Hogwarts!

Riversong

So, I'm a Harry Potter fanatic, and naturally decided to start a topic. So....

What is your favorite book?

Favorite character?

Which house are you in?

My favorite book is probably the fourth, favorite character is McGonagal, and I am a Ravenclaw.

3 hours ago, Riversong said:

Favorite character?

Which house are you in?

My favorite book is probably the fourth, favorite character is McGonagal, and I am a Ravenclaw.

From books: Dobby
From Movies: Snape

Ravenclaw FTW! :D

Those who found themselves here may be interested to know there's a Harry Potter RP that's just started reviving itself in the Roleplaying section.

Favorite Book? Depends. I have alternated between 3, 4, and 5

Favorite Character? I like Neville in the latter books. Luna lovegood is also fun. Harry potter of course...its hard to pick one.

House? Probably Ravenclaw, but I do have some slytherin tendencies :ph34r:

Movie? See answer to books.

I also believe that the series ended with the seven books. I did not care for The Cursed Child, Fantastic Beasts Movie, or Rowlings attempts to expand on the world after the series concluded. If you enjoy all that stuff then I respect your opinion, but thats my 2 cents. If there was a traditional sequel book or spinoff I would be willing to give it a try though...I just haven't liked anything thus far.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:43 PM, Riversong said:

Favorite character?

Which house are you in?

1. Hum, this one changes sometimes. Right now, maybe Order of the Phoenix?
  2. Luna Lovegood, hands down.
  3. Hufflepuff for life. :D Though I think there's a bit of Ravenclaw in me somewhere. I really need to get around to reading Sorting Hat Chats.
On 4/19/2017 at 5:02 PM, Captains Domon said:

My favorite movie is Fantastic Beasts.

Honestly? Agreed. Though I do really like the Deathly Hallows ones. Again, five is also quite good (I didn't like it at first, but now it's a favorite).

Edited by Slowswift

1. Prisoner of Azkaban, probably. There's something I like about each book, and I like to reread them for different reasons, but PoA is the one I feel the most fondness for. 
2. Draco Malfoy. (Do not ask for reasons unless you are ready to settle in for a while, because my love of this character is a bit complicated.) 
3. Slytherclaw. Slytherin primary, Ravenclaw secondary. 
4. I was never really that into the movies, although I have fond memories of sneaking out of the house with my brother, telling our Potter-hating parents that we were going to hang out with some friends across town after work, and instead going to see the midnight premiere of Deathly Hallows Part Two.

Favorite Book: The Philosopher's Stone (normally, I'd call it the Sorcerer's Stone, but it just didn't feel proper.) It was pretty much the book that kickstarted my love of reading and pretty much my childhood in general.

Favorite Character: Severus Snape (I don't care how flawed he is. He's still my all-time favorite Harry Potter character. I was even him for Halloween one year.)

House: Ravenpuff. I'm Hogwarts Divergent; don't question it. I see myself as a Hufflepuff, as do most of the quizzes I've taken, but Pottermore calls me a Ravenclaw, so... I guess I'm both.

Favorite Movies: Prisoner of Azkaban and Deathly Hallows Part 2. Best musical scores of all the films.

1. Favorite book is Book 4 (Goblet of Fire). 

2. Favorite movie is the same as above. 

3. Favorite characters are Hermione, Bellatrix        Lestrange and Nymphadora Tonks. 

4. House Ravenclaw. 

Edited by Zennix

On 4/19/2017 at 6:43 PM, Riversong said:

In Order: The Half Blood Prince, The Prisoner of Azkaban, The Goblet of Fire, The Deathly Hollows, The Order of The Phoenix, The Chamber of Secrets, The Philosopher's Stone

Favorite character?
Severus Snape

Which house are you in?
Slytherin, Horned Serpent

Edited by The Sovereign

21 hours ago, Riversong said:

Favorite character?

Which house are you in?

Me too, me too! I love HP :D

Favorite book : Half-blood prince followed closely by Chamber of Secrets

Favorite Character: Luna Lovegood (duh!), Hermione, Harry, Sirius black, Dumbledore  

My House: Hufflepuff 

Either bk 4,5, or 7.

no clue who. If I had to really pick I'd say probably the No Mag.

i ll leave houses to bigger fans cause I don't care.

Fantasic Beast easily beats any Potter film imo. I loved it. Before that I'd give it to Goblet of Fire(4). The tournament and ending events where fun.

On 20/4/2017 at 0:43 AM, Riversong said:

Favorite character?

Which house are you in?

My favorite book is the order of the phoenix, my favorite character would be Ron or Luna and the house would be Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

1. Favorite book is Philosophers Stone. Rowling's prose really brought wonder to reading, it's what got me into reading avidly for my own reasons, not just because everyone else was reading said book.

2. Favorite Character, darn this is a hard one but it'd have to be Aberforth in the books and Snape in the movies. Although I loved Snape in Cursed Child. Oh, and Tonks.

As for house...Gryffindor/Ravenclaw. 

Like most people here so far, I'm a fellow Ravenclaw, fueled by my eccentric creativity and curiosity  of the universe. 

Luna is my favorite character because she is consistently true to herself throughout the series, despite the times that people have tried to bring her down to what they think is normal. 

I think Goblet of Fire is my favorite book, although I love Prisoner of Azkaban as well... I won't even go into the movies because they just didn't live up to my standards. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite Book: Deathly Hallows

Favorite Character: Fred and George (seriously, who doesn't?) their Hogwarts exit was Amazing (Actually, all the Weaslys, even Percy)

House: Ravenclaw (and Puckwudgie)

Cursed Child was okay. Not a huge fan of the plot line, but the idea of what might've happened to the crew had certain things not happened, was cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite book: Goblet of Fire, what can I say, I just love tournaments :)

Favorite character: Very hard one... I would say Hermione and Snape :ph34r:

House: Slytherin :ph34r: or Hufflepuff :ph34r: I am quite a mix in between ambition, desire to prove oneself and not actually wanting to be arrogant, wanting humility, preferring hard work over natural skills, high valuing experience and feeling a genuine connection towards Cedric. Considering you are to be sorted at 10, I would have probably sorted Slytherin :ph34r: but adult me leans more towards Hufflepuff.

My favorite book is definitely Prisoner of Azkaban, but Half-Blood Prince is a close second.

Favorite character is Sirius seconded by Fred. Yes, I have terrible luck when it comes to favorite HP characters... (I was in denial after Order of the Phoenix (which, to this day, is still my least favorite) and was only just recovering when Deathly Hallows came out. You can imagine how that went)

I'm a Gryffinpuff. Most quizzes sort me into Gryffindor, which is where I place myself, but I'm Hufflepuff on Pottermore (second time being placed anyway. First years ago was Gryffindor) and that fits me as well. But courage is probably my primary motivator. It's just not physical acts of courage, which is how I think most people view Gryffindors, and that's also why I got Hufflepuff the second time around - most of the questions dealing with bravery/courage were "I'm going to take my fists to this thing" questions, so I answered more Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff on them. I'm very much not Slytherin. Detrimentally so. 

My Ilvermorny house is Thunderbird.

• 3 weeks later...

Favorite book: Goblet of Fire

Favorite Character: Hermione Granger - growing up with this series, I think she had a profound impact on my life and personality. 

Favorite Movie: Sorcerer's Stone, though I've fallen in love with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Hogwarts house: Ravenclaw. Hufflepuff was always a close second though. 

Ilvermorny house: Thunderbird. Interesting tidbit, I'm the only Ravenclaw in a house of Gryffindors, but my brother is the only Puckwudgie (sp?) in a house of Thunderbirds. 

Favoeite Magical Creature: Occamy