Fun (But probably wrong) Theories

38 minutes ago, Obnoxiousspren said:

Wit/Hoid brags about how ineffective Shardblades are against him. Lift decides to test the theory (purely out of curiosity) and pokes him in the hand with her Shardfork. Hoid laughs it off and they become best friends as he helps Lift steal rich-people food.

I'd read a 10 book series solely about their exploits.

Here's mine:

Listeners and "Humans" were able to interbreed (Herdazian, Rockeaters) because of Cultivation, which means that somehow there's a cross between an axehound and a pony waiting for me to adopt it.

(Actually, now that I think about it, does Rock have a gemheart? Does a Ryshadian?)

Edited by iamstick
Thoughts

2 hours ago, iamstick said:

Here's mine:

Listeners and "Humans" were able to interbreed (Herdazian, Rockeaters) because of Cultivation, which means that somehow there's a cross between an axehound and a pony waiting for me to adopt it.

(Actually, now that I think about it, does Rock have a gemheart? Does a Ryshadian?)

I know herdazians have diamond like finger nails, but what do horn eaters have in the way of body abnormality?

9 minutes ago, Radiant_Jaeger said:

I know herdazians have diamond like finger nails, but what do horn eaters have in the way of body abnormality?

Teeth and tummies that can grind and digest carapace (aka "horn") plus red hair.

Edited by iamstick

4 minutes ago, THEMAGICkMAN said:

Here's mine:

Elhokars queen dies/disappears an he marries into Lopens family, making Lopen The Royal One Armed Herdazian 

Well......

Spoiler

His arm is in the process of growing back so he'd have to be "The Lopen The Royal Once One Armed Herdazian".

25 minutes ago, Obnoxiousspren said:

Well......

Reveal hidden contents

His arm is in the process of growing back so he'd have to be "The Lopen The Royal Once One Armed Herdazian".

Oh the stories that would come from this... Lopen seriously needs to get his own book, throw lift in there as well. That'd be fun. 

46 minutes ago, Radiant_Jaeger said:

I don't think that's necessarily the same, I bet anyone could eat shells... same with red hair

The life on Roshar is vaguely crustacean. I think the ability to eat and properly digest crab shells is a pretty significant adaptation.

Although it isn't visible, I think Horne at erstwhile are more physiologically different than your average Rosharan, than a Herdazian. Producing a different type of nail is a much less significant change than a major alteration to the digest tract. 

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

The life on Roshar is vaguely crustacean. I think the ability to eat and properly digest crab shells is a pretty significant adaptation.

Although it isn't visible, I think Horne at erstwhile are more physiologically different than your average Rosharan, than a Herdazian. Producing a different type of nail is a much less significant change than a major alteration to the digest tract. 

Come on you don't know if they actually digest the shells. They could just go straight through like shells of crabs do in real life... so unless you have a reference of Rosharin excrement the world may never know lol

20 minutes ago, Radiant_Jaeger said:

Come on you don't know if they actually digest the shells. They could just go straight through like shells of crabs do in real life... so unless you have a reference of Rosharin excrement the world may never know lol

Um, she'll doesn't easily break. It breaks in ways that are sharp and jagged. It would be like eating glass and tacks. Even if they aren't fully digested "passing through" without injury is impressive. 

Edit: @iamstick that's... Slightly more disturbing than I pictured. 

Edited by Calderis

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

Um, she'll doesn't easily break. It breaks in ways that are sharp and jagged. It would be like eating glass and tacks. Even if they aren't fully digested "passing through" without injury is impressive. 

Edit: @iamstick that's... Slightly more disturbing than I pictured. 

Then call me impressive :) I have eaten parts of crab shell before with no problems

4 minutes ago, Zennix said:

Why would anyone want to eat shells? Aren't shells tasteless? Apart from the calcium that they contain, I don't see any other benefits. 

Evolutionarily, things are delicious because our bodies need them. If you need shell for the minerals in them, they'll taste delicious :)

I'm surprised that everyone is focused on the horn eating rather than the red hair, which obviously is the true indicator of pure evil. And boot stealing. 

But to get back to my earlier question, does possession of an internal gemheart make it possible to see spren? If so, would Eshonai have one? Would Rock? Could the Lopen? Shallan?

4 hours ago, iamstick said:

But to g. et back to my earlier question, does possession of an internal gemheart make it possible to see spren? If so, would Eshonai have one? Would Rock? Could the Lopen? Shallan?

Dude, humans didn't mate with Chasmfiends to produce the Horneaters. And I didn't read anywhere that the Parshendi have gemhearts. If they did, then I'm very sure that Rosharans would be harvesting their Parshmen.