• Announcements

• Chaos

Oathbringer Spoiler Policy   11/13/2017

Oathbringer is out! Let's make our policy on spoilers clear! 1. You must preface topics with Oathbringer spoilers with the prefix [OB] in the front 2. You are only allowed to post spoilers and spoiler topics in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board, Cosmere Theories, and some select work-related forums. 3. For posts in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board you do not need to use spoiler tags inside a topic marked [OB]. For Cosmere Theories, you also do not need to put spoiler tags inside your topic if the topic has [OB] in the title. However, for Cosmere Theories, if you are adding Oathbringer stuff to an old theory without the [OB] tag, those must go in spoiler tags and you must make it obvious outside the spoiler tag that the spoiler is regarding Oathbringer content. 4. For select things that do require talking about OB spoilers, in Events, Coppermind, and Arcanum forums, those are allowed but keep OB spoilers in spoiler tags 5. Avoid and minimize spoilers in topic titles--even though those two boards will not appear in the Recent Topics ticker, topic titles still appear in Recent Activity and the forum home.  6. You aren't allowed to post Oathbringer spoilers in places other than listed, even with spoiler tags.  It will be nine months and then the Oathbringer board will be re-merged with the Stormlight board and you will not need to tag these spoilers. If you'd like to move something in the Stormlight Archive board to the Oathbringer board, to update it with new Oathbringer information, Report the post and we will happily move it to the Oathbringer spoiler board. Part-by-part Reactions Though the Oathbringer Spoiler Board will be very spoilery, very fast (maybe don't come there until you've read the book, as people do have copies that bookstores sold early), you'll have these five topics for reactions if you want to nerd out: Part 1 Reactions
      Part 2 Reactions
      Part 3 Reactions
      Part 4 Reactions
      Full Book Reactions For parts 1-4, they will not include the interludes immediately following it. On Discord All Oathbringer spoilers on Discord will be exclusively in the #oathbringer_spoilers channel for the nine month spoiler period and nowhere else.
Erunion

What's the most interesting thing about yourself?

60 posts in this topic

So, I was wondering - 'Erunion, what is the most interesting thing about yourself?', and I realized that I couldn't really think of anything. 

So, while I struggle with this mental challenge, what do you oh fellow sharders think are the most interesting things about yourselves? Pick one thing - can be anything. Weird joints. Cool hair. Amazing stories. Personality quirks. Things you have done. Go crazy. 

Most interesting is hard...I could think of lots of little random things that could be interesting...
One I suppose could be that I got my Bronze Medallion (a first-aid swimming thing) at the youngest age I could.
Oh, also, I have a really fond memory of these things, but I haven't eaten one in years and I really want to:

KINDER HIPPO.jpg

I can make deep brass instrument sounds with my throat lol. I'll send an audio link of an example

I had a pneumothorax... I think  this is the most interesting thing :P

I tore a muscle while acting as a general in a school play.

I sometimes have very explicit, highly detailed dreams. Actually, some of my dreams were so detailed that I think that a good writer (which I definitely am not) would have used them to write a novel. 

I'm autistic?

Adhd?

On a xc team?

Can solve Rubik's cube?

Good at math?

Idk, what do you people think based on past interactions with me?

I don't know if it is interesting but I can't take any gift if I think I don't deserve it, also I like to model magic systems using math.

I am literally the most idiosyncratic person I know, so this is hard. I think it's probably my tendency to do things that seem completely irrational, but they turn out to make a lot of sense. One time, I superheated water, made hot chocolate with it, and plopped a large scoop of ice cream into my mug. It was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten (but maybe just because I'm a hot chocolate fanatic)

On 4/21/2017 at 7:22 AM, Zennix said:

I sometimes have very explicit, highly detailed dreams. Actually, some of my dreams were so detailed that I think that a good writer (which I definitely am not) would have used them to write a novel. 

This is how I come up with ideas for stories!

I have no idea what could be interesting about me. Um... I'm a really good cook...? I sing duets with my sister in weird voices...? I won't drink out of a glass from the cupboard unless I sniff it first...? Lol

I like doing any sport: Ultimate, flag football, floor hockey, basketball, noodle hockey, bombardment, etc. as long as I'm running around.

But I can't stand track. The irony: I like all sports where you run except the sport where all you do is run. (Yes, I know there's track and field but I'm directing it at just track.)

4 hours ago, ryshadium90 said:

I like doing any sport: Ultimate, flag football, floor hockey, basketball, noodle hockey, bombardment, etc. as long as I'm running around.

But I can't stand track. The irony: I like all sports where you run except the sport where all you do is run. (Yes, I know there's track and field but I'm directing it at just track.)

Solution: Cross Country. All the running, but much more variety in courses.

12 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Solution: Cross Country. All the running, but much more variety in courses.

But it's still just running. I need something to do with my hands except sweating and clenching. 

On 2017-5-11 at 9:42 PM, ryshadium90 said:

But it's still just running. I need something to do with my hands except sweating and clenching. 

Knit while running.

3 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

Knit while running.

Fall down, enjoy your new hemalurgic spikes :P

1 hour ago, A Budgie said:

Knit while running.

Good idea, though it'd be hard to keep count of my stitches as I'm counting down the miles. 

On 5/10/2017 at 4:14 PM, ryshadium90 said:

Yes, I love cardio sports but I can't just run...I have to run for some object besides running.  (However shorter sprint races I can deal with but I'm built for mid to long distance.)

The most interesting thing about me?  Tis an intriguing question because what other people might consider the most interesting I might consider ho hum.

I have rapped on stage in front of 400 people, I have flipped someone elses car (on the day I was going to return it to them), I have ridden in an old 3 wheel golf kart whose battery died tied to the back of a pick up truck by rope down a mountain side and hit a speed bump at a quick enough speed to go airborne and my job was to hit the bump straight and land it straight...which I did just so we could charge the golf kart again, I have a youtube video of myself dancing at a wedding to Billie Jean, and many more...but those will do for now.

I genuinely have no idea.

Obviously I'm not going to convince any of you that I'm boring, but I just have so many weird random nerdy things that I am into that I don't know which one is the most interesting.

I'm reeeally good at air hockey, and I have no idea why. 

I have grapheme-color synesthesia. Everyone's name has its own separate colour too, depending on the letter their name starts with. For some reason, I always picture people whose names start with K or R as having black hair and can't imagine them as blonde.

Also, I can clearly remember things that happened to me at two years old better than I can remember things that happened to me at ten.

On 5/27/2017 at 3:12 PM, Truthweaver said:

I have grapheme-color synesthesia. Everyone's name has its own separate colour too, depending on the letter their name starts with. For some reason, I always picture people whose names start with K or R as having black hair and can't imagine them as blonde.

Also, I can clearly remember things that happened to me at two years old better than I can remember things that happened to me at ten.

Heh. My real name starts with "R" and I'm a redhead. BOOM! Headsplodey. :D

1 hour ago, Kaymyth said:

Heh. My real name starts with "R" and I'm a redhead. BOOM! Headsplodey. :D

Haha, that's pretty much it. :D It's not so bad with R, but with K...when I found out Kelsier was supposed to be a blonde (I think that's right?) I was actually annoyed. And my brain refused to picture it. He will always have black hair in my weird, picky imagination. :D