Fun (But probably wrong) Theories

1 minute ago, The Sovereign said:

The M Name:

Reveal hidden contents

Meridas

This is his actual name before he takes up the "Hoid" mantra in The Liar of Partinel excepts.

Uh well considering that's Amaram's first name I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Unless Hoid is Amaram.

In which case, Hoid is Odium confirmed.

4 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

The M Name:

Hide contents

Meridas

This is his actual name before he takes up the "Hoid" mantra in The Liar of Partinel excepts.

Thanks. I knew I'd read it kept thinking Midius for some reason and knew it wasn't right. 

1 hour ago, The Flash said:

I think wayne will pop through and ascend to take cultivation

Actually, to go along with the crazy theory, I have a candidate for a Wayne appearance in Words of Radiance. I'll post an edit with a reference.

Edit: The carriage driver who took Wit's place:" He had an accent Kaladin didn't recognize." and "Kaladin didn't recognize him; he wasn't one of Adolin's regular servants." Chapter 55 The Rules of the Game

When you read through that, doesn't the accent sound a little like Wayne? Still a crazy theory without much to go on, but it is fun!

Edited by Obnoxiousspren

1 hour ago, Obnoxiousspren said:

Actually, to go along with the crazy theory, I have a candidate for a Wayne appearance in Words of Radiance. I'll post an edit with a reference.

Edit: The carriage driver who took Wit's place:" He had an accent Kaladin didn't recognize." and "Kaladin didn't recognize him; he wasn't one of Adolin's regular servants." Chapter 55 The Rules of the Game

When you read through that, doesn't the accent sound a little like Wayne? Still a crazy theory without much to go on, but it is fun!

I always thought the carriage driver was still Hoid, having lightweaved a disguise for himself, to further enhance the character of the King's Wit. I started a thread about it a while back, but can't find it 'cos I'm on my phone.

1 hour ago, Krandacth said:

I always thought the carriage driver was still Hoid, having lightweaved a disguise for himself, to further enhance the character of the King's Wit. I started a thread about it a while back, but can't find it 'cos I'm on my phone.

Could be. But I feel based on the wording of this WoB that a worldhopper that isn't Hoid is a decent possibility. 

QUESTION

So in Words of Radiance, when Hoid switches places with the carriage driver, who was mentioned as having a hat and a strange accent - is that carriage driver important?

BRANDON SANDERSON

That’s a - I’ll leave this one to you. It’s a RAFO, but not a big RAFO.

Adolin will join the ghostbloods because, a, Shallan leaves him for Kal, b, Renarin gets all the attention even though he tries so hard to please is father, and c, because Navani dies and she was pretty much the only one who cared about him.  Dun dun duuuuun. :ph34r:

Edited by Runeweaver

2 hours ago, Runeweaver said:

Adolin will join the ghostbloods because, a, Shallan leaves him for Kal, b, Renarin gets all the attention even though he tries so hard to please is father, and c, because Navani dies and she was pretty much the only one who cared about him.  Dun dun duuuuun. :ph34r:

Is that you @maxal (Big Adolin supporter) lol just kidding...

On 5/19/2017 at 5:13 PM, Obnoxiousspren said:

By the way, thanks to you I now have a new candidate for who I'd want to play Hoid in a movie/tv adaptation! :)

Glad I could help, now I'm having trouble getting the image of NPH with long white hair out of my head.

We can only dream...
tenor.gif

3 hours ago, windrunningmistborn said:

Probably wrong, so here goes: ROCK IS HOID.

Proof? Prepare for a you-had-me-at-hello moment: Neither can hurt other people!

It's open and shut, bake 'em away, toys. Lowsick airlanders.  

You never see them described together... genius!

28 minutes ago, Rob Lucci said:

You never see them described together... genius!

The Perpendicularity story is actually just Rock talking to (and making fun of) his Reflection X_X

Edited by The Sovereign

3 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

The Perpendicularity story is actually just Rock talking to (and making fun of) his Reflection X_X

Of course! We've finally cracked it, boys. Hoid's clever disguise has been cracked.

1 hour ago, Smart Sloth said:

There is no way Hoid is Amaram. At some of the king's feasts, Hoid personally insults him.

That idea is just gross, so disgusting that not even the stuff Amaram uses to make his hands look clean could scour it away :ph34r:

Also Hoid being Amaram is not fun and most definitely wrong... there's your new topic idea @Tal

savaged... lol jk

Edited by Radiant_Jaeger

20 hours ago, Smart Sloth said:

There is no way Hoid is Amaram. At some of the king's feasts, Hoid personally insults him.

As I said earlier, (insert words upon there here). I remember reading somewhere awhile ago that Brandon Sanderson had begun "inventing" Hoid before he started writing and publishing works. It said that he planned Hoid to be (this ius just a summery in my own words) a kind of bridge between the worlds in the Cosmere. So that means he can travel to different planets? Universes? Different dimensions? I don't know what you would say. He he.

@Smart Sloth 

We have indeed seen Hoid travel between planets before. It's almost a race to find him whenever a new cosmere book comes out. He isn't in all of them, but he is around in the vast majority, wether he uses the name "Hoid" or not. I don't know which books you have read already, but I encourage you to read them all and try to find him in them!