Audio upload

I'm afraid it's not an option. There are no technical obstacles to let anyone upload big audio files to the site, but we have limited resources. We would soon run out of space on the server if anyone could upload big files. 

17th Shard is run on Chaos's wallet IIRC, so we can't afford to offer you such option.

What device do you have? Are there no file sharing apps available? OneDrive, Dropbox? SoundCloud? Google drive is not the only option. 

I'm going to look into this, seeing if this is possible. 

@Mestiv I don't anticipate storage is a big deal. I wouldn't expect such uploads to happen too regularly but I can see the use of just posting it here directly. 

I will look into technical stuff and determine whether this is possible, first off :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks much. I run the scouttrax.org server and I totally understand budgeting issues When you run a site that doesn't charge. I'm on an iPad from 2012, and Dropbox is normally my go to, but I filled mine up. Google drive is sooo laggy that I'm running at less than a frame per second. No idea why. Sound cloud is something I'm working on signing up for, but it might be a few days as I have a big theatre preformance coming up and most of my time is taken up by rehearsal. Onedrive and I are having technical issues because my account was only partially set up when our power went out, and now my account exists but is inaccessible. Still working on it. I'm looking into some others, but haven't had time to properly vet them.