What's the most interesting thing about yourself?

Erunion

19 hours ago, Truthweaver said:

Haha, that's pretty much it. :D It's not so bad with R, but with K...when I found out Kelsier was supposed to be a blonde (I think that's right?) I was actually annoyed. And my brain refused to picture it. He will always have black hair in my weird, picky imagination. :D 

Oh, my screen name isn't helping, is it? But! My avatar pic has red hair!

(Feel free to just picture me as my unicorn avatar. That is a thing which would amuse me.)

14 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

...is it Rachel? :ph34r:

If not, I'm gonna keep guessing it until I get it right.

Heh. I'm not going to string this out, partly because my real name is already floating around the site if you look hard enough. I'm Rosemary. :)

6 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Heh. I'm not going to string this out, partly because my real name is already floating around the site if you look hard enough. I'm Rosemary. :)

Oh....

You see, it was all part of my plan to find out your real name!

Also, that's a pretty name.

Hm. When I was 24 I was a candidate for the Western Australian Parliament. When I was 34 I quit my career, sold or threw out everything I owned that wouldn't fit it in a backpack, and got a 1 way ticket to live in Prague, a place I'd never been to. Most people find them more interesting than I do :P (the real question is what I'll do when I'm 44...)

Hard to pick just one, but here is my list:

I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep. You may have heard of me.

But, seriously though I am not all that interesting. I am a descendant from one of the original settlers from the Mayflower...thats kind of cool.

1 hour ago, Ammanas said:

Hard to pick just one, but here is my list:

I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep. You may have heard of me.

But, seriously though I am not all that interesting. I am a descendant from one of the original settlers from the Mayflower...thats kind of cool.

Are you Kvothe?

Hah, as the thread originator I still struggle with what to say here. 
So here are a few - 

I could legitimately wear a monocle, for practical medical reasons (only one of my eyes requires a prescription!) 
I build robots professionally 
I once qualified and competed for a martial arts world championship (but didn't win :( )
I read the Way of Kings in two days. 

Oh, I can't remember if I've got any Mayflower ancestry. I've some cool ancestry otherwise, but I don't like to talk about it too much -- from my perspective, my saying "I'm descended from these cool peoples" comes off as bragging, and I worry that it might seem that way to others as well. 

Edited by Slowswift
Hopefully fixed egregious context error before anybody noticed and took offense

I am the type of person to read five hours straight if I have a really good book. They are never below a 5th grade reading level and that is only reading books I read in third and really enjoyed. Once I tried to read a 3rd grade reading level book, but I barely got 30 pages in when I gave up. But you would probably expect me to be the type of person who just doesn't do sports. Well, you would MOSTLY be right. Soccer, baseball, basketball, dance, gymnastics. So mabey golf. NO!!!! I simply Rollerblade, not often, bike, hike, swim, ski, and here's the strange one, Tae-Kwon-Do. But I really enjoy it. Oh, and I try to avoid my sister. :ph34r:Ninja style!:ph34r:

Not really but it sounds good right there.

And I am really bad at coming up with quotes, see the last two on my signature. Well, the last one is actually pretty good.

But in my head I go to Hogwarts, am a demigod, am a worldhopper, a windrunner, and Mistborn. And my superpower would be to travel into books at will as the people I make up for me to be in them. See 'Do you have a random person in the cosmere who you turn into when you are bored?' It's under Stormlight Archives.

Edited by Smart Sloth

Well, I started drawing when I was 7, so I guess that happened. I have been writing stories alot, and get the coolest ideas. I have a tons of older siblings that got me into video games. 

Also, I am a redhead. <----------------------------------------and redheads don't have souls, so I guess that is interesting, isn't it?

If something is kinda taboo, I tend to like it. I am a big anime fan, I love metal music, I read a lot (which is sadly kinda taboo these days...), and I enjoy the kind of video games that piss other people off: perma-death games, especially rogue-likes. I dislike sports as a general medium, since most of them are ridiculous. Trying to control a ball better than someone else is silly, and being able to run/jump/slide/throw farther is just too one-dimensional. True combat sports are the only ones I have respect for, and then only the ones that 1. aren't staged and 2. don't leave one of you unconscious afterwards. Basically, that boils down to martial arts and kendo/fencing.

As for me myself, I either have a very strange case of depression, or I am a high functioning psychopath. I'm not really sure how to describe it. Cold-hearted might do the trick. but it doesn't go far enough. I just don't care about anything in general. I have very little ambition, and don't care about anything that won't contribute to my ability to enjoy my hobbies. I guess you could describe me as the guy that would live in a micro-home out of preference, because I don't need anything more. 'Stuff' is extraneous to my existence. I don't understand why people buy things beyond food/gas etc. After paying my bills and making sure I can eat and get places, I don't need to buy anything else. Everything else gets saved, and a small portion gets spent on hobbies. There is no reason to pay for anything else. The same applies to people. If I don't think they will be useful to me, they get ignored. If I think they will be useful, I'm nice to them. Note: I'm nice to y'all :D