Szeth and Nale

Themasterhunter

Question

So. Right now in the cosmere we have a problem. Szeth has no actual powers. it was all granted to him by the honorblade.

Can nale create squires? if this is true, then szeth could potentially use nightblood similarly to the way he used the honorblade. and he could use the skybreaker surges, which are similar to the windrunner ones he was used to. just an idea.

5 answers to this question

12 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

I also don't think the other Orders had Stormlight-powered Squires, but that's my opinion/head-canon.

In One of Dalinar's vision (the Purelake One) we see some Squires use Stormlight and the text seems to imply they were not Windrunner's squire

There's a recent WoB that seems to indicate they do.

Q: Lopen. Is he a squire, or does he actually have a spren?
A: He’s a squire. You’ll find out a lot more about what the squires are in the upcoming book. For most orders, squire were knights radiant potentially in training, so you can see what happens in the next book.

It's from the Boskone signing this year. That's why Windrunners are strength and number of squires, not just..squires.

12 hours ago, Extesian said:

There's a recent WoB that seems to indicate they do.

It's from the Boskone signing this year. That's why Windrunners are strength and number of squires, not just..squires.

My idea was that Squires being able to use Stormlight was the "strength" part of the Resonance. Numbers was fairly self-explanatory, but what else could stronger squires imply? 

Just so y'all get where I was going with it

13 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

My idea was that Squires being able to use Stormlight was the "strength" part of the Resonance. Numbers was fairly self-explanatory, but what else could stronger squires imply? 

Just so y'all get where I was going with it

Stormlight efficienty or a different Stormlight holding cap maybe