Yes, I would hope it would be obvious.  Next question: Do you currently have the power Bad at Math?  (Not that it can have much effect on swinging the vote; it costs your own vote to use it, so it won't let you overcome 3 people voting in unison.)

19 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Ok: Am I a Hushlander?

EDIT: (Also, I know that lying in an SE game is allowed; are promises different?)

Clarify? Promises can be broken. There's no rule stopping that. If you're an elim and promise to protect a villager, it's considered fine to break that promise and let that person die. That said, breaking your promise as a villager, or as an outed eliminator, is not considered good form. And I try not to lie as an eliminator, anyway. Every viewpoint I've put forth in this game is the truth, as far as I remember. 

As of this moment, I do not possess the talent Bad at Math. 

Also, I have a question. What's your favourite colour? :P 

Well, I could say that I considered giving you the title of Honorary Eliminator in the dead doc? But you've unfortunately done a bit too much to our detriment to think about that, even at this point. 

How about the origin of your name? (No reason for this one except pure curiosity.)

Orlok stared at the girl who had just come up and proposed to him unexpectedly. "Um... sure?" he said, hesitant but incapable of refusing the pleading in her face.

Her face lit up with joy, and his confusion slowly turned into a smile. He still hadn't the faintest idea what was happening, but so long as she was this happy, he couldn't help but be glad in response.

Elbereth.

I'd like to apologise to everyone for not having been active this game. My health and stress have been consistently very poor this last week, but I'm now somewhat better.

46 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Well, I could say that I considered giving you the title of Honorary Eliminator in the dead doc? But you've unfortunately done a bit too much to our detriment to think about that, even at this point. 

How about the origin of your name? (No reason for this one except pure curiosity.)

"Yitzi" is a shortened form of my real name; the first account I made on 17th Shard was lost to a bad password recovery system (I didn't get the email even with multiple retries), hence "Yitzi2".

Here's a bigger one: There were 4 elims and then you recruited one, for 5 in total: BR, DB, you, Lopen, and I presume Ornstein (your post when he came back sounds in retrospect a lot like admonishing a teammate, just as you did to DB at the end of last cycle).  Of those 5, which was the convert?

2 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Ah, I was curious why there were two of you. Interesting. 

Hah. I, actually, was the last to sign up for the evil team. :P 

You're making the assumption that there are five of us, though. No comment. :) 

Ooh ooh can I play too?

based on what you just said, if I ate all the players remaining in the game, how many Eliminators would I have eaten (counting Drought as the first one)?

...you know, I was going to give that a PAFO when Yitzi asked, just for the sake of paranoia, but that question is just too excellent. And clever. You even said player so I couldn't include Sabaneta in the tally. :( I mean, I could define 'remaining in the game' from a timestamp of my choosing, but that's probably a bit much. 

Fine. You'd have eaten three. :P 

Why did you even play this game in the first place?

Dear Diary, no, dear journal, no. . .

. . .

Shatter this. This diary is just a written confession if it falls into the wrong hands. I’ve matured enough, I don’t need this anymore.

Regretfully, Sabaneta Smedry

She looked at the final entry, thinking for a long moment, then nodded, and closed the cover. She slid it into the middle of the scorched wooden table, and looked up at the still dazed Orlok. “Hey? Locky? Lock Dart? You awake yet?”

He blinked a few times, his eyes slowly focusing on her. He shuddered once, hugging himself with bloodstained fingers. “Yeah, Sorry.”

“There’s nothing to apologize for. I got us into this mess, I’ll take the responsibility. You just stay here, ok?”

He looked away, self consciously wiping some ash off his pant legs. “Thank you. Are you, no, I don’t want to know.”

Sabaneta’s eyes dropped to the paper, ripped and smeared with Ink, but still readable. It was the page for tomorrow, from her diary. Ella’s tiny handwriting filled the page. A plan, 6 months in the making, was written on it. Long before Sabaneta and Orlok had decided to defect, Ella had planned out every last move. Including their own death’s before the fulfillment of the plan.

Hello Sabaneta, if you’re reading this, then Plan Silicon-02 is in effect. I regret this plan, but it’s the one that is certain to work, if Jack and Rand are as clever as I fear they are. Right now I’m going to murder Celia’s Sister. The last of the trio will die, and they will be unable to stop you.

Ella spun the knife around and around her thumb, hoping that Sabaneta had actually, foolishly, taken the time to make another entry in her diary. If not, everything up till now had been a senseless waste. But if she didn’t die now, Sabaneta wouldn’t be able to go through with it. But there was no way to check. If she did, she would run out of time. The fire had to be set, and the Crowd had to see her watching it.

She sighed, carefully pulled out a single pair of Firestormer’s Lenses, and focused. She had to start 6 fires simultaneously. All around Alex’s Apartment. She had to leave her a way out, or her talent would activate before hand, and warn her of the danger. It took all of her will as an occulator, but she managed it.

A Couch in the apartment next door ignited. A stove across the hall. Alex’s bed behind her, where Master Namer had once slept. Some curtains, the window in the hall, the back door. All paths through the building were blocked, except the door that lead out to the alley. Smoke began to pour from the building, but no people. Ella was here to save people, not kill them. They had all been invited to a very exclusive party across the city. But she hadn’t cleared the surrounding buildings, and people were beginning to yell and call for help. She reached into her hands and pulled out a pair of pale blue Lenses. Windrunner Lenses.

Finally, the door opened, Alex crashing to the ground, having tripped into it, shattering the steel deadbolt somehow. Smedry talents like her’s were incredibly difficult to deal with. They were prescient, saving their owners from threats before they even understood the threats. It usually took another talent to beat one, Like what Herbert had done, But Ella was no Smedry.

She could control gravity though.

She activated the Lenses as Alex began to scramble to her feet. Rather than standing, she accidently pushed herself into the air, and began to spasm about, panicking in her newfound weightlessness.

“Alex.” Ella’s voice snapped out, making the woman focus in on her. “Apologize to your sisters and husband for me please.” She stepped forward, and slashed her dagger through her unprotectable throat.

There was a scream behind her, and shouts of murder! Ella sighed, dropping both dagger and glasses, the last of the lopens falling to the ground beside them. Her part was done. The rest was up to Sabaneta and Jack.

Shortly after that, I will be killed by a mob of angry neighbors. But, this will be the last piece of evidence that Jack needs to know that Pavelock is one of us. He will be heading there now.

You need to go to Pavelock’s house, wait until he is inside, and bar the doors. Pavelock’s Home security will take care of the rest.I know it will be hard for you, you were never meant for this work, but if you can do it, and I know you can, you’ll never need to hurt anyone else ever again.

I believe in you. Please, don’t let us all die for nothing. We can save the world, if you can bring yourself to Kill Jack.

Sabaneta squeezed her eyes shut, grabbed the paper, and crunched it in her hand. Next to her diary, was a Glass Padlock. Orlok had given it to her, claiming that Ella had given it to him for her safekeeping. He didn’t know what it was for. But she did. Oh Glass she knew. She grabbed it, and left the building, leaving Orlok alone in the dark.

King Dartmoor, Ruler of Nallhalla, and leader of the Council of Kings, read through the list once again. 20 suspected Hushlander Agents Sabaneta had found. 19 of them were now dead, in coma’s missing, or in prison. The Last of them, his son, and heir to the throne, Orlok Dartmoor had only just now returned to the palace from where he had been hiding.. He had refused Knight protection, citing the fact that two different Council members were Suspected hushlanders. But with them gone, he was prepared to once again take on his royal duties as the prince.

Strange though, that he had brought Sabaneta with him, citing her as a faithful friend, and one who had protected him from all manner of Hushlander agents. Still, surely there was nothing to fear from His sone and a young Smedry girl. And with Ella, the Leader of the Hushlander infiltrators gone, he could stop worrying. Yes, all was right now. The war would still continue, but they were safe for another day. The Hushlanders would not take Nalhalla today.

The Hushlanders have won! By the skin of their teeth!

Only Orlok and Yitzi survived, which puts it at a 1 to 1 tie, so rather than continuing for another cycle, i decided to end it now, since Yitzi cannot kill Orlok through any means.

Congratulations to both teams though. The villagers very nearly managed to pull off a win against overwhelming odds, but gambled on the wrong eliminator.

Post game thoughts will be posted tomorrow, as will the master spreadsheet, which needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Dead Spec Doc

Knight Doc

Hushlander Doc

Free Worlders:

1. Sart   Killed by Knights C1: Freeworlder!
  2. Bridge Boy   Lynched C1: Freeworlder! Smedry: Looking Ugly
  3. Cloudjumper   Lynched Cycle 2: Freeworlder! Knight
  4. Cluny the Scourge   Killed by Knights C2: Freeworlder!
  5. _stick_   Killed by Hushlanders C2: Freeworlder! Librarian!
  6. Magestar   Lynched C3: Freeworlder!
  7. Seonid   Killed by Hushlanders C2: Freeworlder! Librarian!
  8. Ecthelion III   Lynched C4: Freeworlder!
  9. Unodus   Killed C5 by Randuir: Freeworlder!
  10. Randuir   Killed C5 by Hushlanders, Died C6 FreeworlderSmedry with a Talent for Arriving Late and Dancing
  11. Jedal    Freeworlder!
  12. Herowannabe   Lynched C6 Freeworlder Smedry with a Talent for Dancing and Arriving Late
  13. Ornstein   Killed by Knights c6 Freeworlder! Smedry:Bad at Math
  14. Queensteph   Killed by Elims C6 Freeworlder! Smedry: Tripping
  15. Yitzi2   Survived, but outnumbered Freeworlder! Knight

Hushlanders:

1. BrightnessRadiant   Killed by Knights C4: Hushlander Knight!
  2. DroughtBringer   Killed C5 by Herowannabe: Hushlander Librarian Smedry Tripping
  3. The MightyLopen   Killed C5 by the Knights:Hushlander Knight Librarian!
  4. Elbereth   Lynched C6 Hushlander Librarian
  5. OrlokTsubodai   Survived! Hushlander

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Will likely post more thoughts later when not dealing with rollover, but - 1. Joe that was an excellent writeup 2. Yitzi, I wasn't actually thinking about making you honorary elim at the time (that particular one was very carefully phrased, as was the me-converting one (people need to be better at technicalities >>)), but you revealing you were more suspicious of Ornstein than Orlok is what won me the game. So thanks! :P 

Well played, all. This was the best game I can remember in quite a while, and I loved the last couple cycles particularly. Logic and strategising against everyone else like that was so much fun. 

And thanks, Joe! Wonderful game, as always. :) 

Wait, couldn't

4 hours ago, Elbereth said:

Will likely post more thoughts later when not dealing with rollover, but - 1. Joe that was an excellent writeup 2. Yitzi, I wasn't actually thinking about making you honorary elim at the time (that particular one was very carefully phrased, as was the me-converting one (people need to be better at technicalities >>)), but you revealing you were more suspicious of Ornstein than Orlok is what won me the game. So thanks! :P 

Well played, all. This was the best game I can remember in quite a while, and I loved the last couple cycles particularly. Logic and strategising against everyone else like that was so much fun. 

And thanks, Joe! Wonderful game, as always. :) 

Oh, I knew you weren't thinking of making me honorary elim.  (That phrasing was too suspicious.)

I actually wanted you to know that I was more supicious of Ornstein, as I was hoping that you would therefore expect us to trip you or Ornstein and therefore have Orlok send in the kill...and Orlok was the trip target.

How did the knowledge of whom I was more suspicious of win you the game?

Also, what was the real reason you asked me my favorite color?

Edited by Yitzi2