Possibility of Mistborns in era 2

me2020

We have a WOB that lersium is present in mist but it is in so small amount that it can not be noticed. But with scientific advances on scardial , it is possible to separate lerasium from the mist. Although the mists are very rare after the final accession , There is still mention of two types of mists on scardial . It is much easier than tracing the bloodlines of Lord mistborn . Any thoughts on this ? Its also possible that atium is present in the other kind of mist.

7 minutes ago, me2020 said:

We have a WOB that lersium is present in mist but it is in so small amount that it can not be noticed. But with scientific advances on scardial , it is possible to separate lerasium from the mist. Although the mists are very rare after the final accession , There is still mention of two types of mists on scardial . It is much easier than tracing the bloodlines of Lord mistborn . Any thoughts on this ? Its also possible that atium is present in the other kind of mist.

It's a good thought, I wondered the same thing after finding this WoB.

BLACKYETI

Because you’ve talked about alloying the god metals, I was wondering whether you would be able to melt them down as you would with normal metals.

BRANDON SANDERSON

If you could distill the god metal: you could distill it out of the mist, that’s theoretically possible.

Source

On 24/4/2017 at 2:34 AM, me2020 said:

It is much easier than tracing the bloodlines of Lord mistborn

You have right into the possibility of gain Lerasium from the Mists but honestly I can't see this as an "easier task" than try to bread a Mistborn. Their magic offers them no tool to manipulate external Investiture and it's not something like "keep freeze the mist until you get the Lerasium". In theory Harmony could also make that new crafted Lerasium vanish as it is still part of him at will.

Edited by Yata

15 hours ago, Yata said:

You have right into the possibility of gain Lerasium from the Mistsm but honestly I can't see this as an "easier task" than try to bread a Mistborn. Their magic offer them no tool to manipulate external Investiture and it's not something like "keep freeze the mist until you get the Lerasium". In theory Harmony could also make that new crafted Lerasium vanish as it is still part of him at will.

breeding a mistborn will take years and years with low success rate while if it is just physical or chemical change , mist is much easier. The word 'distill' suggests a physical process to me , though it might be something else. But I dont think harmony will take it away because of his non-interference policy.

Edited by me2020
spelling mistakes

A WoB you may find interesting:

BRANDON SANDERSON (PARAPHRASED)

The second mistborn trilogy: Takes place in an urban setting with guns, cars, skyscrapers, etc. Plot will center around a group of Allomancers paid by the government to take out Allomancer criminals and will involve a mistborn (which is rare at this time) serial killer.

I believe in WoA or HoA it's mentioned that lerasium mistborn sire mistborn children and that for several generations after TLR's ascension mistings were rare, if not unheard of.  Lerasium mistborn are also crazy powerful, so, between these two facts...I don't think we're ever going to see another one.  It seems like it would just undermine too much of the groundwork Sanderson has established.

Something that's almost as interesting as the possibility of mistborn however is:

BRANDON SANDERSON

There are metals which exist that any Allomancer can burn, regardless of their own orientation.

Since the Pits of Hathsin are gone, and the next book is titled The Lost Metal, the mist-distillation technique sounds like a good candidate for how Scadrians could discover some new and exciting metals.  Between metals that anyone can burn, twinborn, the Southern Scadrian's technology, and hemalurgy, there's a lot of potential for crazy powerful magic shenanigans in the metallic arts without having to fall back on mistborn.

• Chaos locked this topic