So..... umm..... hello?

Accalia

1 minute ago, yamikuronue said:

Oi! Are you stalking me ;) 

no, but you said you found a place to play Mafia, and we *do* need to play test the latest release of the mafia plugin.... I figured the fine folks here might want to help once we get the release ready for user acceptance testing.....

that and the community sounded interesting.

1 minute ago, DroughtBringer said:

Mafia bot? Go check out Sanderson Elimination under role play..

Yep. though it doesn't support all the roles i've seen played here, in fact the only role it is capable of automatically handling other than the standard "one person one vote" type roles is the "doublevoter" type role.

Also i need to write a new adaptor layer to interface the framework with this forum as it does not currently support IPS. Wheeeeeeeeee! a new problem that can be solved by throwing code at it! :-D

1 minute ago, DroughtBringer said:

Also what Sanderson have you read?

uhh........ i'm working my way through mistborn..... slowly.

i have a *REALLY* long list of books to read next and sanderson comprises about..... half that stack of books?

if that stack gets much bigger i can start using it as a second desk..... >_>

29 minutes ago, Accalia said:

Yep. though it doesn't support all the roles i've seen played here, in fact the only role it is capable of automatically handling other than the standard "one person one vote" type roles is the "doublevoter" type role.

Also i need to write a new adaptor layer to interface the framework with this forum as it does not currently support IPS. Wheeeeeeeeee! a new problem that can be solved by throwing code at it! :-D

uhh........ i'm working my way through mistborn..... slowly.

i have a *REALLY* long list of books to read next and sanderson comprises about..... half that stack of books?

if that stack gets much bigger i can start using it as a second desk..... >_>

A second desk would be nice...and I completely understand that i have a large list of books to read as well.

If you would like to join us down in Sanderson Elimination we would love to have you, a really cool game is starting soon (LG33) that will be a blast to play...but a bot for that would be kinda hard to make methinks...

Also, welcome to the community! Tis a pleasure to have you here! (Can't believe I forgot to do that in my first post)

2 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

What all do your bots do?

Well.... whatever i want them to really....

I have one that i call "@zoidberg" that replies to people who mention him with random zoidberg quotes.

I can also set up one that does randomizations, stuff like "pick a number from x to y" or "from this list of things pick 5 of them randomly" or "shuffle this list of things" which is useful for randomly assigning players to roles when one has a spectator gallery and wishes to avoid accusations of "stacking the deck" (which is likely not an issue here, but it's still fun and convenient)

then there's the plugin that handles mafia, it tracks votes! so a player could say `@vote for @FredTheGodfather` and the bot would track that vote so that anyone can see who voted for whom when.

it also handles auto lynching someone once quorum is achieved (# live players + 1)/ 2 voting for a single person and some other things.

as for other things that could be wanted..... well what do you want them to do?

44 minutes ago, Accalia said:

Well.... whatever i want them to really....

I have one that i call "@zoidberg" that replies to people who mention him with random zoidberg quotes.

I can also set up one that does randomizations, stuff like "pick a number from x to y" or "from this list of things pick 5 of them randomly" or "shuffle this list of things" which is useful for randomly assigning players to roles when one has a spectator gallery and wishes to avoid accusations of "stacking the deck" (which is likely not an issue here, but it's still fun and convenient)

then there's the plugin that handles mafia, it tracks votes! so a player could say `@vote for @FredTheGodfather` and the bot would track that vote so that anyone can see who voted for whom when.

it also handles auto lynching someone once quorum is achieved (# live players + 1)/ 2 voting for a single person and some other things.

as for other things that could be wanted..... well what do you want them to do?

Heh...our games have a lot of different roles. If you had joined earlier I would try recruiting you to help with LG33...it's gonna be intense...

Hmm...so we currently use a RNG to determine roles, but if the voting bot worked things would be really cool, and would make things easier for players and GMs alike.

Just now, DroughtBringer said:

Hmm...so we currently use a RNG to determine roles, but if the voting bot worked things would be really cool, and would make things easier for players and GMs alike.

noted. I'll make a note of that and up the priority of getting the next release ready so we can have some fun breaking it (then i can fix it, then we repeat the process)!

1 minute ago, Accalia said:

noted. I'll make a note of that and up the priority of getting the next release ready so we can have some fun breaking it (then i can fix it, then we repeat the process)!

Do you have access to Discord? We have an SE discord set up where you can talk with some of the players, or you can go say something in the thread....probably the art of game creation? Maybe.

4 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

Do you have access to Discord?

Not at the office, no. But i take your meaning.

I'll definitely look into using that resource when i get closer to being ready for a trial run. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get things ready though (including engineering an entire compatibility layer for IPS forums (the software y'all run on), which will be FUN! (yes i have an odd definition of that word))

1 minute ago, Accalia said:

Not at the office, no. But i take your meaning.

I'll definitely look into using that resource when i get closer to being ready for a trial run. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get things ready though (including engineering an entire compatibility layer for IPS forums (the software y'all run on), which will be FUN! (yes i have an odd definition of that word))

If you get the chance to pop in, in either place, people would be interested in what you're working on. I can leave a link here.

https://discord.gg/RgfgC

3 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

If you get the chance to pop in, in either place, people would be interested in what you're working on. I can leave a link here.

I'll pop into the server for sure. 

otherwise my tiny foxy mind is liable to forget. :-D

Hello! It'll be great to have a SE bot up and running, and the project sounds really cool. I'm a novice coder myself, and if there's some way I could help I'd be willing to at any point after May 5th (My schedule is booked until then). What language is the bot in? I likely wouldn't know it (I know Python, C++, Git, and web design languages), but I can try to learn 

15 minutes ago, kenod said:

Welcome, out of interest, which programming language do you prefer?

for professional work? I'mma C# developer

for fun? mostly nodejs these days. that's what the bot is written in. though i also play with Python, Bash, Powershell, occasionally C if i want to shoot my own paws off, but mostly these days it's Nodejs.