You don’t want to play this game.

No really, there are plenty of far better games to play than this one. Games that take place in the Cosmere, or Starwars, or I hear that Herowannabe is making an MLP game? Seriously, that game will be a lot funner than this one. This one doesn’t have Lightsabers, or Ponies, or even killing! It just has some namby-pamby sleep sticks and weird looking glasses.

But, since I can’t discourage you from playing this game, I might as well tell you something about it. My Country, Nallhalla, has been infiltrated by Hushlander Spies. They’re still following Biblioden’s teachings, about how the world is scary, so we should ignore it, and not learn anything. They’re trying to put you to sleep. That’s not a Euphemism, they’re literally going to put all dissenters into Coma’s. But hey, as long as you’re woke, they can’t win.

But, they’re not going to lose unless you can capture them, or put them in coma’s. Coma’s are a *very* civilized way of fighting. Much better than the barbarous guns and swords that can only kill people. So, you know. Get your friends together, hold them down, and zap up with a sleep spear. Or just punch them really hard. Or they’ll do the same to you.

Luckily for us Free Worlders, we’ve got help. Those rascally, Devilishly handsome Smedry’s are on our side! They’re all talented, and deserve to rule the world, but they’re nice and don’t. Some of them can Dance really badly (I once saw Folsom punch a guy into a Coma on accident once.) While others can do things like trip, or look ugly.

Oh! And we have a bunch of knights on our side! An honourable order of Paladins, tinted blue, who are extremely lawful: The Sapphire Guard The Knights of Crystalia! They’re lead by an incorruptible council of three, who can legally capture and hold people for indefinite periods of time. And there’s absolutely no way any of them are Working for the Librarians. Nope! All safe roles them. Definitely. . .

Anyway, our last resource are the defectors, who were won over by our beauty and grace, and decided that they wanted to live here in Nallhalla, without elevators, or complex machinery, or video games, or, convenience stores. . . Man, I kind of want to defect to the Librarians now. But Smedries would never defect, so i can’t. Right?

*Off-stage whispering*

Oh! I’m being told I can defect. That’s cool. Uh, I just remembered, I have to go, uh, bake a casserole, yes. I’ll definitely be back later, and not at the head of a librarian Army. Bye!

With love, Sabaneta Smedry

Actual Rules:

Housekeeping

• Cycles are 24 hours long, with an hour gap between them.
  • Rollover Times:

Signups end:

gra_1494453600.png

Game Begins:
https://pending.me.uk/cd/gra_1494457200.png

Cycle 1 ends

gra_1494543600.png

Cycle 2 begins

gra_1494547200.png

Cycle 2 ends

gra_1494633600.png

Cycle 3 begins

gra_1494637200.png

And so on.

• There is a Two Vote minimum to lynch a player
  • Ties result in all tied players being lynched.
  • There is a Lynch every Cycle.
  • You can Start 1 PM per cycle. These PM’s last forever, but do not rollover if you don’t make one. Please title them “QF23: <Your name> <Cycle made>: <Literally anything you want to put here>”
  • The Impartial Moderator for this game is none other than Little Wilson.

Factions:

Free-Worlders: Classic Village team. Has to kill all the Hushlanders to win. Starts without any information on who the other Free-Worlders are.

Hushlanders:  Classic Mafia Team. Has to kill or outnumber all the Free Worlders to win. Has a Group Doc, Faction kill, and a 1 use Conversion.

Knights of Crystalia: All three of these players have another alignment, of Hushlander or Free worlder. This faction has an anonymous doc, and shares a group kill. When one of them dies, a new player is added, becoming the third member.

Roles:

None of these roles are safe. All of them can be given to members of any faction. Players can have a Smerdy talent and a Librarian Role, but cannot start with two Smedry Talents.

Smedry Talents:

Only one of each Smerdy exists at the beginning of the game, but they can propose to a player, and if that player accepts, the other player will receive an identical copy of the talent. Divorce and Polygamy are illegal.

Dancing Really Badly: The Smedry with this talent can once in the game, kill a player. They can kill this player at any time, by posting the words “I open my Music box, dance really badly, and kill <Target name here.>” That player may no longer post in the thread. I will confirm afterwards that the Dancer was indeed a dancer. If a player without this role attempts to do this, They will be struck on the head by randomly falling debris, and die.

Looking Ugly: The Smedry with this talent can impersonate someone, adding an extra vote to someone, in addition to their own.

Bad at Math: The Smedry with this talent can cancel a vote of her choice. But her vote is canceled as well.

Tripping: The Smedry with this talent can knock down a person, protecting them from Hushlander and Knight kills, but also roleblocking their action. Trippers be roleblocked or protected by themselves or other Trippers.

Arriving Late: When the Smedry with this talent dies, he doesn’t. He dies exactly 24 hours later., even if killed by the Dancer.

Librarians: These players have Librarian training, and can detect other players with Librarian training. There are Hushlanders without this ability, and there are Freeworlders with this ability. This is not an alignment scanner.

Player List:

1. Bridge Boy   (Squirrelmort) A Squirrel wearing glasses and wizard robes.
  2. Magestar   (Ratsegam the Bold) A man who was Tagged
  3. Seonid   (Shem Smedry) The master of the Archives.
  4. Cloudjumper   (Fodder) A hard to distinguish man
  5. Ecthelion III   (Aaron) A very contradictory man
  6. Yitzi2   (Jack) A Videogame Engineer
  7. Ornstein   (Pavelock) A Physiologist who trains locks. 
  8. Herowannabe   (Herbert) a Micropachycephalosaurus (type of dinosaur) scholar who delights in regaling people with obscure trivia, usually about his own species. 
  9. DroughtBringer   (Master Namer Smedry) A Smedry with a talent for not being around when needed.
  10. BrightnessRadiant   (Jemma) A Completely not Evil Bibliophile
  11. Randuir   (Rand) Not the Chosen One of an Ancient world ending Prophesy.
  12. TheMightyLopen   (Celica) A Seemingly Naive little girl.
  13. OrlokTsubodai   (Orlok) An average citizen who does his best to ignore politics.
  14. Queensteph   (Alex) A Girl who despises, and is despised by, Librarians
  15. Sart   (Thomas) An Occulator with a n extensive collection.
  16. _stick_   (Stick) A Mokia native.
  17. Unodus   (Agent Deuce) A detective, skilled at sleuthing out criminals.
  18. Elbereth   (Ella) A cute, innocent little girl)
  19. Cluny the Scourge   (Cluny) A collector of books and Lard

Spectator List: (Btw, Spectators have no influence on the game, and cannot be targeted.)

1. Alcatraz
  2. Mr. Sanderson himself
  3. Little Wilson

Signups end:

gra_1494453600.png

Quick Links:

FAQ/Rule Clarifications:

Q. How many actions can I take per cycle?
A: 1 vote, 1 non vote action.

Q: Does the Knight kill count as an Action?
A: Yes. It can be roleblocked, and protected against.

Q: Can the Tripper protect people from the Dancer? Can the Tripper roleblock the Dancer?
A: No to both. Nothing can affect the Dancer.

Q: Are there any secret Rules, Mechanic, or Roles?
A: Not intentionally.

Q: Do the Knights of Crystalia know each other's Identities?
A: No.

Q: What's the Point of the Librarian Role?
A: Amusement on my part mostly. I look forward to the shenanigans that the Hushlanders will pull with that role.

Q: Can a Tripper self protect?
A: Yes, but they would roleblock them self, canceling that protection.

Edited by Alvron
Player List

This game looks short and pretty fun. Just what I needed!

Note: I'm on vacation while working for the next few weeks, so my free time might be a little iffy. I should be able to get on for at least 10 minutes every day but Sunday though. Unless this lasts into next weekend, when I'm dead for three days. So kill me fast.

I'll sign up as Squirrelmort, the squirrelliest wizard of all the coast. He also has glasses.

Edit: just realized this game is starting virtually 16 hours before aforementioned dead spot. So I guess I'll be somewhat dead at the beginning, but should warm up more afterwards.

Edited by Bridge Boy

I hate QFs. I hate them with a passion. They run too fast, and they take too much time, and so on and so forth.

That said. I hate being mocked even more. So I'll sign up.

Shem Smedry (no relation to my previous Shem character) is a caretaker of the Royal Archives* (NOT A LIBRARY!!!!) of Nalhalla. And he's definitely not a Librarian agent, and definitely doesn't have a suspicious affinity towards collections of books. Not at all. Never. And I'll deny it forever.

I will play as Jack, an immigrant from the Hushlands who's been working with some silimatic engineers and just finished developing a chip capable of running at least some Hushlands video games.

Edited by Yitzi2

You're right, I probably don't want to play this game. But I'm going to anyway because it looks fun. 

Sign me up as Herbert, a Micropachycephalosaurus (type of dinosaur) scholar who delights in regaling people with obscure trivia, usually about his own species. 

a few questions for the GM:

what is meant by the knights of Crystia having an "anonymous" doc? Does that mean they don't know the identities of the other Knights, but can still communicate with them?

and isn't it supposed to be "The Knights of Crystalia"?

What exactly is the point of the Librarian role? If I'm reading it right it will tell you if someone else is a librarian, but won't reveal alignment or any other powers, and players from any faction can be a Librarian, right? So.... isn't that kind of pointless?

"Trippers cannot trip trippers." This means they cannot trip themselves, right?

how many trippers could a tripper trip if a tripper could trip trippers?

"A Smerdy talent and a Librarian Role, but cannot have start with two Smedry Talents." obviously there's a typo there, but which one is right? Basically, if someone with a Smedry Talent marries another smedry, do they get each others' talents in addition to their own?

I take it that PMs are not allowed (aside from the hushlander and Knight docs), right?

2 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

what is meant by the knights of Crystia having an "anonymous" doc? Does that mean they don't know the identities of the other Knights, but can still communicate with them?

Yes, all three Knights start in a doc, and do not know who each other are.

and isn't it supposed to be "The Knights of Crystalia"?

Oops.

What exactly is the point of the Librarian role? If I'm reading it right it will tell you if someone else is a librarian, but won't reveal alignment or any other powers, and players from any faction can be a Librarian, right? So.... isn't that kind of pointless?

Pointless? Nah. It's far more likely for a Hushlander to be a Librarian then a Freeworlder. A Hushlander has a 1 in 2 chance of being a Librarian, and Freeworlders have a 1 in 6 chance of being a Librarian.

"Trippers cannot trip trippers." This means they cannot trip themselves, right?

Yes, but also Tripper A cannot Trip Tripper B. I'm not getting into paradoxical Roleblocks.

how many trippers could a tripper trip if a tripper could trip trippers?

Only 1, since there will be at most 2.

"A Smerdy talent and a Librarian Role, but cannot have start with two Smedry Talents." obviously there's a typo there, but which one is right? Basically, if someone with a Smedry Talent marries another smedry, do they get each others' talents in addition to their own?

Canot Start with 2 talents. If two smedries marry, they'll both get two talents.

I take it that PMs are not allowed (aside from the hushlander and Knight docs), right?

You may start one PM per day. This PM may have infinite players in it, or only one.

You said that Hushlanders are 1/2 chance to be Librarians, and Freeworlders are 1/6.  What are the chances for each of being a Smedry, and of being a Knight, and what is the approximate ratio between Hushlanders and Librarians?  (And how do the three roles impact the chances of belonging to the others, if at all?)

Because there are only 5 starting smedries, and 3 starting knights, regardless of player numbers, the actual chances of being a Smedry or a Knight cannot be determined until signups end. It also depends on how many hushlanders there are.

I'm using the Square root ration of Eliminators to Villagers, rounding down. So if 15 players sign up, there will be 3 hushlanders. if 16 sign up, 4 will be hushlanders.

If you roll as a smedry, and then roll as another roll, such as librarian or knight, i will reroll whether or not you keep the Librarian or Knight role, and take the 2nd role.

Also Note: Marriages are publicly announced. Two non Smedries can get married as well.

14 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Because there are only 5 starting smedries, and 3 starting knights, regardless of player numbers, the actual chances of being a Smedry or a Knight cannot be determined until signups end. It also depends on how many hushlanders there are.

I'm using the Square root ration of Eliminators to Villagers, rounding down. So if 15 players sign up, there will be 3 hushlanders. if 16 sign up, 4 will be hushlanders.

If you roll as a smedry, and then roll as another roll, such as librarian or knight, i will reroll whether or not you keep the Librarian or Knight role, and take the 2nd role.

Also Note: Marriages are publicly announced. Two non Smedries can get married as well.

And once signups end, you'll post the rates for Smedries and Knights, and for the rerolls?

20 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

I'm considering signing up for this...I am reading the first book right now just for your game :P @A Joe in the Bush

Although technically I was gonna read it eventually anyways :lol:

You won't be disappointed. 

About the book that is. If the GM is to be trusted this game will surely disappoint. 

11 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

You won't be disappointed. 

About the book that is. If the GM is to be trusted this game will surely disappoint. 

The GM is delberately hiding the OoA. The GM is not to be trueated.

11 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Brandon Sanderson is spectating this? :o

We're pen pals.

So, it seems like I'll have space in my schedule for this game after all. Sign me up as Rand, a guy who was born in raised in Nallhalla, and has absolutely nothing to do with ancient prophecies and has no intention of ever leaving his country for adventures elsewhere.

Edited by randuir