Hogwarts!

Riversong

• 2 weeks later...

Favourite book- Cursed Child...no, don't worry, I'm not really being serious. That was sarcasm, I promise. Probably Deathly Hallows or Goblet of Fire. 

Favourite Character: Luna or Snape (for his complexity)

House: Ravenclaw all the way!

Favourite movie: Goblet of Fire or Deathly Hallows

So, little back story before I start this. Harry Potter is what introduced me into reading. When i was in high school, I was kind of an idiot. Idiot in the sense that I didn't take it serious, always skipping class and never doing homework. This led my pops to super grounding me. All my electronics were taken out of my room. Lost my car keys and access to the home phone(back in the day when we actually used home phones). This left me with only thing to do in order to pass the time, read. At this point I had never been a big reader, I was always out with my friends or hanging out with my brothers and cousins. But that changed when I was super grounded. I picked up Goblet of Fire(had no idea at the time that it was a series) and I never looked back. 

Being in the military I have random spouts of down time in between missions, training exercises or just doing the old navy tradition of "hurry up and wait". This down time has led me to knocking out three or four books about every two weeks since 2013(some re-reads). And I would have never been able to do that if it wasn't for Harry Potter. Without HP I would have probably never discovered the Cosmere, Middle-Earth, Tamerant, The Magicians, Inherence Cycle, aSoIaF, Gaimen, Goodkind, King, or other great amazing worlds. I literally owe all my experiences to HP. 

Sorry to go on that tangent but I always see the "*insert book* changed my life" and I just wanted to give my actual reason behind that statement. 

Annnnd, back to the topic haha. 

What is your favorite book? PoA. In my opinion, besides the fight between Albus and Voldy, it had the best ending in the series. Also this book is really where Harry comes into his own and starts to become the person he is suppose to be. The Quidditch House Championship and the story explaining who Sirius is are my in my top 10 favorite scenes in the series. Lastly, totally didn't see the plot twist coming at the end of the book. Besides finding out who Aberforth and Snape were, this was the only plot line that surprised me.  

Favorite character? Ginny. My biggest issue with the movies(and there are a lot of them) is how bad of job they did portraying GInny, truly awful as Ginny was one of the best and well rounded characters in the books. Also, besides Harry, I think she had the best character development. 

Which house are you in? Only sorted twice. First time was Gryffindor, second time was Hufflepuff. So I pick Huffle. 

My favorite book is probably the fourth, favorite character is McGonagal, and I am a Ravenclaw.

• 2 months later...

Favorite book: The Prisoner of Azkaban. The dementors are really cool monsters.

Favorite movie: The Prisoner of Azkaban. This where the movies started to take slightly darker tone, which I enjoyed. 

My Hogwarts house would probably be Hufflepuff. I am not very ambitious, clever or brave.

Favorite character: Neville Longbottom. Started as a dweeb and ended as one of the most hardcore people in the series.

Favorite book is probably Deathly Hallows and movie is probably the same. It was fun to see magical interaction outside of Hogwarts.

Favorite characters are Luna and Prof. McGonagall

House Slytherin and Thunderbird

My Patronus is a hedgehog :'D Still not sure how I feel about that...

Edited by Lost Owl Needs Tea

• 2 months later...

My favorite book is #3: Prisoner of Azkaban (I'm a huge werewolf fan and I loved Lupin!) I enjoyed all of the movies. 

My favorite characters are Professor McGonagal and Hermione.

My official Pottermore test(s) put me in Hufflepuff. I think I'm more of a Gryfflepuff though!

Favorite book: Deathly Hallows! I remember being so addicted to that book that I read 500 pages on Christmas Eve while everyone else was eagerly awaiting Christmas.

Favorite Character: I'm not really sure I have a favorite (they're all great).... I really like Snape because of all the stuff that's revealed about him in Deathly Hallows, so I'd probably go with him being one of my favorites.

House: Hufflepuff! I've got a Hufflepuff banner displayed above my bookshelf, and I have a replica of the Hufflepuff cup.