Harmony (Sazed) and involvement on Roshar

KnightofLight

Question

6 answers to this question

Sazed is too occupied with events on his own world. (The Red Haze) These books take place almost concurrently with Stormlight 1-5.
Brandon has said that there are forces actively trying to suppress Harmony's knowledge. Even if he was interested in snooping around Roshar, it might not get him anywhere.
Brandon also wants to keep Stormlight Archive very self-contained, without too much Cosmere crossover(which he is saving for Mistborn Era 4 and Space)

All that said, it's still possible for your idea to happen. As far as I know, we don't have something that directly denies it. The timeline is the biggest point against it, depending on how long it takes for "Trell" to be dealt with.

My understanding was that Mistborn era 2 was set in between Stormlight arc 1 and 2, so current Stormlight books are set between the catacendre and Mistborn 2. I agree that Sazed can't be focused too much on Roshar but he does have the kandra, the ultimate avatars. We know there are Kandra offworld and we have a good indication they have been to Roshar

QUESTION

Kandra can eat nonhumans. What happens when they eat a spren?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Kandras have never encountered spren in any relevant way, except for the occasional Worldhopper, and they have never had occasion to try to eat a spren. Good question.

Now the kandra worldhoppers could all be pre-Harmony or hidden from Sazed (a la Bleeder) but I think Saze may have an agent or two there.

7 hours ago, Extesian said:

Now the kandra worldhoppers could all be pre-Harmony or hidden from Sazed (a la Bleeder) but I think Saze may have an agent or two there.

TLR didn't bother of the rest of Cosmere. I really doubt he sent Kandra on the outside.

The mysterious kandra worldhopper WalDo (oh how I'd love it if Brandon made that fan name official) proves it can happen and it wouldn't surprise me if Sazed wants to expand his knowledge of the cosmere, as some of the epigraphs in HoA indicate. That said, he's definitely expending most of his present attention on whatever Shard or Shards are messing with his world (as of the interval between Stormlight's two halves) so he's probably not paying that much attention to other worlds just yet.

And as already mentioned, Mistborn Era 4 is the one slated to be the big crisis crossover and Brandon has said that he wants to keep Stormlight more self-contained, even though it is currently the series with the most 'big picture' focus, mostly thanks to the increased prominence of Hoid.

On 4/18/2017 at 8:00 AM, The One Who Connects said:

Sazed is too occupied with events on his own world. (The Red Haze) These books take place almost concurrently with Stormlight 1-5.
Brandon has said that there are forces actively trying to suppress Harmony's knowledge. Even if he was interested in snooping around Roshar, it might not get him anywhere.
Brandon also wants to keep Stormlight Archive very self-contained, without too much Cosmere crossover(which he is saving for Mistborn Era 4 and Space)

All that said, it's still possible for your idea to happen. As far as I know, we don't have something that directly denies it. The timeline is the biggest point against it, depending on how long it takes for "Trell" to be dealt with.

Are you secretly Brandon Sanderson on a ghost profile?? Got that vibe lol. 

6 hours ago, joesleepsalot said:

Are you secretly Brandon Sanderson on a ghost profile?? Got that vibe lol. 

If only I had that kind of talent.

I'm just another random Shardgoer who enjoys his books and remembers obscure details too well sometimes :P