On 5/3/2017 at 3:19 PM, A Joe in the Bush said:

These PM’s last forever, but do not rollover if you don’t make one

what does this mean?.....if you don't make a PM it obviously won't rollover bc it doesn't exist so............

On 5/3/2017 at 3:19 PM, A Joe in the Bush said:

The Imperial Moderator for this game is none other than Little Wilson.

What is an Imperial Moderator (sorry if this is a dumb question but idk :P)

2 hours ago, queensteph said:

what does this mean?.....if you don't make a PM it obviously won't rollover bc it doesn't exist so............

What is an Imperial Moderator (sorry if this is a dumb question but idk :P)

If you don't make a pm on cycle 1, you can't make two pm's on cycle 2.

Sorry, that should say impartial moderator. Not imperial. Wilson is the IM, which means if there are any disputes between the GM and a player, or if the GM needs help, she steps in.

Okay: Pregame strategy talk:

If we can only create 1 PM a cycle, and that PM lasts indefinitely then we are going to have to do a few things: 

!. Everyone should try to make a PM with someone. It doesn't matter if you never end up using that PM, but we want to try and keep all of our options open. 
2. Everyone should try to make a PM every cycle, this will build your web of contacts, and allow us to have more opportunities to talk to more people.

If everyone follows this then we should each be able to get an average of 2 PMs a cycle, which means that, assuming that the player count doesn't change much in the next 18 hours, it should be about cycle 4 when everyone has a PM with everyone, meaning that we would have (essentially) open PMing, which will defiantly come in handy down the line. 

Next point: 
Don't trust whatever the librarian research reveals
It can be tempting to just take a gamble with whatever is said here, but the way that statistics work out we end up learning practically nothing. The way this ability should be used is as a piece of small evidence, as a Freeworlder Librarian don't just scan someone and instantly kill them cause they showed up positive, but use it as a "Hey this guy is suspicious, I am going to scan him" It can be used as a data point, not a full scan. (Still has use though)

Final Point:
Don't overly push people to post

Some encouragement can make someone a very active contributor, but  some people just don't play by posting in thread a lot. They may prefer PMs or playing the game lone wolf style. These people should not be lynched because they want to play the game differently than you do. Encourage them to play, but don't tell them how to play.

Edited by DroughtBringer
Replaced needs with shoulds

Alright then. It turns out it’s more difficult to defect than I thought it would be. Knights of Crystalia have the Embassy under observation, and the Ambassadors are followed about anyway by Occulators. I can’t get close enough to them without coming under scrutiny. And leaving Nallhalla is a bust as well. I don’t have my own Glass Dragon to fly about in, and i don’t have the clearance to get a transporter’s box.

So, I have to find an Undercover Librarian agent here in the Capital city, convince them I’m not a spy, and then do whatever it takes to get recruited.

I’ve been thinking about who would be a good pick for the Hushlanders to secretly recruit, and I’ve made a list of likely candidates. The Crystin Council is on there, as are several of my cousins, some government officials, the Archives curator, and my favorite Hotdog Vendor.

I saw a book in his cart, okay? He’s definitely a Librarian.

I’m not quite done with the list yet though. I want to explore a bit more, figure out who else might be a Hushlander agent, before i start to approach people.

Wish me Luck!

Sabanta Smedry

The game will be starting in exactly 13 hours. Signups will end 1 hour before that, and Pm’s will start to go out.Once PM’s go out, you will be allowed to post in any docs that may be included in your PM, and you may start your first PM of the game with another player.

pin_1494457201.png

I will also sign up to this game that I apparently don't want to play, I hope I'm not too late \o\

"Free Kingdom Detective, Agent Deuce, reporting for duty-  everything I say makes complete sense. Rutabaga." Deuce says and flicks a turnip with a police identification badge carved into it out of his long detective coat and holds it up for inspection. His cools sunglasses are probably fake

Edited by Unodus

11 hours ago, DroughtBringer said:

Okay: Pregame strategy talk:

If we can only create 1 PM a cycle, and that PM lasts indefinitely then we are going to have to do a few things: 

!. Everyone should try to make a PM with someone. It doesn't matter if you never end up using that PM, but we want to try and keep all of our options open. 
2. Everyone should try to make a PM every cycle, this will build your web of contacts, and allow us to have more opportunities to talk to more people.

If everyone follows this then we should each be able to get an average of 2 PMs a cycle, which means that, assuming that the player count doesn't change much in the next 18 hours, it should be about cycle 4 when everyone has a PM with everyone, meaning that we would have (essentially) open PMing, which will defiantly come in handy down the line. 

Next point: 
Don't trust whatever the librarian research reveals
It can be tempting to just take a gamble with whatever is said here, but the way that statistics work out we end up learning practically nothing. The way this ability should be used is as a piece of small evidence, as a Freeworlder Librarian don't just scan someone and instantly kill them cause they showed up positive, but use it as a "Hey this guy is suspicious, I am going to scan him" It can be used as a data point, not a full scan. (Still has use though)

Final Point:
Don't overly push people to post

Some encouragement can make someone a very active contributor, but  some people just don't play by posting in thread a lot. They may prefer PMs or playing the game lone wolf style. These people should not be lynched because they want to play the game differently than you do. Encourage them to play, but don't tell them how to play.

Note: Due to the Jewish Sabbath, I will be unable to post on cycle 3; unless Joe lets me compensate by making an extra PM on cycle 2 that can't say anything of substance on cycle 4 (that way it won't have an advantage over a cycle-3 PM in terms of earlier communication or later decision of whom to make it with) I'll have to miss one PM; that shouldn't be too problematic.

26 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Note: Due to the Jewish Sabbath, I will be unable to post on cycle 3; unless Joe lets me compensate by making an extra PM on cycle 2 that can't say anything of substance on cycle 4 (that way it won't have an advantage over a cycle-3 PM in terms of earlier communication or later decision of whom to make it with) I'll have to miss one PM; that shouldn't be too problematic.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Droughts plan would only work out on the timeline he described it if no one gets lynched/ killed by the elims anyway (and neatly divides their PM's around, rather than everyone contacting Lopen or Orlok C1). I'm not saying its a bad plan (I'd been planning on suggesting something like this in my first post of the game), just that the expectation to have everyone talking to everyone by C4 is a bit unrealistic.

Edited by randuir

I... probably shouldn't be doing this, but I do have, as of tomorrow, only one assignment left in the entirety of high school and half a final (which is Friday). :D So I should be able to make time to play. 

That said, I doubt I'll be active for most of the first cycle, since the reason I have nothing due after tomorrow is that everything is due tomorrow. >>

I'll be Ella, I think. 

On 5/3/2017 at 4:19 PM, A Joe in the Bush said:

You don’t want to play this game

Q. How many actions can I take per cycle?
A: 1 vote, 1 non vote action.

Q: Does the Knight kill count as an Action?
A: Yes. It can be roleblocked, and protected against.

Q: Can the Tripper protect people from the Dancer? Can the Tripper roleblock the Dancer?
A: No to both. Nothing can affect the Dancer.

Q: Are there any secret Rules, Mechanic, or Roles?
A: Not intentionally.

Q: Do the Knights of Crystalia know each other's Identities?
A: No.

Q: What's the Point of the Librarian Role?
A: Amusement on my part mostly. I look forward to the shenanigans that the Hushlanders will pull with that role.

Q: Can a Tripper self protect?
A: Yes, but they would roleblock them self, canceling that protection.

Sadly, you're right. I don't want to play this game.

So I won't.

I will spectate, though.

6 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

I will allow you to make two PM's on Cycle 2. One of them must be labeled Cycle 3, and can contain only the words <Not to be posted in until Cycle 3>

15 minutes of signups left.

8 minutes ago, Arinian said:

I don't have any chance to kill Joe in this game so... I will spectate. 

=P =P =P

3 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Could I spectate?

Yes, you both can.

EDIT: Also, signups are now closed.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Cycle 1: Why are you on the List?

Wow, I messed up baddly.

So, I wrote down the 20 people i thought might be Hushlanders, right? And why i thought they might be. And then I accidentally lost the List. And then King Dartmoor picked it up. And now he’s starting a Librarian hunt, so all the people i pointed out are now under heavy suspicion.

Right then Sabanta, keep your courage up. You can still do this, and now, you have the full weight of the king behind you, kind of. I mean, they’re looking for the Hushlanders to capture them, and I’m looking for them to join them, but if I piggy back on their investigation, i should be able to figure out who is a Hushlander before they get executed.

Now then, who to start with first? I guess I better just observe the proceedings, and try to figure out from how they’re acting.

Unfortunately, Sabanta Smedry

And the game is afoot! Remember, anyone can get married, only 1 pm per cycle, no copy/pasting, and don’t trust people! Have fun!

Player List:

1. Bridge Boy   (Squirrelmort) A Squirrel wearing glasses and wizard robes.
  2. Magestar   (Ratsegam the Bold) A man who was Tagged
  3. Seonid   (Shem Smedry) The master of the Archives.
  4. Cloudjumper   (Fodder) A hard to distinguish man
  5. Ecthelion III   (Aaron) A very contradictory man
  6. Yitzi2   (Jack) A Videogame Engineer
  7. Ornstein   (Pavelock) A Physiologist who trains locks.
  8. Herowannabe   (Herbert) a Micropachycephalosaurus (type of dinosaur) scholar who delights in regaling people with obscure trivia, usually about his own species.
  9. DroughtBringer   (Master Namer Smedry) A Smedry with a talent for not being around when needed.
  10. BrightnessRadiant   (Jemma) A Completely not Evil Bibliophile
  11. Randuir   (Rand) Not the Chosen One of an Ancient world ending Prophesy.
  12. TheMightyLopen   (Celica) A Seemingly Naive little girl.
  13. OrlokTsubodai   (Orlok) An average citizen who does his best to ignore politics.
  14. Queensteph   (Alex) A Girl who despises, and is despised by, Librarians
  15. Sart   (Thomas) An Occulator with a n extensive collection.
  16. _stick_   (Stick) A Mokia native.
  17. Unodus   (Agent Deuce) A detective, skilled at sleuthing out criminals.
  18. Elbereth   (Ella) A cute, innocent little girl)
  19. Cluny the Scourge   (Cluny) A collector of books and Lard
  20. Jedal   (Jedal)  a Guy with good tastes.

I would like to start this off by saying that I am a Hushlander, and am not evil. Sure, maybe I have a taste for the occasional soul of a walnut, but nothing exactly nefarious. Just squirrelly.

Also that I love all of you and will trust you with few reserves. Who needs to obey the GM, right?