Just now, Bridge Boy said:

I would like to start this off by saying that I am a Hushlander, and am not evil. Sure, maybe I have a taste for the occasional soul of a walnut, but nothing exactly nefarious. Just squirrelly.

Also that I love all of you and will trust you with few reserves. Who needs to obey the GM, right?

Er...You know that the Hushlanders are the evil faction here, right?

Really? I had no idea! I thought the handy-dandy color coding would handle everything. Here, let me fix that. Hushlander. Problem solved!

Edit: Freelander, sorry.

Edited by Bridge Boy
Because I didn't proofread and I'm oblivious

Okay: I will be Roleplaying as a Librarian who just wants to protect the world from all of the dangerous things that don't follow what actually makes sense. 

As Master Namer Smedry walked through the doors of the Library he suddenly found himself somewhere else. He was still in a library, he could still smell the scent of books all around him, and that sweet smell of silence that lingered in the room, but it wasn't his library. 
My talent has suddenly acted up like this since-
A feeling of dread suddenly filled Namer,
Since the last time I was being hunted by the Freeworlders...
So they had found him again, and Namer was not about to sit by and wait for everyone else to come find him, no, he was not going to be found easily.

Now to game talk, not much, cause nothing has happened yet :P Though we still need to be discussing things, or else this first cycle will be exclusively useful for those with abilities (like the Elim's kill) and won't provide much else for those of us who don't have any abilities. 

So the normal day 1 discussion is do we want a day 1 lynch? Ready, set, Discuss!

I am all for a day 1 lynch, I have found that they tend to be very helpful when used correctly, mainly to start gather who is voting on who, and trying to guess out elims from that. 

Also: Open PMs!

1 minute ago, Bridge Boy said:

Really? I had no idea! I thought the handy-dandy color coding would handle everything. Here, let me fix that. Hushlander. Problem solved!

Edit: Freelander, sorry.

I think you mean Free Kingdomer.

The bigger giveaway as to what you meant was that nobody would claim to be in the evil faction.

As for a day 1 lynch: In a game with no detective role, lynching every day is probably the right play.

Edited by Yitzi2

• Alvron locked this topic

I do agree with a day 1 lynch as well. Killing people is always helpful!

In a completely platonic non-evil way, of course.

But at the same time, I don't want to be the guy who his first word of the game is a vote. Which I almost did. And I actually did in a game once. I think I died in the second cycle on that one.

4 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

I think you mean Free Kingdomer.

Is it? One sec.

*Goes and actually reads the rules*

Looks like it's Free-Worlder. Ups. :P

P.S. When I say "read the rules," I mean skim them for the proper term. I haven't actually read them yet. That's a librarian thing to do. And squirrels can't read. Obviously.

Edit: Apologies for the double post. I thought the first one was between Drought and Yitzi. Not intentional, and I'll try to keep from repeating it.

Also: If there's a tie, that can produce a double (or more) lynch.  But that's also more subject to manipulation by Hushlanders...but that sort of manipulation will be fairly obvious (unless done via a Smedry power).  So we need to decide whether we want to try for a double or triple lynch.

EDIT: My mistake about the term; in the books, it's the Free Kingdoms, hence the mistake.

Edited by Yitzi2

Well if we do try to go for a multi-kill, (bonus points!) we run the danger of vote manipulation being used to still only kill one person, as well as possibly killing someone useful. The day 1 lynch is handy do find out where people stand and how they might play, as well as what kind of people they go after. I feel we can accomplish that equally well with a single kill as we might a bigger one.

Edit: I could go back and edit in red if you really want me to, Drought. Aren't I just magnanimous?

Edited by Bridge Boy

7 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

As Master Namer Smedry walked through the doors of the Library he suddenly found himself somewhere else. He was still in a library, he could still smell the scent of books all around him, and that sweet smell of silence that lingered in the room, but it wasn't his library. 
My talent has suddenly acted up like this since-
A feeling of dread suddenly filled Namer,
Since the last time I was being hunted by the Freeworlders...
So they had found him again, and Namer was not about to sit by and wait for everyone else to come find him, no, he was not going to be found easily.

Jack walked into the room.  "What are you doing here?  I can't imagine that many Nalhallans have an interest in Hushlander computer chip specifications."

4 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Jack walked into the room.  "What are you doing here?  I can't imagine that many Nalhallans have an interest in Hushlander computer chip specifications."

Since being randomly thrust into rooms at random times had been a daily occurrence for Namer at one point in his life, he was able to quickly adapt to the situation
"I'm always interested in the new technology that pop up here, so many people in the Free Kingdoms like having everything random and disjointed, but there is a lot that could be learned from these computers that they have here, but I could ask the same question to you."
Namer was still confused though, how did this man peg him as being a Nalhallan so fast? Was it the way he held himself? Or...
Namer looked down at his clothes, and it dawned on him, he was going to need a disguise, and soon.

Just now, DroughtBringer said:

Since being randomly thrust into rooms at random times had been a daily occurrence for Namer at one point in his life, he was able to quickly adapt to the situation
"I'm always interested in the new technology that pop up here, so many people in the Free Kingdoms like having everything random and disjointed, but there is a lot that could be learned from these computers that they have here, but I could ask the same question to you."
Namer was still confused though, how did this man peg him as being a Nalhallan so fast? Was it the way he held himself? Or...
Namer looked down at his clothes, and it dawned on him, he was going to need a disguise, and soon.

Jedal stood in the corner, like he always does. He looked at the strange man Namer, who was inspecting his clothes. He laughed softly, seeing his poor taste in vests.

2 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

"When I immigrated from the Free Kingdoms, the thing I missed most was video games.  Thing is, there's nothing about Hushlander tech in particular that is needed to run video games.  Any Turing-complete system could do it, and silimatic technology certainly qualifies.  So I've been reading up on chip design and working with silimatic engineers to emulate a standard Intel chip using silimatic technology, though I doubt that means much to you.  And now, to celebrate, let's open up a game with a decidedly anti-Librarian bent."  He double-clicked on an icon; a window opened up, and a catchy tune began to play.  (OOC: The game he just started is known as Deadly Rooms of Death, DROD for short.)

And on a high shelf, a small furry rodent gazed on with dark eyes. A click of his fingers, and an inferno burst into life.

And Squirrelmort watched the world burn.

The annoying spider that had been asking about cheese curled up in a ball, startled by the thead's disintegration.

The orange fuzzball pointed and laughed.

Oh yeah, there were weird Tallmanthings below, but they were beneath his notice.

Wow. 20 players. I was thinking this game would only go like, 5 Cycles when I signed up(and then 8 players signed up in the last day or something >>). But eh, I'll make sure to stay active as long as I'm alive, and the more players the more people to lynch all at oncethe better! :P

8 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

"When I immigrated from the Free Kingdoms, the thing I missed most was video games.  Thing is, there's nothing about Hushlander tech in particular that is needed to run video games.  Any Turing-complete system could do it, and silimatic technology certainly qualifies.  So I've been reading up on chip design and working with silimatic engineers to emulate a standard Intel chip using silimatic technology, though I doubt that means much to you.  And now, to celebrate, let's open up a game with a decidedly anti-Librarian bent."  He double-clicked on an icon; a window opened up, and a catchy tune began to play.  (OOC: The game he just started is known as Deadly Rooms of Death, DROD for short.)

"Wow that is really interesting," Namer said as he looked down at his watch, "Oh look at the time, I must be going" and with that Namer left, not looking back, even though there was the slight smell of something burning...

and the more players the more people to lynch all at oncethe better!

We can't just lynch everyone at once...there is way too much librarian control that can be put into place to stop us from actually achieving what we want with that. It could end really, really badly,

Edited by DroughtBringer
Response to Lopen

"So, there I was, cashing in on the face of a duck bill. Sunnova lug-mudder didn't even finish his homemade colgate sandwich- and not the kind you eat for lunch either. Exactly, but day before tomorrow this'll all be rims and raisins in a skunks rear end. I should know, I was in the thick of it- and the stink was just a tailgate front page in line for a seven-o-seven. That's what I would have said before it all went cannons below- but if a ship sinks in this weather, they'll just call it the new Karlos Hlcandor. And, really, that's all there is to it."

Okay: we have 20 players

Assuming every one sets up 1 PM this cycle each player should have an average of 2 PMs

Cycle 2: We have 18 players, everyone has 4 PMs
Cycle 3: We have 16 players, everyone has 6 PMs 
Cycle 4: We have 14 players, everyone has 8 PMs
Cycle 5: We have 12 players, everyone has 10 PMs
Cycle 6: We have 10 players, everyone has 12 PMs
Cycle 7: We have 8 players, everyone has 14 PMs

Okay so looking at that, even with the fact that we will lose players that we have PMs with, we should be roughly able to PM anyone we want cycle 6, which is kinda far down the line. This does not include any role kills, double lynches, or anything else besides the Lynch, and the Elim kill. 

By cycle 7 the game will probably be over, unless we are able to kill any of the elims quickly. I do have some ideas for finding elims, but I am going to wait until the next cycle, as to give the elims a chance to slip up. I will be telling someone that I am decently sure is not an elim what my plan is, as to prevent them from just targeting me and killing me, silencing the ideas. For this idea to work I will need the cooperation of most of the thread, if I can't get that then this idea will not work. 

Roles:
Dancer: Please be careful with who you choose to kill, and even more careful with who you choose to marry. Marrying someone is still a really good idea, so long as it isn't an elim. It would give the village an extra kill.
Ugly: This one could be really dangerous in the hands of an Elim, it could allow someone to pull off a multi lynch last second. If you get the chance to marry someone you trust though, it would definitely come in handy, could help stop multi lynches, or Elim hammers.
Math: See Ugly, applies here as well.
Tripper: This one is possibly the most useful ability that the village has access to, and would allow a smart group of villagers to slow down the elims a lot. Try to marry soon, as it will help prevent people from dying to the elims.
Late: Marry as soon as possible. This ability is the most useful ability that can be given to anyone that the holder deems worth it. If you can give out this power then do it, it will not only delay a village death to the elim, but allow for more discussion throughout the game, that can lead to the village having more information, and being able to win when they otherwise would not be able to. This one 

Librarian: Scan people, make mental notes of who is and isn't a Librarian, but don't just blame someone if they are a librarian...it could end up hurting useful players.

Edited by DroughtBringer
Submitted too soon.

Just now, Bridge Boy said:

So marry as quick as possible? Got it, I'll keep that in mind. People who aren't Smedrys can still marry, right? It just doesn't do anything.

It does prevent you from getting married to someone else. So...we need to play this carefully. If only Smedrys get married than the elims know who to target, and if everyone just marries someone random then we run out of people to give talents to...probably take a cycle or two to plan who to marry, then get married fast.

The strategy discussion for this game sounds so weird out of context... "let's...plan who to marry, then get married fast." :P

As a very contradictory man, I find it is my duty to go completely against what the GM says. Sabanta advises standing back and observing, so by all means, let's immediately rush in and kill Magestar unless we hear from him!

There was a loud crash as something massive slammed into the door, followed by a muffled "Ouch!" The door knob rattled and twisted ineffectually for a minute, and then the door creaked and bulged inwards before finally bursting from its hinges. A massive green creature was pressed up against the doorframe- too large to make out through the opening. It shifted and turned until its head was visible. "Good Afternoon. I say, I am sorry about the door," it roared in a British accent. "They just don't make them like they used to. Might I come in?" 

When nobody objected, the creature pushed its head into the room, followed by an arm. At this point things starting getting tricky. The creature scrabbled and twisted, and after few seconds it managed to squeeze its second arm through the doorway, but now its ribcage was wedged between either side of the doorframe. The creature breathed out all the air in its lungs with a loud "Whhoooogh," then scrambled forward as far as it could. It only made it as far as its hips. The creature gently pulled, strained, shimmied, wiggled, pushed, and pressed, but to no avail. Finally it gave up trying to be delicate and instead just planted its legs and shoved, smashing the sides of the doorframe as it heaved its hips and legs through. After that it's tail followed easily, though the creature was big enough that it had to circle two thirds of the way around the room before its tail finally fit. 

The creature cleared its throat, and said, "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Herbert, though you may call me Herb. As you can see, I am a proud member of the Micropachycephalosaurus species." Herbert doffed the bowler hat he was wearing. The hat, which was regular sized for a human, looked tiny compared to Herbert's massive bulk.

He went on, "All that hullaballoo with the door seems to have worked up my appetite." He reached out a clawed hand, and picked up Orlok by the collar of his coat. "Would it be much of a bother to anyone if I ate this chap?"

Out of character stuff: Yay, this is starting already! FYI I'm pretty busy for the next few days, but my schedule should clear up significantly after Saturday. I'll do my best to keep up with the thread and post when I can. 

Also, day 1 lynches. Yes. For this particular game I am all in favor. It is a quick fix after all- no time to waste talking, just gotta start lynching. 

And I never did give my customary Contribution Crusade speech before the game began, but this is a quick fix so I don't know how much it will be needed. I'll just give the abridged version now:

Everybody signed up for this game to play and have fun. So play the game and have fun. :D Don't abandon it- that's lame. I of all people understand that life can get busy and following the game can get tedious sometimes, but do what you can, post what you can, when you can, and have a good time with this game. One way or another it will be over in about a week or two, so enjoy it while you can!

Edited by Herowannabe
typos

Alex sat quietly in the corner of the library accessing their free wifi(the one good thing about libraries) on her laptop, trying to block out the world around her in order to get her homework done. If only it was as simple as blocking someone online, she thought to herself as she looked around her, paranoid that some weird bookworm would be silently judging her for disliking books (but how could they possibly know she hated books, oh well, paranoia is weird like that) Some movement at the top of a shelf caught her eye, Wait, what the heck? Is that a.......a squirrelshe shrugged, oh well it's not hurting anything (or so she thought, she didn't know about the spider it had just killed). She thought about reporting it, but couldn't be bothered to talk to a librarian.

Every time she'd spoken to one it was always "You should read this, You should read that, Do you ever put that computer down?, Kids today don't appreciate literature."

Ug, ADULTS today don't appreciate technological advances......Ok seriously she was sidetracked again. She had just gained control over her thoughts when a 

Micropachycephalosaurus....... broke the door and was now trying to eat someone?!  Seriously today was weird and it wasn't her fault.

Aren't Micropachy's herbivore's?? She couldn't remember, she had fallen asleep in that class.

Oh well, if he was eating someone he wouldn't be hungry for a long while so there was no reason for her to leave. Back to work.

How do we justify D1 lynches in a QF? Basically you can vote on anyone randomly and it doesn't matter? :P How scary.

Edited by queensteph