Um..I'm new...so hello

Hey! 

Good luck on your first game! (which one you playing in?).

Promise not to get you a D1 lynch (YOU HEAR THAT GUYS? GO EASY ON HER)

Welcome to the shard, Stormlight Archive is my fav as well, closely followed by Mistborn era 2.

Now go forth into the realm of the shard, arm yourself, for there are cookies to be defeated.

Have this one tho

Image result for cookie

It's perfectly safe.

Have fun while your here!

Welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote. That cookie looks tasty. You should accept it. 

I also don't understand any of these RP games. I guess it's because I have never taken part in a RP game. 

On 4/18/2017 at 1:47 AM, Darkness Ascendant said:

Hey! 

Good luck on your first game! (which one you playing in?).

Promise not to get you a D1 lynch (YOU HEAR THAT GUYS? GO EASY ON HER)

Welcome to the shard, Stormlight Archive is my fav as well, closely followed by Mistborn era 2.

Now go forth into the realm of the shard, arm yourself, for there are cookies to be defeated.

Have this one tho

Image result for cookie

It's perfectly safe.

Have fun while your here!

Thanks DA! I'm in the battle for Nebrask...with you :P 

Thanks for the cookie..I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but what in the world are the cookies about? :lol:

I've only read the first book in the Mistborn series so far..but it is really good!

I am having fun thankyou! :)

On 4/18/2017 at 3:27 AM, Zennix said:

Welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote. That cookie looks tasty. You should accept it. 

I also don't understand any of these RP games. I guess it's because I have never taken part in a RP game. 

Thanks for the upvote! I don't wanna stay a bridgeman (bridgeWoman? lol) for long...it's scary out there ;)

This is my first RP game and I haven't done any RP yet...oops

17 hours ago, Riversong said:

Welcome!

I'm also fairly new here, and my favorite series is probably Mistborn.

Have fun storming the castle!

Thanks! I just started Mistborn...it's really good! I've only read the first one so far.

If you start off any convo by quoting Princess Bride than you must be a cool person...I approve :D

3 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Thanks DA! I'm in the battle for Nebrask...with you :P 

Thanks for the cookie..I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but what in the world are the cookies about? :lol:

I've only read the first book in the Mistborn series so far..but it is really good!

I am having fun thankyou! :)

Aha! I hadn't noticed >> I haven't been paying much attention to SE lately bleh.

First finish Mistborn, then ask me again.

Fun!

(Also, please refrain from double posting, you can quote and answer everyone in one post, it's generally frowned upon here)

3 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Aha! I hadn't noticed >> I haven't been paying much attention to SE lately bleh.

First finish Mistborn, then ask me again.

Fun!

(Also, please refrain from double posting, you can quote and answer everyone in one post, it's generally frowned upon here)

haha that's ok i was just teasing you for it....I tend to tease...a lot :lol:

i would except that my bro, @TheMightyLopen and @Kolfire already explained it to me...never trusting cookies again :o haha

Thanks for the advice! I will refrain from double posting....unless I want people to frown lol

6 hours ago, Kolfire said:

No! Don't eat the cookies! THEY WILL RUIN YOU!

(spoiler for mistborn)

Thanks for the warning! :P:lol:

Hey there @BrightnessRadiant :D welcome to our little corner of Cosmere madness. Kinda hard to choose a favorite among Brandon's works as every single one (at least those and I've read so far) is brilliant in its own unique way. That said, Mistborn era 1 is the first thing I've read of him so it has a special place in my heart, and I also love the magic systems there. But I love Era 2 just as much and Stormlight Archive is amazing so all three are up there for me. I'm gonna read Elantris and Warbreaker next, we'll see how I like those.

Oh and I've just finish Arcanum Unbounded and storms is it awesome, great little gems from across the Cosmere are in one awesome collection, check that out if you haven't already.

Anyway, have fun here and since you're still stuck as a Bridgeman, here's a little advice: try and stay at the back of the bridge, much safer there, oh and don't taunt the Parshendi :P

4 hours ago, Gavin-son-son-Odegard said:

Hey there @BrightnessRadiant :D welcome to our little corner of Cosmere madness. Kinda hard to choose a favorite among Brandon's works as every single one (at least those and I've read so far) is brilliant in its own unique way. That said, Mistborn era 1 is the first thing I've read of him so it has a special place in my heart, and I also love the magic systems there. But I love Era 2 just as much and Stormlight Archive is amazing so all three are up there for me. I'm gonna read Elantris and Warbreaker next, we'll see how I like those.

Oh and I've just finish Arcanum Unbounded and storms is it awesome, great little gems from across the Cosmere are in one awesome collection, check that out if you haven't already.

Anyway, have fun here and since you're still stuck as a Bridgeman, here's a little advice: try and stay at the back of the bridge, much safer there, oh and don't taunt the Parshendi :P

Thanks!!...I agree that all of his series are brilliant and unique in their own way!!! They are all awesome! Stormlight is definitely my favorite series for lots of reasons but the others are all in my top favorite books of all time category! I have always had a soft spot for stories filled with magic, knights, and clever humor....so The Stormlight series was a real combo winner for me! :lol: Also...it has the most with Hoid of all the series so far ;) (fav character btw) My brother said that elantris and warbreaker are both amazing! I haven't read either of them yet....I have read the two stormlight books plus Edgedancer (in arcanum unbounded ;)), and the rithmatist, the reckoners series, plus the first Mistborn book. :D

Thanks for the advice about the bridge...but apparently I was found to have "noble blood" so they pulled me out :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

My favorite series? The original 10 books of malazan by Erikson.

Favorite Sanderson series? The original mistborn trilogy, but that may change depending on how SA turns out.

Anyways welcome! Have a upvote!

I've never read the malazan series...what's it about?

Yeah...I want to start on the second Mistborn book soon!

Thanks so much!! :D

28 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

I've never read the malazan series...what's it about?

Yeah...I want to start on the second Mistborn book soon!

Thanks so much!! :D

I hesitate recommending it to people because it is so insanely complex some people get lost and frustrated by it. It takes place over several continents, hundreds of characters, tons of storylines etc. Its basically about the rapid expansion of the Malazan empire and the problems associated with it. There are god's, powerful mages, armies etc. It's a hard series to explain...

14 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I hesitate recommending it to people because it is so insanely complex some people get lost and frustrated by it. It takes place over several continents, hundreds of characters, tons of storylines etc. Its basically about the rapid expansion of the Malazan empire and the problems associated with it. There are god's, powerful mages, armies etc. It's a hard series to explain...

Ok sounds interesting...one nice thing about complicated and extensive storylines is that if you really enjoy it than there is a lot to enjoy! :D

14 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Thanks!!...I agree that all of his series are brilliant and unique in their own way!!! They are all awesome! Stormlight is definitely my favorite series for lots of reasons but the others are all in my top favorite books of all time category! I have always had a soft spot for stories filled with magic, knights, and clever humor....so The Stormlight series was a real combo winner for me! :lol: Also...it has the most with Hoid of all the series so far ;) (fav character btw) My brother said that elantris and warbreaker are both amazing! I haven't read either of them yet....I have read the two stormlight books plus Edgedancer (in arcanum unbounded ;)), and the rithmatist, the reckoners series, plus the first Mistborn book. :D

Thanks for the advice about the bridge...but apparently I was found to have "noble blood" so they pulled me out :lol:

I haven't read the Rithmatist or  the Reckoners or any other of Brandon's non-Cosmere works (I definitely will at some point though). 

Edgedancer is a great short story, I loved every bit of it. Lift's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters in SA despiteh er limited 'screen' time so far.

Mistborn is such a amazing and wild ride, you'll love it. Btw, I don't know if you know or not but there's a novella called Mistborn: Secret History which Brandon wrote a while back is also included in Arcanum Unbounded, it's a really...interesting story, that's all I'll say. It's set in Era 1 but I suggest not reading it until after you finished the Bands of Mourning (3rd book of Era 2) cuz there are lots of spoilers there for both eras. But it's a must read.    

and yes Hoid's awesome ;)

Side Note: I checked out your profile page and saw to my sheer delight that your cover photo is  a Agents of Shield poster, I love love love that show. Always makes me happy to meet a fellow AOS fan cuz it's such an underrated show. :D  

4 hours ago, Gavin-son-son-Odegard said:

I haven't read the Rithmatist or  the Reckoners or any other of Brandon's non-Cosmere works (I definitely will at some point though). 

Edgedancer is a great short story, I loved every bit of it. Lift's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters in SA despiteh er limited 'screen' time so far.

Mistborn is such a amazing and wild ride, you'll love it. Btw, I don't know if you know or not but there's a novella called Mistborn: Secret History which Brandon wrote a while back is also included in Arcanum Unbounded, it's a really...interesting story, that's all I'll say. It's set in Era 1 but I suggest not reading it until after you finished the Bands of Mourning (3rd book of Era 2) cuz there are lots of spoilers there for both eras. But it's a must read.    

and yes Hoid's awesome ;)

Side Note: I checked out your profile page and saw to my sheer delight that your cover photo is  a Agents of Shield poster, I love love love that show. Always makes me happy to meet a fellow AOS fan cuz it's such an underrated show. :D  

Yeah it's kinda funny cuz i started with the non-cosmere books :lol:...I am actually playing a Sanderson Elimination rithmatist game right now so it brings back old memories lol

Yes Lift is one of my favorites already too! I can't wait for her interaction with Kaladin and the others! It's going to be hilarious! 

I want to read the other short stories in arcanum unbounded but as you pointed out, spoilers! lol ..I think I'll wait on them for a bit ;)

AOS fans unite!!!!!! :lol: so awesome! We should be friends! :D than we can endlessly talk about shows and books cuz i saw from your page which I just went and looked at that you are just as big a geek as I am lol

26 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

I want to read the other short stories in arcanum unbounded but as you pointed out, spoilers! lol ..I think I'll wait on them for a bit ;)

Actually except for Secret History and The Hope of Elantris (which happens after Elantris), the rest of the stories in Arcanum Unbounded don't have any spoilers in them. So you can read those now, some of them are set on the planets which we don't even have novels about yet so you're good to go. Oh there's also a story called Allomancer Jak which is set on Scadrial (the world of Mistborn) and is set during Era 2 and has some very minor spoilers for Era 2 so you might wanna skip that. Even so it still leaves you with 5 stories you can read without getting spoiled for anything.

47 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Yes Lift is one of my favorites already too! I can't wait for her interaction with Kaladin and the others! It's going to be hilarious! 

OMG can you imagine her and Kaladin butting heads? I'll probably die of laughter :D

48 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

AOS fans unite!!!!!! :lol: so awesome! We should be friends! :D than we can endlessly talk about shows and books cuz i saw from your page which I just went and looked at that you are just as big a geek as I am lol

Yay Shield buddies! we should totally be friends, I desperately need someone to talk and geek about AOS with cuz I don't know anyone in real life who watches the show (ugh, so few people watch this show and it's such a shame) anyway are you caught up?

And yup I'm a huge geek, there are so many things that I'm crazy about and I'm pretty sure we have a lot more in common as well. So let's geek out!