what each color does yet but I've got a few.

There is a game called Nihilumbra that has a similar magic mechanic.

Is there any particular system that decides what power goes to what color? In that is it linked to symbolism related to that color or is it unrelated?

Orange: Heat/light

4 hours ago, King Cole said:

1. Color manipulation

Basically a practitioner has the ability to draw colors from anything around themselves. If they touch a (green) leaf and draw out all of the blue in the leaf, then the leaf would be yellow. Each color has a different storage which is exactly like from Mistborn. I haven't figured out what each color does yet but I've got a few.

Can you return colours to objects?

Make yellow like, Status quo, resets things to their natural state, cancels things out perhaps?

13 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Make yellow like, Status quo, resets things to their natural state, cancels things out perhaps?

Yes you can

Also, negation would be a good one, maybe violet or purple. I kind of like yellow but it definitely isn't settled on 

17 hours ago, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

Is there any particular system that decides what power goes to what color? In that is it linked to symbolism related to that color or is it unrelated?

Great Idea! I think ill call it radiance

2 minutes ago, The Flash said:

How about like invisibility for indigo. 

I kinda want them to be broader so they have more applications. Also since I decided (a minute ago) that orange would be light, I kinda think that would fit this category. Thanks for the advice though, I value any and all advice

On 5/12/2017 at 0:30 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

Yeah, im thinking of changing green to to growth then Yellow to Restoration. I also changed Indigo to Negation. I like this change but im not sure its the best

On 5/11/2017 at 8:24 PM, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

Wait, tell me more about this game

It's a puzzle game where the main character is trying to escape from a force called The Void by using colors and their associated powers. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilumbra

Your magic system made me think of it since both magic systems share the color with an attribute aspect.

People are chosen to wield this power randomly at birth. When they are born colors start swirling around their bodies as they don't have control of the power yet.

Quick question. How exactly are people chosen? Is it a universal random assignment, or is there some greater force that is behind the choosing?

Edited by Faceless Mist-Wraith
Adding a question to avoid double posting.

On 5/16/2017 at 6:17 PM, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

Quick question. How exactly are people chosen? Is it a universal random assignment, or is there some greater force that is behind the choosing?

There is no true story yet, but it is truly random, there is no being or consciousness behind it. Someone who has two parents with these powers has the same chance as one with none