Could Wayne Eventually Become a Worldhopper

ILuvHats

@Thanatos

8 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Nah BoM is a metal mind. 

The way i see it, to store 10 mins you need to lose 10 mins. 

Aka to gain 100 years you need to lose 100 years. 

Negative. The BoM grant both Allomancy and ferring powers, i believe the 16 base metals of each total 32 powers of god. I dont think it contains the god metals or god alloys though, could be wrong there.

This is shown when:

Spoiler

Marasi take up the bands.

Taps ferring speed and moves to the guards fast enough to cause a sonic boom and steals their metal vials.

Than uses allomantic steel and flies back to the mountain to save wax.

!~ HIF ~!

3 hours ago, Hoids Imaginary Friend said:

@Thanatos

Negative. The BoM grant both Allomancy and ferring powers, i believe the 16 base metals of each total 32 powers of god. I dont think it contains the god metals or god alloys though, could be wrong there.

This is shown when:

Reveal hidden contents

Marasi take up the bands.

Taps ferring speed and moves to the guards fast enough to cause a sonic boom and steals their metal vials.

Than uses allomantic steel and flies back to the mountain to save wax.

!~ HIF ~!

Thanatos is right, the BoM are Simply an unsealed Nicrosolmind plus several Unkeyed Metalminds for the attributes.

They gift Allomancy and Feruchemy...but they are just Metalminds as every other Medallion.

Anyway be more powerful with the Cadmius Will add a very Little to your time lap as you will be still regulary limited by the avaliable Cadmius.

The Harmonium could not be eaten and burned as It explodes in contact with water

Edited by Yata

Really? Crickey @Yata I was actually confident there ** shakes head ** shattered..

Did I miss this in the books or is this a WoB?

@Thanatos I humbly apologize

@YataThanks ;)

Sooo, just to confirm Yata.

The Allomantic attributes in the BoM act like a Metalmind and the attributes need to be stored to use and we would need a Mistborn or a bunch of Mistings to store?

I wonder how that works? Does that mean as you are storing an Allomantic attribute you can't use said power, or it's not as powerful depending on how much your storing..?

And you could multiply how much of said attribute you tap - e.g. x2 or x10 making the power that much stronger?

!~ HIF ~!

3 hours ago, Hoids Imaginary Friend said:

Really? Crickey @Yata I was actually confident there ** shakes head ** shattered..

Did I miss this in the books or is this a WoB?

@Thanatos I humbly apologize

@YataThanks ;)

Sooo, just to confirm Yata.

The Allomantic attributes in the BoM act like a Metalmind and the attributes need to be stored to use and we would need a Mistborn or a bunch of Mistings to store?

I wonder how that works? Does that mean as you are storing an Allomantic attribute you can't use said power, or it's not as powerful depending on how much your storing..?

And you could multiply how much of said attribute you tap - e.g. x2 or x10 making the power that much stronger?

!~ HIF ~!

Until se saw the bulding process is hard to say.

The "Allomantic Powers" in the Bands are stores in the Nicrosil part. Much more than the "Power" It's stores the Innate Investiture (or part of the Spiritweb ) Who gave to the Allomancer access to Allomancy. Therefore when they use the BoM they recive for a while this extra piece of Soul and they could performe Allomancy as any other natural Allomancer (swalloing metal and burn It).

In theory the "Nicrosil part" is tapped and consumed in the use. This mean you need to recharge It over time. BUT this is not something all the forum agrees with...someone thinks the Nicrosil part isn't actually tapped (and consumed) but instead that It works more like a Spike.

Regard Who could recharge this...in theory every this is not different by every other Medallion, so you need someone with the wanted Power+ Nicrosil Feruchemy+Alluminium Feruchemy+Durallumin Feruchemy (we don't know yet how the Unsealing preciselly works) but multiple Powers Will cause some kind of interference like Allik said...unless someone with multiple Powers placed by himself them in a Medallion (and the BoM is an example of this)

On a last note, in theory you could tap a Nicrosil Metalmind Faster to obtain a stronger Power.....this is called unofficially Reverse Compounding here in the forum. But there is still Something we don't fully understand in this regard and therefore I don't want to give you speculations as facts

1 hour ago, Yata said:

In theory the "Nicrosil part" is tapped and consumed in the use. This mean you need to recharge It over time. BUT this is not something all the forum agrees with...someone thinks the Nicrosil part isn't actually tapped (and consumed) but instead that It works more like a Spike.

I think the theory is that you can compound the power to restore the reserves you have consumed, not that it works like a spike, though they both end with the same result.

5 hours ago, Djarskublar said:

I think the theory is that you can compound the power to restore the reserves you have consumed, not that it works like a spike, though they both end with the same result.

Nono, I meant there is people who see the Unsealed Metalmind as "not tapped" but simply as if you "connect yourself with the Spiritweb in the metal without affect it".
This is no as I think it works (I see the Unsealed Metalmind as a standard Metalmind in this regard) but for sake of completeness I wanted to share also others' view on the topic

5 minutes ago, FiveLate said:

I remember reading that not all copper clouds were the same size, probably having to do with usage and aligning the spiritual efficiency of the Smoker.  Logic might suggest that time bubbles might work the same way.  If so, what about placing a smaller slow bubble inside the bigger 1 to exponentially increase the effect.  Do the same with bendalloy bubbles around a space ship and you get faster than light travel.

Except the point of FTL travel is speed. In this example, yes to the rest of the Cosmere, you would travel FTL, but in reality your manipulating time, and for those making the trip a 56 light year trip would still take 56 years at lightspeed.

For those actually making the journey, it would defeat the purpose. 

5 minutes ago, FiveLate said:

Ahh but the speed bubble would move with the ship.....just like the bubbles on the train in BOM.  The ship would be moving at normal speed inside the bubble, it's the bubble that would be moving ftl.

Yeah it is. But in the example I just gave, the ship would arrive in weeks/hours/days and the crew could have had children and grandchildren that are now traveling with them, and needed to bring enough fuel, food, and bendalloy to maintain everything for 56 straight years. 

It's FTL travel that no one would ever want to use. Most circumstances that would require it, like the evacuation of a world, would be better using that method in a short burst to escape whatever caused the need, and then just travel normally as you have to live through the whole time span either way. 

17 hours ago, Calderis said:

Yeah it is. But in the example I just gave, the ship would arrive in weeks/hours/days and the crew could have had children and grandchildren that are now traveling with them, and needed to bring enough fuel, food, and bendalloy to maintain everything for 56 straight years. 

It's FTL travel that no one would ever want to use. Most circumstances that would require it, like the evacuation of a world, would be better using that method in a short burst to escape whatever caused the need, and then just travel normally as you have to live through the whole time span either way. 

Well... What if you create a larger bendalloy bubble around the space ship and a smaller cadmium bubble around the crew members? Theory of Relativity says that, as long as you are in an inertial frame of reference, you cannot determine what you're actually travelling at (very crude but I'm not in the mood to explain it lol). Thus, the crew members won't feel the effects of the bendalloy bubble, as the cadmium bubble is what takes preference.

Now that I think of it, I'm certain Mistborn Era 4 (and Sixth of the Dusk) spaceships are a combination of Bendalloy, Cadmium, Medallions and Ettmetal. I think I'll start a new thread for this, unless someone can confirm I'm really, really wrong lol. 

3 hours ago, TheLordRuler said:

Thus, the crew members won't feel the effects of the Bendalloy bubble, as the Cadmium bubble is what takes preference.

Not quite.

A slider and a pulser are standing near each other and each put up a bubble. [..] they are near enough that their bubbles would overlap what effect would you have?

Brandon Sanderson

The bubbles would overlap and it would be like a Venn diagram (i.e., outside both bubbles-normal time, in sliders bubble-fast time, in pulser's bubble-slow time, in the overlap-normal time).

Your idea with a Cadmium Bubble completely inside a Bendalloy Bubble would cancel out the effect of both bubbles in an area the size of the cadmium bubble. You, and anything outside both bubbles would experience normal time, while the rest of the ship would be faster relative to standard time.

However, now that I'm thinking about it, having the Bendalloy Bubble be the big one is still clever if you could tie it to the ship. Following the math on the wiki page, you would compress 2 minutes of the ship moving at full speed into 15 seconds of actual travel time. You'd still need the 2 minutes worth of fuel, but we're never bypassing fuel of some sort.

Your idea would actually work if you used a big Bendalloy bubble around the whole ship, a Cadmium bubble to cancel out the crew quarters into real-time, and then another Cadmium bubble to actually slow that area so you don't need as much in the way of food supplies.

Edited by The One Who Connects
(I'd give you an upvote but the daily limit hasn't reset yet.)

5 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

Not quite.

Your idea with a Cadmium Bubble completely inside a Bendalloy Bubble would cancel out the effect of both bubbles in an area the size of the cadmium bubble. You, and anything outside both bubbles would experience normal time, while the rest of the ship would be faster relative to standard time.

However, now that I'm thinking about it, having the Bendalloy Bubble be the big one is still clever if you could tie it to the ship. Following the math on the wiki page, you would compress 2 minutes of the ship moving at full speed into 15 seconds of actual travel time. You'd still need the 2 minutes worth of fuel, but we're never bypassing fuel of some sort.

Your idea would actually work if you used a big Bendalloy bubble around the whole ship, a Cadmium bubble to cancel out the crew quarters into real-time, and then another Cadmium bubble to actually slow that area so you don't need as much in the way of food supplies.

Great! Thanks for your input. 

I guess having 3 bubbles would make more sense. As for fuel, I would presume that in Era 4, they would have discovered a way of mass refinement and extraction of most metal, similar to how Aluminium was rare on Earth until electrolysis was developed in the 19th (20th?) century. That would make all metals much more abundant.

Edited by TheLordRuler

54 minutes ago, TheLordRuler said:

As for fuel, I would presume that in Era 4, they would have discovered a way of mass refinement and extraction of most metal, similar to how Aluminium was rare on Earth until electrolysis was developed in the 19th (20th?) century. That would make all metals much more abundant.

I was actually talking about fueling the ship, not the bubbles, but fair point either way.

46 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

I was actually talking about fueling the ship, not the bubbles, but fair point either way.

I'm certain Ettmetal is used in some form or another to propel the spaceships. Maybe in its explosive form, or maybe used in a primer engine. We'll probably get more information in Era 3, where they have probably developed early spaceflight technology. Since time warps so significantly in a speed bubble (factor of 8 apparently), you wouldn't even need to go that fast (relatively speaking) to go FTL.

Apparently, the coppermind says that Bendalloy bubbles compound. So Scadrians could just throw up multiple bubbles to make the space ship faster, while also compounding Cadmium bubbles to make time pass even slower for the crew. There would need to be more Cadmium bubbles than Bendalloy, as they still cancel out.

• Chaos locked this topic