Entertainment Reviews(and Debate)

The Bestest 10 Film directors of all time: (Next to them, I have the film I believe is their best)

10. Martin Scorsese (Kundun. If you haven't watched this, what on earth have you been doing?)

9. Akira Kurosawa (Seven Samurai. Duh.)

8. Jon Favreau (Iron Man. Probably one of the best superhero films)

7. M. Night Shyamalan (Unbreakable. Thankfully, he is known for his achievements, not his messups.)

6. George Lucas (Revenge of the Sith)

5. John Ford (The Searchers. If you've watched an old western classic, he probably directed it. Also, it'll have John Wayne in it,)

4. Christopher Nolan (I debated long and hard about which one I should pick. His best film is...Inception.)

3. Hayao Miyazaki (Princess Mononoke. Go watch Studio Ghibli. RIGHT NOW!)

2. Alfred Hitchcock (Rear Window. The Master of Suspense's greatest triumph.)

1. Steven Spielberg (With this one, I narrowed it down to two. Raiders of the Lost Ark and Minority Report. Both amazing.)

Why on Earth haven't I done any book reviews? I'm a Sanderson fan after all. But right now, here is...

The Top 10 Brandon Sanderson Books:

10. Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians

9. Words of Radiance

8. Elantris

7. The Alloy of Law

6. Steelheart

5. The Final Empire

4. Calamity

3. The Hero of Ages

2. The Way of Kings

1. Warbreaker

On 8/26/2017 at 4:34 PM, Captains Domon said:

The Bestest 10 Film Composers: (Next to them will be what I consider their best film score)

10. Bill Conti (Rocky)

9. Danny Elfman (Spider-Man)

8. Alan Silvestri (Back to the Future)

7. John Powell (Jason Bourne)

6. Howard Shore (Lord of the Rings)

5. Michael Giacchino (The Incredibles)

4. Elmer Bernstein (The Magnificent Seven)

3. James Newton Howard (Unbreakable)

2. Hans Zimmer (Inception)

1. John Williams (Indiana Jones)

Michael Giacchino. Gosh I love that guy. 

Can we discuss him writing the score for Up for just a moment? 

Today I review one of the worst movies ever. In existence. In all time. THE WORST. Like, Superman IV level of quality.

The Bee Movie.

For those of you who hate this too, good job! I like you. If you do like it, well, you've been making some poor life choices. OKAY, FIRST OFF, THE ENTIRE PREMISE IS STUPID!! IN FACT, THERE ISN'T EVEN A PREMISE TO SEE! THE DANG MOVIE JUST STARTS OFF WITH A DUMB NARRATION AND THEN WE'RE OFF!! BEES, BEES, DUMB PUN, BEES, BLACK, YELLOW, BEES, SMALL REFERENCE TO INCEST, BEES, AND WHAT NOT!!! SURE, SURE, I ADMIT, BEES DO HAVE A COMPLEX SOCIETY IN REAL LIFE, BUT TO PORTRAY IT IN THIS WAY????? NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! THIS MOVIE TRIES TO TAKE OFF WITH BARELY NOTHING AT ALL, AND IT KEEPS GOING FOR SOME REASON. IT'S LIKE AN ICE CREAM TRUCK PLAYING AN OFF-KEY, HEAVY METAL VERSION OF HUMPTY DUMPTY AND EXPECTING KIDS TO BUY THIS TRASH!!! MAYBE DUMB KIDS, BUT NOT THIS ONE!! ANOTHER THING! JERRY SEINFELD IS IN THIS! NOTHING IN THIS MOVIE COMES EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT ACTUAL SEINFELD HUMOR IS!! THIS HUMOR IS FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS!!

THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A COMPLETE, CLASS-A, NUMBER ONE, MOST LIKELY TO BE, TOTAL VILLAGE MORON!!! "HEY, MAN, REMEMBER, DON'T TALK TO HUMANS." (15 minutes later in the movie.) "HIIIII, HUMAN!!!" BEE GUY, WHAT THE FREAKING HECK ARE YOU THINKING??? ARE TRYING TO HAVE AN ACTUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH A HUMAN FEMALE??? NOT ONLY IS THAT IMPLAUSIBLE, IT IS ABSOLUTELY, GUT-WRENCHINGLY DISGUSTING!!! THAT'S LIKE WATCHING A LLAMA GIVE BIRTH, THEN FALLING INTO A TROUGH FULL OF REFUSE AND PIG SLOP!!! YOU JUST BROKE THE FIRST BEE RULE!! THEN YOU DECIDED BEES MAKING HONEY IS SLAVE LABOR, SO YOU'RE GONNA SUE THE HUMANS???? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT THE $%^#@# IS GOING ON???????

DON'T BEES KNOW THEIR PURPOSE IN THE WORLD?? THEY KEEP PLANTS MOVING!! THIS DIMWIT WASN'T THERE WHEN THEY WERE PASSING OUT BRAINS APPARENTLY, SO THAT EXPLAINS WHY HE IS SO DANG CLUELESS!!! AND THE END OF THE MOVIE?? (Imagine the next quote in Pee Wee Herman's voice) "HEY, MOMMY!! THE BEES ARE BACK!!" YOU GOTTA BE @^%$#-ING ME!!!! THE $#@&!!!! IN FACT, WHEN THE MOVIE ENDS, YOU'RE NOT EVEN HAPPY IT'S OVER! YOU'RE STILL CONTEMPLATING THE FACT THAT YOU EVEN WATCHED THIS LOAD OF PANDA VOMIT!!! WHY DID YOU WATCH IT??? WHY DID I WATCH IT??? THE BEE MOVIE HAS NO PURPOSE, AND DESERVES A PERSONAL SPOT IN "LOOK, I FOUND THIS DUMB MOVIE AND EVEN I DIDN'T LAUGH!" PILE!!

There. You have been warned.

Also, 450th post, if anyone cares.

Edited by Captains Domon
Meh

On 9/11/2017 at 6:26 PM, Steeldancer said:

Michael Giacchino. Gosh I love that guy. 

Can we discuss him writing the score for Up for just a moment? 

Looked into this guy, and he's got a killer awesome body of work going already. Everyone check him out. I only knew of a couple things he did, but yea, really good. 

9 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

Looked into this guy, and he's got a killer awesome body of work going already. Everyone check him out. I only knew of a couple things he did, but yea, really good. 

Don't even get me started. 

John Williams is my absolute favorite. But he's old. And someone needs to take his place as "greatest nerd composer". Giacchino is my candidate. He's done star trek, Spider-Man, Incredibles, Up, Jurrasic World, and he was involved in Star Wars 7. He was originally discovered by JJ Abrams (part of why I love the guy so much). He's just great. 

The Holy Movie Trilogies:

1. Lord of the Rings

• The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
  • The Two Towers (2002)
  • The Return of the King (2003)

2. Back to the Future

• Back to the Future (1985)
  • Back to the Future Part II (1989)
  • Back to the Future Part III (1990)

3. Star Wars Original Trilogy

• A New Hope (1977)
  • The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
  • Return of the Jedi (1983)

4. Star Wars Prequel Trilogy

• The Phantom Menace (1999)
  • Attack of the Clones (2002)
  • Revenge of the Sith (2005)

5. Indiana Jones

• Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
  • The Temple of Doom (1984)
  • The Last Crusade (1989)

6. The Dark Knight Trilogy

• Batman Begins (2005)
  • The Dark Knight (2008)
  • The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

7. Superman

• Superman (1978)
  • Superman II (1980)
  • Superman Returns (2006)

8. The Wolverine Trilogy

• X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
  • The Wolverine (2013)
  • Logan (2017)

9. The Dollars Trilogy

• A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
  • For a Few Dollars More (1965)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (1966)

10. Unbreakable Trilogy

• Unbreakable (2000)
  • Split (2016)
  • Glass (2019)

11. Planet of the Apes

• Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)
  • War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)
Edited by Captains Domon

53 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Actually, @Captains Domon, I think we need to add The Hobbit Trilogy, the Captain America Trilogy and the Iron Man Trilogy to your list. 

If you've read my review of the Hobbit trilogy, you know that I do not have a high opinion of them. I just was....disappointed in the result.

Captain America gets an honorable mention, it is definitely the best of the MCU trilogies so far. Iron Man, well, only the first movie is good.

7 hours ago, Captains Domon said:

If you've read my review of the Hobbit trilogy, you know that I do not have a high opinion of them. I just was....disappointed in the result.

Captain America gets an honorable mention, it is definitely the best of the MCU trilogies so far. Iron Man, well, only the first movie is good.

Yeah, I know a lot of people hate Hobbit. I like them. LotR is obviously better, but they are good.

And as for Marvel, when have GotG Vol.3, we will have one of the best trilogies in cinematic history.

Also, do both of you agree on Hobbit?

Edited by Toaster Retribution

Sometimes, I worry about the mentality of studio executives.

They are the ones who approve new movies. But lately, more and more sequels or remakes have been coming out. I'm seeing less and less original movies. Even Pixar is being affected. Let's see, who approved Fan4stic? That movie was terrible? Four more Fantstic Beast sequels? Splitting The Hobbit into three movies? Rebooting Batman after 4 years? Rebooting Spider-Man after two??(Okay, I admit, I'm glad they did that) Giving the Doctor a new set of regenerations? Cars 2The Mummy remake? The Magnificent Seven? Wait, they're making a Top Gun sequel??! And the new Jumanji movie is a sequel too!?? A Mary Poppins sequel? And Disney is remaking classic Disney cartoons into live-action?????? AND REMAKING ONE OF THE MOST BELOVED TV SHOWS OF MY CHILDHOOD INTO A CRAPPY NEW SHOW?????? NOO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I love MacGyver, but that new show was made for the sole purpose of making money, and it is crap.

Sooner or later, we won't see any new films. All we will get is remakes or sequels.

An Idiot's Summary of Wonder Woman

Women's suffrage (also known as female suffrage, woman suffrage or women's right to vote) is the right of women to vote in elections. Limited voting rights were gained by women in Finland, Iceland, Sweden and some Australian colonies and western U.S. states in the late 19th century.[1] National and international organizations formed to coordinate efforts to gain voting rights, especially the International Woman Suffrage Alliance (founded in 1904, Berlin, Germany), and also worked for equal civil rights for women.

Heh heh doy. Feminism and Captain Kirkie be weally noice and sweat!

(Apologies to @Mrs. Delightful Ferring)

Edited by Captains Domon

On 9/18/2017 at 1:04 AM, Toaster Retribution said:

Yeah, I know a lot of people hate Hobbit. I like them. LotR is obviously better, but they are good.

And as for Marvel, when have GotG Vol.3, we will have one of the best trilogies in cinematic history.

Also, do both of you agree on Hobbit?

Uhh, yeah, we've talked it over.

The Hobbit trilogy is just disappointing. But if you look at it without looking at the book, it's okay.

The Many Deaths of Sean Bean(In Chronological Order)(Films Only):

1. Caravaggio (1986) Throat cut by titular character

2. The Field (1990) Driven off a cliff by a stampede of cattle

3. Patriot Games (1992) Impaled on an anchor by Harrison Ford

4. GoldenEye (1995) Falls to his death, and crushed by a satellite dish

5. Anna Karenina (1997) Probably dies in a suicide mission

6. The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) Dies to four arrow wounds after protecting two hobbits

7. Don't Say a Word (2001) Buried alive

8. Equilibrium (2002) Shot in the face while reading poetry

9. The Island (2005) Hung by a chain

10. The Hitcher (2007) Shot by a shotgun thrice

11.  Outlaw (2007) Shot by a patrol

12. Black Death (2010) Drawn and quartered

13. Cash (2010) Shot

14. Death Race 2 (2010) Killed by a car crew

15. Age of Heroes (2011) Shot while suppressing German soldiers

16. Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (2016) Killed in a battle with a demon

On 4/25/2017 at 11:02 AM, Captains Domon said:

As a young kid, I loved Harry Potter. It still holds a special place in my heart, but has weakened as of late because of one thing. The Cursed Child. This pathetic excuse of an "eighth book" was only made to please fans, but it failed to do even that! Here are my thoughts.

One thing I was perpetually disappointed in was Ron. In the actual books, Ron is an idiot but slowly grows up and develops. In Cursed Child, HE'S BACK TO BEING AN IDIOT!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, ROWLING?? RON BECAME A BELOVED CHARACTER, BUT NOW YOU'VE MADE HIM THE CRAZY UNCLE WHO PULLS THEIR NIECE'S NOSE OFF!! AND LET ME ASK YOU, WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE?? HE SHOULD BE IN CHARGE OF WEASLEY WIZARD WHEEZES, NOT RONALD!! DID HE DIE OF AN EAR INFECTION? DID HE?? DID HE?? YOU MADE SO MANY PLOT HOLES!!!

Another thing I was mad about was Hermione. Not because they cast a black woman, however. (People are allowed to interpret the character any way they like, but in my mind, I've always seen Hermione as an Emma Watson type.) It is because they FREAKING MADE HER THE FREAKING MINISTER OF MAGIC!!! NOBODY, AND I MEAN NOBODY, BECOMES THE HEAD OF THE WIZARD COMMUNITY THAT QUICKLY. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT KINGSLEY SHACKLEBOLT WAS THE MINISTER, NOT HERMIONE!! MAYBE LATER IN LIFE, BUT NOT RIGHT NOW! Also, in one of the parallel dimensions, it appears that Hermione and Draco Malfoy are becoming a "hot ticket" UHHHHH, GAG!!! ARE YOU DETERMINED TO KILL HARRY POTTER?? THAT IS NOT COOL, J.K.!!!

The characters of Albus and Scorpius was....odd. I didn't have a huge problem with it, but they made it feel awkward. Albus does have the temperament and attitude that defines his sexuality, but it's just weird. (I personally don't approve of this, but again, interpretations are a thing.) One of the most confusing things was the time jumps and the parallel dimension stuff. I couldn't follow any of it at times, and it just made the book (or play or whatever) a lot worse.

And finally, the biggest problem in the book. You all knew this was coming, and I have the right to smack this down, because it destroys Harry Potter continuity as we know it. This blemish is......THE TROLLEY WITCH!!! DUH!!!! J.K. ROWLING, I RESPECT YOU, BUT THIS MISTAKE ALMOST MADE THAT RESPECT FLY OFF THE CLIFFS OF INSANITY!!!!! WHAT IN THE THUNDERBIRD WERE YOU THINKING!!?? THE FREAKING TROLLEY WITCH IS A REAL PERSON!! SHE'S NOT "THE SENTINEL OF THE TRAIN"!!! SHE DOES NOT HAVE PUMPKIN PASTY GRENADES!! AND SHE DOES NOT HAVE A FREAKING SPIKED MACE FOR AN ARM!!! IF SHE ACTUALLY WAS THE SUPPOSED "GUARD", THEN WHERE WAS SHE WHEN THE DEMENTORS CAME ON BOARD?? WHERE WAS SHE WHEN HARRY AND RON FLEW A CAR OVER THE TRAIN?? SHE WASN'T THERE TO HELP HARRY WHEN HE GOT PWNED BY MALFOY! SHE WASN"T THERE WHEN THEY TOOK LUNA!! I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!!! I WILL NOT!!! HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD HAS EARNED ITS PLACE AT MY BOOK BURNING!!!

To sum things up, if I didn't make it quite clear, I thought that The Cursed Child was the worst piece of fan fiction I've ever read. And it was written by the author! Anyone is welcome to challenge me. Go on. I dare you.

Actually, the script for the play wasn't written by Rowling. She contributed on a few things, but overall she didn't actually write the script. John Tiffany and Jack Thorne wrote it. In my opinion, I think they just put J.K. Rowling's name on the storming book just to catch the attention of people (And I totally agree with you; it was awful).

The Emoji Movie.

OKAY, WHAT THE #%@%ING @#&^???? WHAT IS THIS #$@*?? LOOKS LIKE YET ANOTHER DUMB MOVIE FOR SONY!!! I CAN'T REMEMBER A TIME NOW WHERE THEY ACTUALLY RELEASED A GOOD ANIMATED MOVIE!!!! #&$@!!!!! THE PLOT WAS THIS: :mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol:B):rolleyes:-_-<_<:):wub::angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: "OH, #%$&, CONFORM TO THE MILLENNIAL SOCIETY!!!!" WHAT A BIG PILE OF @%&$ THIS MOVIE IS!!! THE PLOT IS A TASTELESS BOWL OF OATMEAL, THE CHARACTERS ARE %$#&@-ING IDIOTS, AND THE JOKES ARE SO BAD THAT EVEN A NEWBORN INFANT AND A BLIND, DEAF NINETY-EIGHT YEAR OLD GEEZER WOULD VOMIT!!!! THIS MOVIE WAS MADE FOR NO REASON, FOR NOBODY, AND IT WOULD BE HELL JUST TO WATCH IT ONCE!!!! WHAT A PIECE OF $#%&!!!!! @#^%$!!! $&^(#!!!!! LSGD!!! GDSG !!! I'M NOT EVEN SWEARING!!! IT'S THAT BAD!!! GAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

#$@%!!!!!

:ph34r:

24 minutes ago, Captains Domon said:

The Emoji Movie.

OKAY, WHAT THE #%@%ING @#&^???? WHAT IS THIS #$@*?? LOOKS LIKE YET ANOTHER DUMB MOVIE FOR SONY!!! I CAN'T REMEMBER A TIME NOW WHERE THEY ACTUALLY RELEASED A GOOD ANIMATED MOVIE!!!! #&$@!!!!! THE PLOT WAS THIS: :mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol:B):rolleyes:-_-<_<:):wub::angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: "OH, #%$&, CONFORM TO THE MILLENNIAL SOCIETY!!!!" WHAT A BIG PILE OF @%&$ THIS MOVIE IS!!! THE PLOT IS A TASTELESS BOWL OF OATMEAL, THE CHARACTERS ARE %$#&@-ING IDIOTS, AND THE JOKES ARE SO BAD THAT EVEN A NEWBORN INFANT AND A BLIND, DEAF NINETY-EIGHT YEAR OLD GEEZER WOULD VOMIT!!!! THIS MOVIE WAS MADE FOR NO REASON, FOR NOBODY, AND IT WOULD BE HELL JUST TO WATCH IT ONCE!!!! WHAT A PIECE OF $#%&!!!!! @#^%$!!! $&^(#!!!!! LSGD!!! GDSG !!! I'M NOT EVEN SWEARING!!! IT'S THAT BAD!!! GAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

#$@%!!!!!

:ph34r:

I can't wait for cinemasins to break his new sin counter sinning it. 

Okay, Blade Runner. As per to @Toaster Retribution's request.

Blade Runner, first off, stars Harrison Ford, who not only is awesome in this movie, but just a great actor in general. It's also directed by Ridley Scott, who did The Martian and Gladiator, among others. But, dangBlade Runner is an awesome movie. It has deep characters, as well as a terrific plot. But it does, at times, feel slower than it should be.

Harrison Ford's character, Rick Deckard, is a cop who discovers a rebellion of the Replicants. The Replicants are robots who are human like but are not treated as such. This makes the story complex, giving Deckard a conscience of what he is doing and what consequences might arise.

Rutger Hauer shines as Roy Batty, who is the main antagonist with beautiful monologues(Ex. tears in rain). He leads the Replicant rebellion, kills his creator, but in the end changes. In the climax, as Deckard hunts down the Replicants, he then is pursued by Batty. Deckard falls but is saved, by Batty. Batty tells him about the sights he has seen, but that they are gone. Then he dies. His drive was to find a way to extend his lifespan, but when he realized this was not to be, he accepted the inevitable.

Another metaphor I really like in this movie is the origami unicorn, which is central to the main message of the film.

The other best thing about the movie is the music. Composed by Vangelis, who also did Chariots of Fire, it sets the tone perfectly for this neo-noir film.

Now there's a sequel. I wish I could see it now, but I'll have to wait. Critics have been very positive about it. To see a sequel to this just deepens the story. I have seen the three short films that precede the sequel however, and they are sweet. Blade Runner is a cult classic that will always be great. 

I've never been a huge Trekkie. I've always been more of a Star Wars kid. But recently, I had time to watch all of the Star Trek movies, and I've started The Next Generation. So this is my first deluxe rank list, where I rank the movie and give a couple of thoughts. Let's do it!

13. Star Trek: Nemesis

Okay, if obviously, if you've seen this movie, you understand why it's at the bottom. Not only was the plot bland and stupid, the characters didn't really stick like they had anymore. The only thing I found remotely interesting was Data, but even that's a stretch. However, this movie does show us Tom Hardy, this movie being one of the first films he did. He's a terrific actor.

12. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

So there's a thing Trekkies like to call the curse, which is that the even films(2, 4, 6, etc) tend to be better than the odd. It stayed true to that, until Nemesis which was the tenth film. This movie definitely fits under the category of LAME. Not only was this movie tasteless, it had none of the charm Star Trek possesses. It's too campy, and every character is wasted.

11. Star Trek: The Motion Picture

This movie is a pain to watch. First off, it doesn't feel even remotely like a Star Trek movie. Second, it's SO BORING. About half of the movie comprises of shots of the Enterprise or shots of some random crap, and no dialogue to fill the spaces. Also, what's with the Starfleet uniforms? They're all bland shades of tan, grey, or beige. It's disgusting.

10. Star Trek: Insurrection

This movie would be okay if it didn't suffer from the same problem as The Motion Picture. Too slow, plot is bland, characters no longer interesting.

9. Star Trek Generations

It's pretty disappointing that all of The Next Generation films are weird, except one of them. But Generations at least gives us enough to make it more interesting. I would've liked the movie more if DeForest Kelley was in it, but nope. Since the plot is saved by having Kirk, Scotty, and Chekov in it, this movie is the start of the movies that are actually good.

8. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Despite being an odd number, this movie is actually pretty good, even though it seems like a filler episode to keep people excited for The Voyage Home. David Marcus' death isn't particularly sad until the end of the movie. When it actually happens, you're just kind of like, "Wait, what just happened?" Also, casting Christopher Lloyd as the villain was super distracting, because he does not sound at all like what a Klingon should be.

7. Star Trek Into Darkness

Before anyone starts bringing out torches and pitchforks, let me explain. This movie is The Wrath of Khan for a new generation. Yes, it has good moments, but once you see The Wrath of Khan, it feels like a cheesy rehash. Kirk's death scene isn't even sad after you see him later after 20 minutes. This movie does not do Star Trek justice. Also, that scene, you know what I'm talking about, just distracted me from the whole rest of the movie.

6. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

This movie is hilarious. To see the crew of the Enterprise stumbling their way through 1980's San Francisco was just wonderful. I have to say my favorite 80's moment was either Spock knocking out that punk, or McCoy in the hospital. The plot is refreshing, the characters lovable, and the ending is awesome.

5. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Yes, now we're in the top 5. The Wrath of Khan is 5 on my list solely because of a grievous continuity error. Chekov never met Khan before, therefore shouldn't recognize each other. Khan made his appearance in the first season of The Original Series, but not Chekov. Walter Koenig joined the crew for its second and third. This bothers me a lot.

4. Star Trek

The first "reboot" movie is up. This movie is awesome. The characters are spectacular, the plot, the villain, everything, There is literally nothing negative I have to say.

3. Star Trek: First Contact

This movie is obviously the best of The Next Generation movies, and has a deep moral in the sense that everything has a right to live. Every character in here is placed right where they should be and it's awesome.

2. Star Trek Beyond

I love this movie for the fact that it feels like a classic movie. This is finally where the new crew feels like the old crew, and that's fantastic.

1. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Surprised? Maybe. But this one is number one because of the message of peace that it sends. It reflects so much about what the countries of the world are doing today. My only complaint about this movie is that in the final shot, Sulu should have been in his seat.

There you guys go. You're welcome. 

Hello! Today, I will do a deluxe list of Star Wars. First off, all the films are good in some way. Just some are more weird than others.

8. Attack of the Clones

A lot of fans think that The Phantom Menace is the worst one, but this is not true. The second episode just is terrible. The script is very poorly written, acting feels forced, and Hayden Christensen........GAG. Also, I think less Jar Jar is worse. At least in the first one, you can ignore him. Gosh. But in retrospect, I do like the final battle on Geonosis. The clones are definitely the best part about this movie.

7. The Phantom Menace

Okay, yes, this is the next one. But I enjoy this one more than Attack of the Clones. Jar Jar is still horrible to endure, but as I said, you can ignore him. But Jake Lloyd's acting just makes me cringe the whole time. He's so annoying. I didn't appreciate the C-3PO thing either. He's great as comic relief, but as a cameo, no. The best part of this movie is, hands down, the Duel of the Fates. The lightsaber duels are amazing, and the music is equally intense. It's awesome.

6. A New Hope

Please don't kill me. Yes, there's probably a fair amount of people that love this one. I do too. It's just that on my "Enjoy-o-meter", it doesn't click as much as the other ones do. Yes, I love the nostalgic feel. Yes, I love the humor. Yes, I love the action. It's just....gah, I can't explain. Hopefully you guys understand. It's still a great movie.

5. The Force Awakens

Okay, the new episode is very enjoyable. But my main problem is that it feels like a remake of A New Hope. It feels like we've seen this before, and I don't want it to be that. But I love the acting. Harrison Ford is awesome as ever. Anthony Daniels is hilarious. Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson. They're fantastic. And Daisy Ridley. Whoo. I am not ashamed to admit that she's probably my celebrity crush, besides Jenna Coleman. But the acting is the main reason I love this movie.

4. Return of the Jedi

From this point on, it was very difficult to place the remaining films. These next ones are all stupendously amazing and I felt bad wherever I placed them. But alas, it must be done. The final installment of the original trilogy delivers everything we hope for. Luke facing his destiny, Leia in a bikini, Han getting rescued, Lando flying the Millennium Falcon into battle, and Darth Vader restoring balance. This movie definitely triggers my tears of joy.

3. Rogue One

I was very eager to watch this film, as it would return to the era of the original trilogy. I love the way they introduce characters, and use them in a way where they don't require that much character development. It is very well done. After I watched it, I had two disappointments. First, there is some much footage in the trailers that are not in the movie. It feels like there was a different cut or something. Second was CGI Leia. That unnerved me. CGI Tarkin was awesome. I love Tarkin. But, CGI Leia looked and felt and sounded fake. Nevertheless, it's a great movie.

2. Revenge of the Sith

This obviously is the best film of the prequel trilogy. I love everything about this one, except some of the script. I think Hayden Christensen's acting improved immensely in this one. He accurately portrays a young man torn about what he should believe in. Ewan McGregor is awesome, as always. Other than the script, this is great.

1. The Empire Strikes Back

Okay, a lot of you probably saw this coming, but this movie is literally flawless in my opinion. Anyone is welcome to challenge me on that, but I stand firm. I just really believe that this is an outstanding movie.

So there it is. I just hope The Last Jedi and the Han Solo movie will be as great as they look.